PDA

View Full Version : Who you Crapping file

cornball
07-28-2002, 12:15 PM
Sandy Alomar said in the Sun-Times article " Ray is getting hot and will be a free agent so they wanted to get something for him"..........what did they get? Who you crapping!!!! LOL

SI1020
07-28-2002, 03:27 PM
I remember when Buddy Ryan was coaching the Eagles and one his running backs found his way into Ryan's doghouse. I forget the guy's name but when asked about him Ryan said he would trade him for a six pack "and it doesn't even have to be cold". That's about what the Sox traded Ray for, a warm six pack.

voodoochile
07-28-2002, 04:19 PM
How do we know what we got for Ray until we get a chance to see the kid pitch for the organization for a while. He may not look like a world beater, but neither did Josh Fogg, yet the number of guys who have looked like can't miss prospects who turned out to be busts is as long as the history of baseball itself. Look at the bright side - Nardi's gone, so now the new guy has a chance...

:D:

SI1020
07-28-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
How do we know what we got for Ray until we get a chance to see the kid pitch for the organization for a while. He may not look like a world beater, but neither did Josh Fogg, yet the number of guys who have looked like can't miss prospects who turned out to be busts is as long as the history of baseball itself. Look at the bright side - Nardi's gone, so now the new guy has a chance...

:D: I'd be glad to be wrong about this adkins guy but I don't see him doing anything at all in a Sox uniform. If I'm wrong then the first ten beers or whatever are on me. Wells and Fogg were college pitching stars with a world of promise. This guy has had I don't know how many surgeries, every story gives a different number. His stats are for the most part terrible and KW traded for him. But if he turns out decent then the deal stands if you like. And yes it is great that Nardi is gone, I want to see someone step in who can really develop the young arms we have left.

Daver
07-28-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by SI1020
And yes it is great that Nardi is gone, I want to see someone step in who can really develop the young arms we have left.

He's already there,Don Cooper is the guy you want for a young staff.

guillen4life13
07-28-2002, 05:54 PM
you know... i'd be really really happy if this adkins guy turns out to be the next odalis perez (odalis also had tommy john surgery I think... and after the surgery he wasn't as highly regarded). remember: brian jordan was the main guy in the sheffield trade... not perez.

SI1020
07-29-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by daver

He's already there,Don Cooper is the guy you want for a young staff. Lots of Sox fans seem to be high on Cooper. Not living in Chicago I don't always have the "inside" scoop on things. Is Cooper going to given the job permanently or is he just "interim"?

NUCatsFan
07-29-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

:D:

Listen, if any team knows how to develop young pitchers, it's Oakland. If this guy is in AAA and still only has one good pitch, then the guy doesn't have the makeup needed to be major leaguer.

guillen4life13
07-29-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by NUCatsFan

Listen, if any team knows how to develop young pitchers, it's Oakland. If this guy is in AAA and still only has one good pitch, then the guy doesn't have the makeup needed to be major leaguer.

you're right. well. after all i guess the motive of the trade was to unload his remaining salary, and avoid arbritation come next year