PDA

View Full Version : Wrigley Is Number 1...

DrCrawdad
10-02-2012, 10:54 AM
... the dirtiest ballpark!

http://www.ufe.com/196/no-1-chicago-cubs#.UGr_A7e9Kc1

That is according to the website UFE (Urine Feces Everywhere)

FecesFeces Ever

soltrain21
10-02-2012, 11:10 AM
...Not sure I want to know how this article was found.

kittle42
10-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Damn, Craw, you beat me to it!

This is of no surprise. It's a rare sight if you actually *do* see a guy wash his hands in a Wrigley bathroom.

Another reason aside from "holding a beer," as the article states, is that there are sometimes, especially on really crowded games, guys actually peeing in the sinks.

DrCrawdad
10-02-2012, 11:26 AM
...Not sure I want to know how this article was found.

The article was mentioned on WGN Radios Brandmeier show today. CBS has an article on it too. Pardon me for not genuflecting towards Wrigley.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/02/web-site-ranks-wrigley-field-as-mlbs-dirtiest-ballpark/

Nellie_Fox
10-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Damn, Craw, you beat me to it!

This is of no surprise. It's a rare sight if you actually *do* see a guy wash his hands in a Wrigley bathroom.

Another reason aside from "holding a beer," as the article states, is that there are sometimes, especially on really crowded games, guys actually peeing in the sinks.
That was common at Old Comiskey as well. Guys were lined up to pee in the sinks.

DrCrawdad
10-02-2012, 01:02 PM
That was common at Old Comiskey as well. Guys were lined up to pee in the sinks.

I remember guys using the sink and garbage cans at a Boston concert at the Amphitheatre.

kittle42
10-02-2012, 01:20 PM
I've seen sink pissing at the Cell, too. But some piss vs. a lot of piss is the issue!

DumpJerry
10-02-2012, 01:24 PM
This thread is headed to the crapper.

thomas35forever
10-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Scary thing is most people don't think about this when they go about things there.

doublem23
10-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Scary thing is most people don't think about this when they go about things there.

Not really, you'd be surprised at what's growing in your kitchen.

DrCrawdad
10-02-2012, 02:21 PM
This thread is headed to the crapper.

It stinks too...

kittle42
10-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Anyway, to get a little back on track - what is it with men not washing their hands at sporting events? Let's hear from some of you who will admit to not doing it.

I have seen guys not only not wash their hands, but not wash their hands after planting their hand on the wall during a stance at the urinal.

Ugh.

MUsoxfan
10-02-2012, 03:37 PM
To be fair, cash is about the dirtiest thing out there and how many people run to wash their hands after buying a beer or a brat?

Frater Perdurabo
10-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Anyway, to get a little back on track - what is it with men not washing their hands at sporting events? Let's hear from some of you who will admit to not doing it.

I have seen guys not only not wash their hands, but not wash their hands after planting their hand on the wall during a stance at the urinal.

Ugh.

Agreed. It's not just sporting events either. I've seen college students - and even college faculty and staff - not wash their hands after defecating. In fact, I know a few health care professionals who don't wash their hands after using the restroom.

SoxFanCPA
10-02-2012, 05:55 PM
I frequently pee in the sink and then washing my hands also serves as a "flush". Saves water IMO so I'm not going to rip on Cubs fans for doing that.

LITTLE NELL
10-02-2012, 06:42 PM
I frequently pee in the sink and then washing my hands also serves as a "flush". Saves water IMO so I'm not going to rip on Cubs fans for doing that.

Do you do this in your home?
If so, I refuse any dinner invitations.

RadioheadRocks
10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
It blows my mind how many people at ballparks, restaurants, work, etc. do not know how to wash their hands after using the facilities... hell I could tell you stories about some who don't know how to FLUSH and prefer to leave their handiwork for all to see.

Bottom line, if you don't know how to flush and wash your hands after, YOU'RE NOT POTTY TRAINED.

That is all.

WSox597
10-02-2012, 07:41 PM
I remember guys using the sink and garbage cans at a Boston concert at the Amphitheatre.

I saw the same thing at a Pink Floyd show at the Rosemont Horizon in the late '80's. I could hardly believe my eyes.

Frater Perdurabo
10-02-2012, 08:25 PM
There's also men who urinate in regular toilets, refuse to lift the seat, pee all over it, refuse to clean their mess, and then do not flush. Do these disgusting slobs do this at home?

Frater Perdurabo
10-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Bottom line, if you don't know how to flush and wash your hands after, YOU'RE NOT POTTY TRAINED.

That is all.

/End thread

Red Barchetta
10-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Nothing adds to the old-school charm of Wrigley Field more than enjoying the backsplash from the beer guzzling drunk pissing next to you in the trough.

Although troughs themselves are disgusting, poorly designed urinals aren't much better as demonstrated when wearing short pants. I guess the only difference is the choice of your own backsplash or the cocktail mix with that of a stranger. :?:

kittle42
10-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Let's not pretend like it's just Wrigley - wasn't the Cell still at like 50%? That's ****ing gross.

DeadMoney
10-03-2012, 12:41 PM
It blows my mind how many people at ballparks, restaurants, work, etc. do not know how to wash their hands after using the facilities... hell I could tell you stories about some who don't know how to FLUSH and prefer to leave their handiwork for all to see.

There's also men who urinate in regular toilets, refuse to lift the seat, pee all over it, refuse to clean their mess, and then do not flush. Do these disgusting slobs do this at home?

Yep... I know people who don't know how to do these things in the office I work in. It's disgusting.

TDog
10-03-2012, 03:25 PM

When I moved out West in my early 20s and started going to games in Calfirnia, I was impressed with how much cleaner the ballparks were compared with Old Comiskey and Wrigley. From a couple of thousand miles away, I thought New Comiskey would be more popular with fans simply because it wouldn't be as dirty.

voodoochile
10-06-2012, 11:49 AM
i frequently pee in the sink and then washing my hands also serves as a "flush". Saves water imo so i'm not going to rip on cubs fans for doing that.

ewww!

white sox bill
10-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Maybe cub fans justification is that urine is supposedly sterile.......

Nellie_Fox
10-07-2012, 01:27 AM
ewww!Yeah, I'm amazed anybody would admit to that.

Konerko05
10-07-2012, 01:32 PM

Is this real? Where exactly are you doing this?

Wrigley Field's troughs and overall bathroom experience is what made me become a Sox fan.

I was supposed to be a Cubs fan. Everyone in my family is, and my Dad and Uncle would frequently take me and my brother to Cubs games.

The first time I walked in to the Wrigley Field bathroom as a 6 year old, I was not prepared to see what I saw. I then took cover in a stall, only to have some drunk guy open the door on me and almost walk entirely in the stall.

I am positive this is one of the main reasons I declared myself a White Sox fan when I started playing organized baseball at age 7. To this day, I still try to avoid the Wrigley Field bathroom experience if I go to a game. It literally makes me feel like I have pee condensation on me.

And the not washing your hands thing is a problem everywhere. I do not get it. Even if you aren't afraid or germs, after using a public bathroom, people should realize they probably have something pretty gross on their hands. People are just dirty. Although if CPA up there is peeing in the sinks and thinking this is a way to "save water," sanitizer might be a cleaner option.

RadioheadRocks
10-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Maybe cub fans justification is that urine is supposedly sterile.......

... as if anyone would ever be stung by a jellyfish at Wriggly. :rolling:

TheVulture
10-10-2012, 09:12 PM

I wouldn't wash my hands in a Wrigley sink either. It's probably actually less hygienic to wash your hands there.