PDA

View Full Version : What I would like to see done for next year

beausox
07-28-2002, 01:38 PM
Its been awhile guys, for those of you who remember me I'm back. I finalyl got a new computer, one that didn't take a half hour to upload this site.

Anyways, since tis season has been a huge disappointement and we find ourselves at yet another fork in the road (thanks to KW), here is what I would liek to see next year.

C-Mark Johnson and either Josh Paul or Miguel Olivo, I don't want Sandy returning to this team. A Johnson/Paul tandem could have done what Alomar/Johnson have done.

1B-Paul Konerko-I hope this man is in a Sox uniform for the next 10 years.

2B-Willie Harris-He's ready to be a big-league second baseman

SS-D'Angelo Jiminez-This kid is extremely talented and a lot cheaper than eithe Royce or Jose. This means Jose has to be traded.

3B-Joe Crede-How much higher does his batting average have to be before the Sox will play him?

LF-Carlos Lee-He's still, young, cheap, and loaded w/ potential

CF-Joe Borchard-He's young, not so cheap, and incredibly talented

RF-Magglio Ordonez-See Konerko

DH-Frank Thomas-I'm still a firm Thomas beleiver, you dont' miss a whole season and come back and set the world afire. 2003 will be Thoams' big break-out year and I hope he's still on teh south side.

SP-Mark Buehrle-See Konerko
SP-Jon Garland-He's almost there, next eyar he may realize his potential
SP-Jon Rauch-He was rushed this year, he'll be ready next year
SP-Corwin Malone-He may have moved ahead of Rauch
SP-Dan Wright-He's a capable fifth starter

The onyl problem wi/ this is I don't know how much you can get for Ritchie.

In the pen....

Foulke-He needs to be back and as a closer
Osuna
Howry
Ginter
Glover
Biddle

I think our kids Harris, Jiminez, Crede, Rauch, Malone, etc. could probably have done better than Rotchie, CLayton, etc.

Daver
07-28-2002, 01:44 PM
Jiminez has played in thirteen games at AAA Charlotte,he has 4 errors and has a whopping 4 RBI,he is not a starting SS for a MLB team.

Jerry_Manuel
07-28-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by daver
Jiminez has played in thirteen games at AAA Charlotte,he has 4 errors and has a whopping 4 RBI,he is not a starting SS for a MLB team.

Correct.

So that he means he'll be out there.

HawkDJ
07-28-2002, 02:24 PM

Well he was 2-for-5 yesterday with a RBI so he now was 5 RBI. He also has 9 runs scored by the way.

Tragg
07-28-2002, 02:26 PM
I don't want sandy in chicago either, but it seems like johnson is getting steadily worse.

SS remains an issue - a big one - imo.

Just watching right now - poor mj can't even get a bunt down.

nut_stock
07-28-2002, 11:08 PM
I'm not sold on that rotation. I know I was wrong about the Ritchie trade (at the time, I liked it), but we need to get another veteran #2 starter. There are too many kids in that rotation.

danman31
07-28-2002, 11:40 PM
I love Corwin Malone's stuff. I watched him in that exhibition in SF and I think he is going to be something, but he won't be ready next year. Rauch I don't think will be good for a couple years, like Kip Wells and Garland. Garland's year is next year, Wells is a bit older and his year came this year. Anyway, the pitching will come in time, but isn't close to ready.

I'd rather see Liefer in left than Lee. Lee just isn't it for me, Liefer can produce and he will be good when he gets to play everyday.

Jiminez will be good, I don't know why everybody hates him. Beyond the stats because no one has seen him enough to bash him. I think Hummel will be dealt for a pitcher in the offseason, it just seems like it fits with every scenario blocking his way.

BuehrleACE56
07-29-2002, 01:28 AM
i think an MJ/Paul tandem will work out well. no more sandy.
i also want to see konerko, maggs, and buehrle in sox uniforms for the next ten years. build around them.
thomas is washed up. stop waiting. youth movement time.
SS is our biggest issue. jiminez doesn't seem to be ready and royce isn't going to be back. this needs to be addressed.
i would rather see if rowand can prove himself this year and get the starting job in CF. i really like this kid a lot.
Buehrle, garland, and wright will be in our rotation. buehrle will be just fine. garland will come along. wright will be a reliable #4-#5 guy. he is a power pitcher, can go deep in games, and if you have 4 other guys to back him up then his occasional blow-up wont hurt as badly. the other two spots are tough to fill. can rauch recover from his 2002 disaster? parque anyone?
the bullpen needs to have biddle, glover, and marte. find other guys as needed. osuna, wunsch, howry, and foulke are not worth it. dump them as needed.
call up crede to play third, borchard to take rowands spot as 4th outfielder. trade liefer or lee and put the untraded guy in LF. liefer deserves to play and if not here, then somewhere else. lee has potential but how long are we gonna wait? wee willie needs to play 2nd. no moving him around. whatever happens, get a set lineup and stick with it barring injuries etc.

guillen4life13
07-29-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
i think an MJ/Paul tandem will work out well. no more sandy.
i also want to see konerko, maggs, and buehrle in sox uniforms for the next ten years. build around them.
thomas is washed up. stop waiting. youth movement time.
SS is our biggest issue. jiminez doesn't seem to be ready and royce isn't going to be back. this needs to be addressed.
i would rather see if rowand can prove himself this year and get the starting job in CF. i really like this kid a lot.
Buehrle, garland, and wright will be in our rotation. buehrle will be just fine. garland will come along. wright will be a reliable #4-#5 guy. he is a power pitcher, can go deep in games, and if you have 4 other guys to back him up then his occasional blow-up wont hurt as badly. the other two spots are tough to fill. can rauch recover from his 2002 disaster? parque anyone?
the bullpen needs to have biddle, glover, and marte. find other guys as needed. osuna, wunsch, howry, and foulke are not worth it. dump them as needed.
call up crede to play third, borchard to take rowands spot as 4th outfielder. trade liefer or lee and put the untraded guy in LF. liefer deserves to play and if not here, then somewhere else. lee has potential but how long are we gonna wait? wee willie needs to play 2nd. no moving him around. whatever happens, get a set lineup and stick with it barring injuries etc.

ok here's the thing about borchard being a 4th OFer. he's making 5 million dollars per year, and he won't even be playing that much. it would be better for him to be in AAA or to get the starting job in CF. we don't want him wasting away on the bench.

also... I think that Matt Ginter deserves a look as a starter. I think that he could be a good #5 starter behind Wright. How does this look? (i'm gonna project stats cuz it will just make it look better also). heck- I think that maybe Ginter should be the 4th starter, with Wright as the 5th. I'm being realistic about the rotation next year. personally I think that the rockmeister needs to be there, and that Dan Wright/Matt Ginter should be in the pen.

LHP Mark Buehrle 20-10 3.20era
RHP Jon Garland 15-10 3.80era
RHP Matt Ginter 15-12 3.90era
RHP Dan Wright 14-11 4.50era
LHP Corwin Malone 14-10 4.00era
RHP Rocky Biddle 14-13 4.50 era

bullpen:

RHP Jon Rauch
RHP Keith Foulke
LHP Damaso Marte
RHP Antonio Osuna
RHP Bob Howry
RHP Edwin Almonte

possibilities that could replace any bullpen personnel include:

LHP Jim Parque (butter)
RHP Bill Simas (2.93 era in AAA)
RHP Brooks Kieschnick (doubtful, but he has talent... i think)

i think that in ST, Miguel Olivo should be seriously considered.

btw what happened to mario valenzuela?

DrCrawdad
07-29-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by guillen4life13

Traded to San Diego for Jimenez.

Jerry_Manuel
07-29-2002, 11:11 AM
ok here's the thing about borchard being a 4th OFer. he's making 5 million dollars per year, and he won't even be playing that much. it would be better for him to be in AAA or to get the starting job in CF. we don't want him wasting away on the bench.

No he's not, he was given a 5.3 million dollar signing bonus.

When he does get here he'll be starting.

guillen4life13
07-29-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

No he's not, he was given a 5.3 million dollar signing bonus.

When he does get here he'll be starting.

wait. well that means he's gonna be making 5.3 mil right? explain this to me, cuz i'm getting a lil confused.

Jerry_Manuel
07-29-2002, 11:18 AM
wait. well that means he's gonna be making 5.3 mil right? explain this to me, cuz i'm getting a lil confused.

I don't believe that's the case.

He got five million dollars just for signing the contract and agreeing to ditch football. It's just a signing bonus. Like in football when the team signs it's first round pick, they get a four million dollar signing bonus. Or whatever. They get the four million up front and that's it.

He won't be getting that much per year in his first season.

guillen4life13
07-29-2002, 11:25 AM
oh. i see. for some reason i was under the impression that a signing bonus is just adding money to the contract (how much u get per year). thanks jm

hold2dibber
07-29-2002, 12:09 PM

LHP Mark Buehrle 20-10 3.20era
RHP Jon Garland 15-10 3.80era
RHP Matt Ginter 15-12 3.90era
RHP Dan Wright 14-11 4.50era
LHP Corwin Malone 14-10 4.00era
RHP Rocky Biddle 14-13 4.50 era

bullpen:

RHP Jon Rauch
RHP Keith Foulke
LHP Damaso Marte
RHP Antonio Osuna
RHP Bob Howry
RHP Edwin Almonte

possibilities that could replace any bullpen personnel include:

LHP Jim Parque (butter)
RHP Bill Simas (2.93 era in AAA)
RHP Brooks Kieschnick (doubtful, but he has talent... i think)

i think that in ST, Miguel Olivo should be seriously considered.

I'm glad you're so optimistic, but I don't understand why. Not a single one of your listed starters with a losing record or an ERA over 4.50 (whereas this year all of our starters save one has an ERA over 4.50)? I don't think that's very realistic. And I don't think Malone will be MLB ready next year. He's still very young and, from what I understand, has struggled with his command in the minors this year. I think Biddle will probably joint the starting rotation next year. Rauch might, but might be another year away. I also see Parque as a viable candidate. Glover and Ginter are possibilities, but I think I like them better out of the pen. We certainly have a lot of pitchers to choose from - hopefully some of them will actually be decent.

Dadawg_77
07-29-2002, 12:21 PM
oh. i see. for some reason i was under the impression that a signing bonus is just adding money to the contract (how much u get per year). thanks jm

LTP got a singing bonus of 5 plus million dollars. When he joins the team he will make about $200,000 for his first year.

Daver, I am not sure we can cast Jimenez as a bad SS after only 13 games, at least give him till the end of the year to evaulate him. Jimenez had tremendous amount of talent, but suffer a crush verabrate in a car crash. Kenny is betting that he can regain it, and if he doesn't not that much was lost in the trade.

Daver
07-29-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

Daver, I am not sure we can cast Jimenez as a bad SS after only 13 games, at least give him till the end of the year to evaulate him. Jimenez had tremendous amount of talent, but suffer a crush verabrate in a car crash. Kenny is betting that he can regain it, and if he doesn't not that much was lost in the trade.

I understand that,I was pointing it out to the contigent that want Royce and Jose traded and him brought up to play now.

That move would make no sense right now.

hold2dibber
07-29-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Traded to San Diego for Jimenez.

Is this right? I thought Joe Valentine -- not Mario Valenzuela --and someone else I'd never heard of was traded to San Diego for Jimenez.

Jerry_Manuel
07-29-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Is this right? I thought Joe Valentine -- not Mario Valenzuela --and someone else I'd never heard of was traded to San Diego for Jimenez.

Valentine is good. Williams doesn't trade away good prospects! :D:

The Chicago White Sox have acquired infielder D'Angelo Jimenez (pronounced hee-MEN-ez) from the San Diego Padres in exchange for minor-league outfielder Alex Fernandez and catcher Humberto Quintero. Jimenez has been optioned to Class AAA Charlotte.

Daver
07-29-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Valentine is good. Williams doesn't trade away good prospects! :D:

He let Valentine go in the rule 5 draft last year........

Jerry_Manuel
07-29-2002, 04:31 PM

Maybe I should've used teal.

Randar68
07-29-2002, 04:32 PM

Perhaps that was the risk he took knowing he would never stay on a MLB roster the whole season...

hold2dibber
07-29-2002, 05:26 PM
So what happened to Valenzuela (sp?)? I haven't heard anything about him all year, but he sure looked good in S.T. (which, I realize, means next to nothing).