PDA

View Full Version : Wanna gag harder than you did...


Tragg
07-28-2002, 09:45 PM
when the Durham trade was announced, listen to Sutcliffe yakking during the Cub/Cards game.

The pieces are set;
The Cubs should be buyers, not sellers
On and on and on. Nauseating, really.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
when the Durham trade was announced, listen to Sutcliffe yakking during the Cub/Cards game.

The pieces are set;
The Cubs should be buyers, not sellers
On and on and on. Nauseating, really.

These Flubbie-loving morons have been spewing out nonsense about the flubs being "contenders" for years. Every year is supposed to be "their year" according to them and every year they fall on their ass and end up in the cellar or close to it (the anomolies of 1998, 1989 & 1984 aside). I am actually amused by this because it seems like they actually believe half of the stuff they say.

voodoochile
07-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
when the Durham trade was announced, listen to Sutcliffe yakking during the Cub/Cards game.

The pieces are set;
The Cubs should be buyers, not sellers
On and on and on. Nauseating, really.

From a marketing perspective, he is dead spot on. Reinsdorf is going to take at least SOME heat for trading off all the veterans. The flubbies aren't going to go anywhere this year anyway, but they could turn up the heat for the fanbase by acquiring some help and making a run for .500 and eyes toward making the playoffs next year. It won't matter whether they actually DO make the playoffs next year, just so long as they can sell the intent to the faithful sheep who sit in the stands all day everyday, come dead ivy or ShamME losing the HR contest...

With their good pub and the Sox horrible pub, it would be one more shot at the Sox and one more triumph for journalistic integrity and the lovable losers in blue...

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-28-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


From a marketing perspective, he is dead spot on. Reinsdorf is going to take at least SOME heat for trading off all the veterans. The flubbies aren't going to go anywhere this year anyway, but they could turn up the heat for the fanbase by acquiring some help and making a run for .500 and eyes toward making the playoffs next year. It won't matter whether they actually DO make the playoffs next year, just so long as they can sell the intent to the faithful sheep who sit in the stands all day everyday, come dead ivy or ShamME losing the HR contest...

With their good pub and the Sox horrible pub, it would be one more shot at the Sox and one more triumph for journalistic integrity and the lovable losers in blue...

The only reason that half of those people show up at the urinal is because to those wierdos up north it is somehow cool to go to the park & drink overpriced beer & chat on the cell phone to a guy sitting a few rows in back of you. Most of those people have no clue what is happening during the game and can't even name 5 players on the team.

LOSERS!!!

FarWestChicago
07-28-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
...or ShamME losing the HR contest...:nandrolone

Hmmm. I know they make Rogaine Plus. I wonder if they make Nandrolone Plus...

RedPinStripes
07-28-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:nandrolone

Hmmm. I know they make Rogaine Plus. I wonder if they make Nandrolone Plus...

Creatine is better. :D:

Tragg
07-28-2002, 11:47 PM
dd