PDA

View Full Version : The Strike Vote in AZ

TornLabrum
07-28-2002, 10:05 AM
Julie Swieca reported this morning on The Score that, according to the Sun-Times, the Diamondbacks voted not to set a strike date out of respocet for Jerry Colangelo. Can anyone imagine our players doing anything out of respect for Jerry Reinsdorf? :?:

LongDistanceFan
07-28-2002, 10:16 AM
what amazes me is that not too many players will do that for their employers. that is respect that azl is showing. i wonder if the yank will do that.

Jjav829
07-28-2002, 10:19 AM
:burly
"Out of respect for Jerry Reinsdorf, I would gladly go to the Cardinals for more money rather than make Jerry shell out a lot of money to keep me."

kermittheefrog
07-28-2002, 11:14 AM
Ha I don't believe it for a second. Even if it is true I think it's more stupid than admirable. The strike isn't a personal issue and neither owners or players should take it that way.

WinningUgly!
07-28-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Ha I don't believe it for a second. Even if it is true I think it's more stupid than admirable. The strike isn't a personal issue and neither owners or players should take it that way.

Yeah, like the Diamonbacks vote had nothing to do with the fact that they have a great shot at being repeat World Series champions. They can put whatever spin they want on it & call it whatever the hell they want to. If they were 10 games back & watching Colangelo trading away payroll, how loyal would they be?

LongDistanceFan
07-28-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Yeah, like the Diamonbacks vote had nothing to do with the fact that they have a great shot at being repeat World Series champions. They can put whatever spin they want on it & call it whatever the hell they want to. If they were 10 games back & watching Colangelo trading away payroll, how loyal would they be?

that is a point to take into consideration.

baggio202
07-28-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

i think they would remain loyal to jerry...because colangelo was always honest with them and he spent every dime he had to make them world series champs...10 players on that team deferred salary before they won a world seris so colanagelo could get them the help they needed and he did and they did win a world series....whether you look at colangelo as a porr businessman or not he obviously with his desire to win has won over the hearts of his players....i wish reinsdorf was more like colangelo

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-28-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Julie Swieca reported this morning on The Score that, according to the Sun-Times, the Diamondbacks voted not to set a strike date out of respocet for Jerry Colangelo. Can anyone imagine our players doing anything out of respect for Jerry Reinsdorf? :?:

I can imagine them burning him in effigy, but nothing that respectful.