PDA

View Full Version : Mariners to Move Fences In Next Year

PaleHoser
10-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Left field fence to be moved in up to 17 feet for next season.

http://www.katu.com/sports/Mariners-to-shrink-Safeco-Field-dimensions-in-13-172353471.html

LITTLE NELL
10-08-2012, 06:22 AM
What I would like to see is the fences moved back at USCF, maybe we wouldn't have guys like Beckham and TCM swinging for the fences all the time, you know maybe manufacture runs. What a novel idea that would be.

DumpJerry
10-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Left field fence to be moved in up to 17 feet for next season.

http://www.katu.com/sports/Mariners-to-shrink-Safeco-Field-dimensions-in-13-172353471.html
:walnuts
How many times we play there next year?

DoItForDanPasqua
10-08-2012, 11:54 AM
San Diego has been considering moving their fences in as well. I think it takes away from the game to have more home runs, but as I am probably in the minority in that opinion, I guess we will have more homers.

palehozenychicty
10-10-2012, 11:48 PM
qLECMCargd8

CoopaLoop
10-11-2012, 03:04 AM
What I would like to see is the fences moved back at USCF, maybe we wouldn't have guys like Beckham and TCM swinging for the fences all the time, you know maybe manufacture runs. What a novel idea that would be.

Me too let's build a national league team!

LITTLE NELL
10-11-2012, 06:15 AM
Me too let's build a national league team!

No, lets build a team that can get men on base, manufacture runs and maybe hit a Home Run with 2 men on. We had to lead the league in solo HRs. Something like the 2005 team would work for me.

TDog
10-11-2012, 11:21 AM
San Diego has been considering moving their fences in as well. I think it takes away from the game to have more home runs, but as I am probably in the minority in that opinion, I guess we will have more homers.

I agree with you. I like watching games in San Francisco, with its triples alley. Deep outfields, I think, result in more doubles and triples, especially triples. But you have to have a fast outfiled to cut balls off. It really makes both the offense and defense more fun to watch.

WhiteSox5187
10-11-2012, 03:38 PM
I agree with you. I like watching games in San Francisco, with its triples alley. Deep outfields, I think, result in more doubles and triples, especially triples. But you have to have a fast outfiled to cut balls off. It really makes both the offense and defense more fun to watch.

I agree, it would be nice if MLB could attempt to market that fact the way they did with the home run back in the 1990s.

doublem23
10-11-2012, 05:45 PM
No, lets build a team that can get men on base, manufacture runs and maybe hit a Home Run with 2 men on. We had to lead the league in solo HRs. Something like the 2005 team would work for me.

No, actually quite the opposite, the Sox had one of the lowest rates of solo HR in the AL last year

WhiteSox5187
10-11-2012, 06:39 PM
No, actually quite the opposite, the Sox had one of the lowest rates of solo HR in the AL last year

I think he meant this year we "had to lead the league" in solo homers and wanted to see us have an offense like the one we had in 2005.

doublem23
10-11-2012, 08:26 PM
I think he meant this year we "had to lead the league" in solo homers and wanted to see us have an offense like the one we had in 2005.

Well we didn't led the league in solo homers, the Yankees did, as one might assume since they lead the A.L. in HR. Second, the Sox hit one off the lowest percentage of HR in the league with bases empty... I think only 2 teams hit a fewer percentage of HR with no one on base than the Sox. I mean, I too would like the Sox to hit nothing but grand slams, but that's just not reality.

Nellie_Fox
10-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Well we didn't led the league in solo homers, the Yankees did, as one might assume since they lead the A.L. in HR. Second, the Sox hit one off the lowest percentage of HR in the league with bases empty... I think only 2 teams hit a fewer percentage of HR with no one on base than the Sox. I mean, I too would like the Sox to hit nothing but grand slams, but that's just not reality.And I think it was you who sagely pointed out that the most likely scenario in any at bat is to have the bases empty, so the most likely situation for a home run is with the bases empty. I hadn't thought of it before you pointed it out, but it makes perfect sense.