PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the call this time?


MaggPipes
07-28-2002, 07:46 PM
There are a number of ways they can go.....

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-28-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
There are a number of ways they can go.....

I think Rowand will be our full time center fielder, with someone from the minors taking a start now and again.

Chisox_cali
07-28-2002, 07:49 PM
I really want Crede up, but I just don't see it happeneing. Even though I don't like it, my guess would be Jimenez get's the call up to play second and Willie moves to center. (Please note that I DONT want that to happen, it's just what I think KW will do.)

RedPinStripes
07-28-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I really want Crede up, but I just don't see it happeneing. Even though I don't like it, my guess would be Jimenez get's the call up to play second and Willie moves to center. (Please note that I DONT want that to happen, it's just what I think KW will do.)

It's sad that we can think of the moronic thing to do and we know there is a chance our GM will do exactly that.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-28-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I really want Crede up, but I just don't see it happeneing. Even though I don't like it, my guess would be Jimenez get's the call up to play second and Willie moves to center. (Please note that I DONT want that to happen, it's just what I think KW will do.)

We won't see Crede until either Clayton is traded or next season comes around, whichever comes first.

MisterB
07-28-2002, 07:51 PM
Seeing how Lenny operates, I bet Jimenez gets the call. Harris becomes starting 2B/ backup CF, and Jimenez and Graffy back up 2B. Which means no Crede before Sept. 1 unless Valentin or Clayton is traded. :(:

Daver
07-28-2002, 07:53 PM
Don't rule out Bill Simas getting the call,or Jim Parque for that matter,interleague play is over and they can carry an extra pitcher with Harris as an emergency outfeilder.

duke of dorwood
07-28-2002, 07:54 PM
His history is trying to make his trades look good in short order. And with his trades, thats no small task

MaggPipes
07-28-2002, 08:03 PM
I want to see either Simas or Almonte up, Simas may just keep pitching in AAA to get some innings to build up arm strength for next year.....my opinion............

Daver
07-28-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
I want to see either Simas or Almonte up, Simas may just keep pitching in AAA to get some innings to build up arm strength for next year.....my opinion............

You wil NOT see Almonte under any circumstances.

MisterB
07-28-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by daver
Don't rule out Bill Simas getting the call,or Jim Parque for that matter,interleague play is over and they can carry an extra pitcher with Harris as an emergency outfeilder.


Originally posted by MaggPipes
I want to see either Simas or Almonte up, Simas may just keep pitching in AAA to get some innings to build up arm strength for next year.....my opinion............


13 pitchers and a 3 man bench until sept. call-ups? I guess the starting 9 can forget about off days...

RedPinStripes
07-28-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by daver


You wil NOT see Almonte under any circumstances.

Because of the possible work stopage? Or does he just suck that bad now?

Chisox_cali
07-28-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
I want to see either Simas or Almonte up, Simas may just keep pitching in AAA to get some innings to build up arm strength for next year.....my opinion............

G W-L ERA IP BB K
Almonte 39 1-3 2.96 45.2 9 42
Simas 18 1-1 2.83 28.2 3 14

Chisox_cali
07-28-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


Because of the possible work stopage? Or does he just suck that bad now?

Well he's already on the 40-man, that's all I know.

Daver
07-28-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali


Well he's already on the 40-man, that's all I know.

He has no MLB service time.

Chisox_cali
07-28-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by daver


He has no MLB service time.

Well for some reason he's on it, and has been all year. 40-man (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/team/cws_team_40manroster.jsp?club_context=cws)

Daver
07-28-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali


Well for some reason he's on it, and has been all year. 40-man (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/team/cws_team_40manroster.jsp?club_context=cws)

I am well aware of the forty man roster,but in the event of a strike the owners can ask the union to allow players with no service time to continue playing,and there is a decent chance that it will be granted.

Chisox_cali
07-28-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by daver


I am well aware of the forty man roster,but in the event of a strike the owners can ask the union to allow players with no service time to continue playing,and there is a decent chance that it will be granted.

Ohhh Ok. Sorry. But I don't even want him to get called up anyway.

Daver
07-28-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali


Ohhh Ok. Sorry. But I don't even want him to get called up anyway.

No need to apologize,I was just trying to help clear up a cloudy situation.If I came acroos a little harsh I apologize.

Chisox_cali
07-28-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by daver


No need to apologize,I was just trying to help clear up a cloudy situation.If I came acroos a little harsh I apologize.

It's alright. As long as we're in agreement that Almote should NOT get called up.

C'mon Crede....... I know it's just a pipe dream :(:

Chisox_cali
07-28-2002, 09:01 PM
some stuff from whitesox.com:

"We are very pleased to add two quality arms such as Diaz and Meaux to our organization," said Williams, who is currently scouting the Sox's Triple-A team in Charlotte. "We believe both pitchers have bright futures and we look forward to immediately plugging them into our system."

The Sox new center fielder would appear to be Aaron Rowand, who has struggled as a reserve outfielder this season but has homered in two of his last three starts and went 1-for-3 on Sunday.

However, Rowand has had a short tenure as the starting center fielder in the past. He was given the job for three days in January after the Sox had traded Chris Singleton to Baltimore but before the signing of Lofton.

The White Sox have not announced a roster move to replace Lofton but could call up top outfield prospect Joe Borchard from Class AAA Charlotte, though they might not want to strand him on the Major League roster in the event of a work stoppage.

Borchard, who missed the first three weeks of the season with a broken foot suffered in Spring Training, hit his 15th home run on Saturday but his average has dropped to .265 and he's struck out 100 times in 317 at-bats. Other options are third base prospect Joe Crede, catcher Josh Paul, both of whom are with Charlotte.

The Sox also could bring up recently acquired infielder D'Angelo Jimenez to play second base and move Willie Harris to center field. Harris, who was recalled from Charlotte on Thursday after Ray Durham was traded to Oakland, split time between second and center in the minors. He already has one error in three games at second since joining the Sox.

basilesox
07-28-2002, 09:03 PM
I thought of this scenario: THe best in my opinion


Harris to CF, Grafanino to Second, Valentin to SS, Crede at 3rd.

This should only be temporary, to get both Harris and Crede at bats. Eventually, I think Harris should play second.

Crede needs to come up. I realize Clayton will never sit all the time. He will still probably play (unfortunately) but maybe they could switch off Valentin, Crede, and Clayton----Crede facing lefties and occasionally a righty..........with Clayton sitting.

When will we find out. Someone find the guy who knew that Lofton 's locker was cleaned out. (how the heck did he know that) I imagine they will anounce it soon. No need to wait. get the new guy up here

Daver
07-28-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by basilesox


When will we find out. Someone find the guy who knew that Lofton 's locker was cleaned out. (how the heck did he know that)

They announced it on the radio,everyone knew it.

rmusacch
07-28-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
Seeing how Lenny operates, I bet Jimenez gets the call. Harris becomes starting 2B/ backup CF, and Jimenez and Graffy back up 2B. Which means no Crede before Sept. 1 unless Valentin or Clayton is traded. :(:

So Rowand is the starting CF in this scenario?