PDA

View Full Version : Royals Change Rotation

Lip Man 1
09-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Don't know if this was posted but "the Great" Mendoza has a sore throat.

"Cy" Chen pitches Wednesday, "Catfish" Guthrie and his scoreless string of innings vs. the Sox now pitches Thursday.

Lip

Moses_Scurry
09-18-2012, 11:25 PM
All three of them piss me off, so it doesn't really matter which two go to me.

tstrike2000
09-18-2012, 11:46 PM
With Mendoza line being out with strep, facing Guthrie Thursday isn't great news, but we have to beat him at some point. Tomorrow is first, Chen has the fifth highest ERA in baseball this year. Let's pound that guy.

billyvsox
09-19-2012, 12:07 AM
Royals just looking for a Cy Chen vs. Cy Sale matchup.

Chez
09-19-2012, 08:58 AM
We knocked around Chen pretty hard last time out at the Cell. Guthrie? I guess we've got the law of averages in our corner.

doublem23
09-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Guthrie's actually having a nice little season for Kansas City. I understand that finding information like this in today's modern world can be super ****ing difficult, but aside from the Sox, he's also pitched good to excellent games against Oakland, Detroit, Texas, and Los Angeles - all play-off contenders.

His current ERA (3.13) and WHIP (1.069) since joining the Royals and moving to the AL would rank 6th and 4th among all pitchers in the league respectively if he had enough IP to qualify.

It's kind of funny so many people cannot seem to wrap their heads around the concept that a 33-year-old pitcher could play so much better than normal at this stage of his career for a few weeks when one only has to look at our own team to see a 34-year-old outfield playing probably the best baseball of his career since he arrived a few weeks ago.

Bruce Chen on the other hand? I can't ****ing explain that.

SOXSINCE'70
09-19-2012, 09:06 AM
Royals just looking for a Cy Chen vs. Cy Sale matchup.

I'd prefer "Cy" Sale against "Catfish" Gutherie.Too bad starting pitchers can't pitch on consecutive days.
At least not very often.

#1swisher
09-19-2012, 11:38 AM
@Royals_Report
#Royals (https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23Royals) revamp rotation because RHP Luis Mendoza has strep throat. Means Chen starts tomorrow and Guthrie on Thursday.

hawkjt
09-19-2012, 11:50 AM
There is no doubt that this is a bad break for the Sox. Guthrie is just pitching great against everyone the last month plus. He has our number. I was pretty optimistic about this series because the Sox miss him...this stinks.

Sale must beat Chen tonite,so that Thursday does not become even tougher for Liriano vs Guthrie.

No spinning this news...it sucks.:mad:

Chez
09-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Karma payback for missing Verlander last week.

soxfan1965
09-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Don't know if this was posted but "the Great" Mendoza has a sore throat.

"Cy" Chen pitches Wednesday, "Catfish" Guthrie and his scoreless string of innings vs. the Sox now pitches Thursday.

Lip

Too funny :D:

kufram
09-19-2012, 01:09 PM
We have to beat the best and the worst along the way so I don't dwell on who the other team pitches. It is all down to how good they are on the night. Just score one more run than the Royals.

Lip Man 1
09-19-2012, 04:14 PM
The Sox scoring runs period has been an issue this season against them. 10 of the 16 games they've scored three runs or less.

Lip

johnnyg83
09-19-2012, 05:41 PM
The Guthrie thing vs. the Sox is just baffling to me. I know he's been a different pitcher since he was traded, but zero earned runs in 23.2 IPs?

Does not ****ing compute.

SBSoxFan
09-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Guthrie's actually having a nice little season for Kansas City. I understand that finding information like this in today's modern world can be super ****ing difficult, but aside from the Sox, he's also pitched good to excellent games against Oakland, Detroit, Texas, and Los Angeles - all play-off contenders.

His current ERA (3.13) and WHIP (1.069) since joining the Royals and moving to the AL would rank 6th and 4th among all pitchers in the league respectively if he had enough IP to qualify.

It's kind of funny so many people cannot seem to wrap their heads around the concept that a 33-year-old pitcher could play so much better than normal at this stage of his career for a few weeks when one only has to look at our own team to see a 34-year-old outfield playing probably the best baseball of his career since he arrived a few weeks ago.

Bruce Chen on the other hand? I can't ****ing explain that.

Chen's lifetime numbers against the Sox are 5-5 with a 3.91 ERA. That's not exactly Cy Young territory. Of course, it might surprise some posters that Cy Young has the most losses in MLB history. :smile:

Lip Man 1
09-19-2012, 11:17 PM
He also has the most wins. A record that will never be broken if they play the game for a thousand years.

Lip