PDA

View Full Version : Adkins debuts for the Knights

Chisox_cali
07-28-2002, 07:17 PM
Here was his line:

2IP 3H 3R 3ER 1BB 1K 2HR

WooHoo Print those World Series Tickets!!

Also Parque started the game

5 2/3IP 9H 3R 3ER 0BB 2K 2HR and took the loss.

TheBigHurt
07-28-2002, 07:28 PM
ohhh that hurts

HawkDJ
07-28-2002, 07:37 PM
At least he is consistant.

TornLabrum
07-28-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Here was his line:

2IP 3H 3R 3ER 1BB 1K 2HR

So what you're saying is that 6.03 ERA wasn't because he was in the PCL? :angry:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-28-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Here was his line:

2IP 3H 3R 3ER 1BB 1K 2HR

Also Parque started the game

5 2/3IP 9H 3R 3ER 0BB 2K 2HR and took the loss.

The object of trading Durham was not the player we got in return, but the money we no longer have to pay Ray. If this guy turns out to be a good pitcher then so much the better. BTW, good to see "butter" pitching again.

Daver
07-28-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

The object of trading Durham was not the player we got in return, but the money we no longer have to pay Ray. If this guy turns out to be a good pitcher then so much the better. BTW, good to see "butter" pitching again.

I have three words for you about Jon Adkins:

Career Minor Leaguer.

RedPinStripes
07-28-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by daver

I have three words for you about Jon Adkins:

Career Minor Leaguer.

And that career shouldn't last as long as it will with the Sox.

Nellie_Fox
07-29-2002, 03:21 AM
His WHIP before the Sox got him? 1.77. Tonight? 2.0. Yeppers, consistent.

When the Sox traded for a "veteran presence" they gave up three top prospects. When they traded away a "veteran presence" they got one no-prospect. Got rid of his salary? Then how come they had to give Oakland money to pay part of it?

Kilroy
07-29-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
His WHIP before the Sox got him? 1.77. Tonight? 2.0. Yeppers, consistent.

When the Sox traded for a "veteran presence" they gave up three top prospects. When they traded away a "veteran presence" they got one no-prospect. Got rid of his salary? Then how come they had to give Oakland money to pay part of it?

Did we ever get a clear answer on that ? The way I heard it was that the Sox got this bum + cash for Durham, not that the Sox gave Durham and some cash for this bum.

If the Sox actually paid along with giving Durham, then there is truly no doubt about what needs to happen to a certain young GM.

Jerry_Manuel
07-29-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Did we ever get a clear answer on that ? The way I heard it was that the Sox got this bum + cash for Durham, not that the Sox gave Durham and some cash for this bum.

If the Sox actually paid along with giving Durham, then there is truly no doubt about what needs to happen to a certain young GM.

The Sox gave the A's $500,000. Durham is still owed two million or so for the remainder of this season.

Kilroy
07-29-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

The Sox gave the A's $500,000.

Oh holy crap.

Couldn't KW have gotten one more bum in this deal? Durham had SOME value. Granted, I don't think it was as high as I think a lot of others around here did, but GEEZUZ!! What a ****in rape job.