PDA

View Full Version : A Call To Arms

DoItForDanPasqua
09-23-2012, 09:46 PM
The Sox come home tomorrow for the last home stand of the season. They have shown that they are pretty bad at baseball and need support. I'm going to try to attend at least two. If anyone is undecided about attending a game, please do it, cheer loudly for them, and don't boo Addison Reed no matter what he does. They need us and I need you to help them for my own sanity.

Soxman219
09-23-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm going on Tuesday and Saturday. The Tigers don't want the division, it's up to the Sox to take it!

guillensdisciple
09-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Will be helping the army on Tuesday and Friday. As pessimistic as I may be, I will cheer my lungs off. Tuesday going solo, Friday going with some friends.

GlassSox
09-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Wed - Sat - Sun for me and my wife.

The Immigrant
09-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Going with big groups tomorrow and Saturday. I love watching Chris Sale pitch.

mzh
09-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Thursday and Sunday for me. Get 'er done!

ChiSoxGal85
09-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Monday, Tuesday, and possibly Friday for me...and I'll be cheering my brains out....

:gosox:

CHISOXFAN13
09-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Monday and Tuesday for sure.

Carneyman14
09-23-2012, 09:59 PM
MYKsbld6LII

tony1972
09-23-2012, 10:02 PM
The Sox come home tomorrow for the last home stand of the season. They have shown that they are pretty bad at baseball and need support. I'm going to try to attend at least two. If anyone is undecided about attending a game, please do it, cheer loudly for them, and don't boo Addison Reed no matter what he does. They need us and I need you to help them for my own sanity.

I'll be sure to be in my seat before the 1st Sac Bunt call by Ozz..er..I mean Robin in the 1st inning...:D:

Zakath
09-23-2012, 10:10 PM
I was thinking that a Call to Bats would be more appropriate. The Arms appear to be OK...

guillensdisciple
09-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Just bought tickets.

Tuesday on the cheap so I decided to get seats I have never had. Sprung for seats next to the sox dugout in the 27th row for 23 bucks. Definitely worth it never been that close.

Friday got four tickets in section 527 row 2.

Go Sox!!

Warriorjan
09-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Might go Tuesday as well.
Guys have to bring home some runs.

Warriorjan
09-23-2012, 10:58 PM
I wonder if they are going to direct people to the lower deck again like they did on Monday. If I thought so, I would just buy one of the super cheap upper deck seats and just find a seat downstairs.
Sure are some good prices for Tuesday anyway, though.

soxfan21
09-23-2012, 11:01 PM
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

cheezheadsoxfan
09-23-2012, 11:02 PM
I was thinking that a Call to Bats would be more appropriate. The Arms appear to be OK...
LOL! :tiphat:

DSpivack
09-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Going friday night. And, no, I won't boo, no matter how poorly (or well) they play against Cleveland.

Chez
09-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Tuesday and Sunday.

doublem23
09-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for me

tebman
09-24-2012, 08:29 AM
Win or lose we'll be there Tuesday and Sunday.

The Tigers don't seem to want it, so let's take it.

:club:

Bucky F. Dent
09-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Headed up I-65 to see 'em on Sunday! GO SOX!

Rocky Soprano
09-24-2012, 08:47 AM
I'll be there tonight and Friday for sure.
I'm going to try to make it to one more.

Tonight I get to sit in the Scout Seats for the first time. :gulp:

SephClone89
09-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Saturday and Sunday.

DeadMoney
09-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Tickets for Thur-Fri-Sat-Sun for me... Saturday will be a no because of a bachelor party, but I'll be there the other nights/days. No matter what happens between now and then though, they will get a loud applause at the end of the game on Sunday for a season I never expected.

Let's do this.

WhiteSox56
09-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Going Sunday as well.

Bruizer
09-24-2012, 10:10 AM
We'll be there Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. We're taking the whole family on Sunday, which happens to be my birthday. I hope the magic number is down to one by then! :happybday

SOXSINCE'70
09-24-2012, 10:12 AM
I'll be there Monday night. Haven't seen Sale pitch this season.Looking forward to it.Score some runs early,guys.My sanity needs a break.

SOXSINCE'70
09-24-2012, 10:14 AM
I was thinking that a Call to Bats would be more appropriate.

True.Cooler weather does favor the pitchers.

tstrike2000
09-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Going Wednesday my a buddy of mine. Since the Tigers don't want it, I really wish and hope the Sox can just close out this division. Plus, it doesn't help I have to keep hearing the same tiresome garbage from the stereotypical Sox hating Scrubs fan that's in our office. All the same trash about attendance, to how lucky we were in '05, to how if we were any other division the Sox would be way back. I just smile and don't respond to such nonsensical garbage, but we need our offense to somehow jumpstart itself in a hurry.

Jerko
09-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Don't forget Tuesday is now an afternoon game. I believe it's also the 2nd of 2 dog days. I'll be there Tuesday, and I have tickets for Sat and Sun as well. Was hoping for one of those to be a clinch game..........I doubt it now but you never know.

kittle42
09-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Wednesday, maybe Friday.

palehosepub
09-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Will be there Monday Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. Lets start out right tonight!

FielderJones
09-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Going tonight, and possibly Sunday.

Lorenzo Barcelo
09-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Are there any special festivities for Fan Appreciation Day?

thomas35forever
09-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Anyone actually going by themselves or will you all have company with you?

DonnieDarko
09-24-2012, 03:05 PM

Assuming the Sox are still in contention, I intend to go to that game. Either that or Friday night or Saturday's game.

guillensdisciple
09-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Anyone actually going by themselves or will you all have company with you?

Going by myself tomorrow, Friday going with 3 friends of mine.

roylestillman
09-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Tonight, tomorrow and probably Saturday.

Quentin08
09-24-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm thinking about going tonight. I love these types of games where there's about 18,000 in attendance but they're all die hards and all into every pitch. Good times!

Warriorjan
09-25-2012, 12:41 AM
Going alone Tuesday, possibly Wednesday and with a friend on Friday.

DonnieDarko
09-25-2012, 07:52 AM
It's been settled. I'm going Friday.

Ragator43
09-25-2012, 09:54 AM

They usually give away a team poster at the gate, random giveaways during the game, and a pregame autograph session before the game. If the sox haven't clinched by Sunday morning or if they consider the weather to be bad, the autograph session will be cancelled.

guillensdisciple
09-25-2012, 09:55 AM
On my way now.

Had myself a hearty breakfast at walker bros. some eggs and hash browns.

Sox fan manager at the place and I had a conversation about the sox. He loved last night like most of us. Then went to seven eleven and had two sox fans fist bump me on the shoulder and told me go sox. I love excitement for baseball late in the season. You can feel it in the air like some kind of breath of fresh air, fall ball is so close and people are starting to buzz about it with 9 games left.

Anyway, I hope I can bring our sox some good luck today and they absolutely bomb the Indians and put the pressure on the tigers later tonight. They are facing Mr. Chen, hopefully he pulls another magic trick and our magic number is down to 7 by tonight.

Go sox!

ChiSoxGal85
09-25-2012, 10:17 AM
On my way now.

Had myself a hearty breakfast at walker bros. some eggs and hash browns.

Sox fan manager at the place and I had a conversation about the sox. He loved last night like most of us. Then went to seven eleven and had two sox fans fist bump me on the shoulder and told me go sox. I love excitement for baseball late in the season. You can feel it in the air like some kind of breath of fresh air, fall ball is so close and people are starting to buzz about it with 9 games left.

Anyway, I hope I can bring our sox some good luck today and they absolutely bomb the Indians and put the pressure on the tigers later tonight. They are facing Mr. Chen, hopefully he pulls another magic trick and our magic number is down to 7 by tonight.

Go sox!

On our way and just got a "Go Sox!!" from a guy at Walmart! Go Sox! :D

palehosepub
09-25-2012, 10:21 AM
A couple of weeks back I had an interesting discussion with a visiting Tiger fan who was in from Michigan for the 4 game series in mid- September. We were discussing both teams and their situations and his impression of Chicago is that Sox fans, in general, are "not hungry enough" for a World Championship. There is a core of diehard Sox fans but not widespread enthusiasm for the team while Detroit fans are behind their team even though the Tigers have been a disappointment. He didn't offer that observation as a taunt it was just the sense that he and some of his fellow fans had. And in reality I couldn't really disagree with him.

The fans who were at last night's game were enthusiastic and supportive but there should have been more of them. Tickets were very affordable with both with half price night options and Stubhub. I saw a number of people pre game offering tickets for free last night as I waited for my son by the 2005 monument.

Lillibridge sent a tweet last night that said "Cmon Chicago - you can do better than that" in regards to the fact that the lower bowl was not close to being filled for a game with playoff ramifications.

These comments are not meant to knock those who are there but too many Sox fans seem to want to find reasons why they can't go to the game as opposed to going out there and supporting there team. And its not just higher ticket prices and dynamic pricing.

SephClone89
09-25-2012, 10:34 AM
The fans who were at last night's game were enthusiastic and supportive but there should have been more of them. Tickets were very affordable with both with half price night options and Stubhub. I saw a number of people pre game offering tickets for free last night as I waited for my son by the 2005 monument.

Lillibridge sent a tweet last night that said "Cmon Chicago - you can do better than that" in regards to the fact that the lower bowl was not close to being filled for a game with playoff ramifications.

These comments are not meant to knock those who are there but too many Sox fans seem to want to find reasons why they can't go to the game as opposed to going out there and supporting there team. And its not just higher ticket prices and dynamic pricing.

I was shocked that the park was only half-full last night. I'd imagine it'll be even worse this afternoon.

Damn well better be full for both weekend games when I'm there.

FielderJones
09-25-2012, 11:48 AM
A couple of weeks back I had an interesting discussion with a visiting Tiger fan who was in from Michigan for the 4 game series in mid- September. We were discussing both teams and their situations and his impression of Chicago is that Sox fans, in general, are "not hungry enough" for a World Championship. There is a core of diehard Sox fans but not widespread enthusiasm for the team while Detroit fans are behind their team even though the Tigers have been a disappointment. He didn't offer that observation as a taunt it was just the sense that he and some of his fellow fans had. And in reality I couldn't really disagree with him.

Which National League team does the Tiger franchise have to compete with?

Nellie_Fox
09-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Had myself a hearty breakfast at walker bros.When I was in high school, I worked at the Walker Brothers in LaGrange. Oh, how I loved the '49er flapjacks.

TomBradley72
09-25-2012, 12:01 PM

The reality is that this has not been an "inspiring" team for the fan base- coming off a 5 game losing streak- and outside the sweep of Minnesota- not any really inspiring baseball since the late August sweeps of NYY & SEA. (we're 10-12 in Sept)- we're in the race primarily because the Tigers have disappointed- otherwise we'd be 4 games out of the wild card on the edge of being eliminated.

If we win today- could inspire some decent walk up crowds for Wed, Thurs, etc.

Harry Potter
09-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Oh, how I loved the '49er flapjacks.

This.

http://blog.rifftrax.com/wp-content/uploads/homer-drooling.jpg

Moses_Scurry
09-25-2012, 12:59 PM
When I was in high school, I worked at the Walker Brothers in LaGrange. Oh, how I loved the '49er flapjacks.

Yes!! It's the only thing I ever order at a Walker Brothers. I've been trying my damnedest to replicate them at home, but so far I have failed.

palehosepub
09-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Which National League team does the Tiger franchise have to compete with?

Right now what NL team are we competing with?

Chicago is substantially larger than Detroit and should be able to support two teams especially with one being among the worst in baseball. People aren't choosing to go to Cubs games now instead of Sox games.

Nellie_Fox
09-25-2012, 01:27 PM
This is turning into an "attendance thread." Don't make me shut it down.

dwitt76
09-25-2012, 01:54 PM

Attendance has a lot to do with what the team did last year. Tigers went to the ALCS. Sox underacheived big time in 2011. White sox are slowly turning the casual fan base back in their favor. If we make the ALCS this year, i would like to see the attendance next year. Especially if sox mgt make a big time free agent signing like the tigers did with prince.

DSpivack
09-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Yes!! It's the only thing I ever order at a Walker Brothers. I've been trying my damnedest to replicate them at home, but so far I have failed.

Hard to replicate that sour dough, I would imagine.

kaufsox
09-26-2012, 10:38 AM
went monday will be there sunday, SUNday, SUNDAY!!!