PDA

View Full Version : wonder how ozzie and mark feel now

oldcomiskey
09-18-2012, 10:30 PM
both left for they felt was a contender and it didnt quite work out that way---to make matters worse the team they left are playoff bound

spawn
09-18-2012, 10:34 PM
They both feel a whole lot wealthier.

voodoochile
09-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Yep, Mark left because JR told him to take the money and honestly I don't think many people give two ****s how Ozzie feels anymore. In fact all discussion of him has been moved to the Roadhouse because it invariably turns bad.

Moses_Scurry
09-18-2012, 10:35 PM
I'd imagine Mark is pretty happy for them. Don't know about Oz.

Soxman219
09-18-2012, 10:36 PM
They both left richer and live in Miami. I think they're doing quite well actually.

Soxman219
09-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Couldn't care less about both of them right now though, no disrespect to them.

LITTLE NELL
09-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Ozzie was gone, Miami or no Miami.
I've moaned all year about the Sox not being able to work out something with Mark but he is not worth 14 million a year so the Sox put their future in Danks. Lets hope Danks is a candidate for Comeback Player of the Year in 2013.

guillensdisciple
09-18-2012, 10:40 PM
I hope Mark is doing well over there, and I am sure he is happy for us like he should be.

Ozzie, ehh, I'm sure he has bad things to say about us but somewhere in there he is happy for us too.

spawn
09-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Ozzie, ehh, I'm sure he has bad things to say about us but somewhere in there he is happy for us too.
I'm sure he's somewhere taking credit for the turnarounds of Rios, Dunn, and Peavy this season.

ChiSoxGal85
09-18-2012, 10:56 PM
I hope Mark is doing well over there, and I am sure he is happy for us like he should be.

+1
I was thinking about starting a thread yesterday like this, but just about Mark. I know resigning him might not have made much business sense, but I still would have liked to have had him pitching for us this season.

Ozzie? I suspect he's jussst a bit jealous.

central44
09-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Ozzie doesn't care about winning, he only cares about money. At least that's what he said last year before whining about his contract leading up to the biggest series of the year, and the talk about how his world series ring was meaningless.

I bet he's pretty happy with his decision. He got exactly what he wanted.

I think Buehrle wanted to be here...it's too bad he wasn't. He really would have helped a lot this year.

SephClone89
09-18-2012, 10:58 PM
I'll let my good friend Alex Rios take care of this one...(video contains language NSFW)

mt9hRCthV8E#t=00m10s

guillensdisciple
09-18-2012, 10:59 PM
I'll let my good friend Alex Rios take care of this one...(video contains language NSFW)

mt9hRCthV8E#t=00m10s

Whoever this guy is, he's a tool.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-18-2012, 10:59 PM
I understand why Mark left. I'm sure he's happy for his former teammates.

Chez
09-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Ozzie who? Seriously, thanks for 2005 etc., but it was time for Ozzie to go.

tony1972
09-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Ozzie doesn't care about winning, he only cares about money. At least that's what he said last year before whining about his contract leading up to the biggest series of the year, and the talk about how his world series ring was meaningless.

I bet he's pretty happy with his decision. He got exactly what he wanted.

I think Buehrle wanted to be here...it's too bad he wasn't. He really would have helped a lot this year.

I don't know how I feel about Ozzie. It's a love/hate relationship with him. I love the fact he bought us a World Championship in 2005. I hate the fact that his last few years came down to petty squabbles, twitter, his kids and being right over winning.

However..I don't see how any Sox fan can hate Ozzie. He'll always have a place in White Sox history.

BigHurt3515
09-18-2012, 11:22 PM
both left for they felt was a contender and it didnt quite work out that way---to make matters worse the team they left are playoff bound

who cares :scratch:

thomas35forever
09-18-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm sure Mark is very happy for his former team. As for Ozzie, I hope he realizes this team might be what could have been last year. He just had to make life difficult, so he brought it upon itself. Hope he enjoys watching us spray champagne in a couple of weeks or less.

Nellie_Fox
09-19-2012, 12:52 AM
Ozzie, ehh, I'm sure he has bad things to say about us but somewhere in there he is happy for us too.Oh, I doubt if he has anything bad to say about me. I've never even met him.

palehozenychicty
09-19-2012, 01:19 AM
I'm tired of looking back. Can we just win tomorrow?

Nellie_Fox
09-19-2012, 01:25 AM
I'm tired of looking back. Can we just win tomorrow?:thumbsup:

amsteel
09-19-2012, 01:29 AM
The piles of money they sleep on keep them warm at night.

For the people that spend money on the game it's a lot bigger deal than the people that get paid by the game.

white sox bill
09-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Yes they both are wealthier but at least in Marks case, I doubt him signing w/Miami made it possible for him to buy that new 16 guage shotgun he wanted.

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-19-2012, 08:13 AM
**** Ozzie and his Twitter account. That prick mailed it in last year while the team and the fanbase suffered for his ego.

I miss Mark and wish he was part of this season, but the guy had to think about his future and JR directed him to take the $.

DumpJerry
09-19-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm sure he's somewhere taking credit for the turnarounds of Rios, Dunn, and Peavy this season.
As he should. Beckham, too.

soltrain21
09-19-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm more concerned about how Mark Kotsay and Fukudome feel.

Bucky F. Dent
09-19-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm tired of looking back. Can we just win tomorrow?

:clap:

doublem23
09-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Yes they both are wealthier but at least in Marks case, I doubt him signing w/Miami made it possible for him to buy that new 16 guage shotgun he wanted.

FWIW, I don't think the Buehrle's actually live anywhere near Miami, since Dade County has a ban on pitbulls and they own 2.

DonnieDarko
09-19-2012, 09:06 AM
FWIW, I don't think the Buehrle's actually live anywhere near Miami, since Dade County has a ban on pitbulls and they own 2.

I bet that he keeps his pitbulls in Missouri (where his main residence is, IIRC), and just keeps something like a rented (or bought, with how much money he's made playing baseball) condo somewhere near the vicinity of Miami.

doublem23
09-19-2012, 09:13 AM
I bet that he keeps his pitbulls in Missouri (where his main residence is, IIRC), and just keeps something like a rented (or bought, with how much money he's made playing baseball) condo somewhere near the vicinity of Miami.

I'm sure there's probably some sort of arrangement like that, but I do remember after Mark signed with the Marlins that he and his wife were not considering a place in Dade Co. due to the pit bull ban.

Guy probably wants to see his dogs once or twice during the season. :cool:

SI1020
09-19-2012, 09:57 AM
An attempt to repeal the ban on pit bulls failed.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/13/2951979/pit-bulls-remain-illegal-in-miami.html

Warriorjan
09-19-2012, 10:14 AM
As the article states, Mark lives in Broward county just north of Dade.
I wish he was here this year and it wouldn't surprise me if he felt the same.
I don't see living in south Florida, frankly, as some big plus. I have friends in the area and it's not my cup of tea.

harwar
09-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Mark was just given an offer that he couldn't refuse ..

Hitmen77
09-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Buehrle took the money just like JR told him to. That's what most MLB players do. I'm guessing that he wishes the Sox would have offered him close to that amount so that he could stay here and he'd be in a pennant race now. But, I doubt he's bitter or broken up about it. He has his ring and now he's collecting on his second $56M contract.

I don't give a **** what Ozzie feels. Maybe he's too busy driving the Marlins into a ditch to care. He quit on this team last year IMO. But if asked how he feels, I'd guess that he'd just somehow make the Sox success so far this year a vindication of him.

Noneck
09-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Being down there probably makes it a lot easier for Buehrle to openly root on his cardinals.

34 Inch Stick
09-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Mark would have been a .500 pitcher with a +4 ERA on the Sox. People would have been unhappy that the Sox signed him for 4 years at 14 per if he was here today.

If the Sox want him, he will be available this off season.

DSpivack
09-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Being down there probably makes it a lot easier for Buehrle to openly root on his cardinals.

Moving from the AL to the NL makes it easier for him to root for the Cardinals? :scratch:

Noneck
09-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Moving from the AL to the NL makes it easier for him to root for the Cardinals? :scratch:

Being outside the chicago area does, being on a club where where the fans do not endear him does and yes being in a national league city does.

Nellie_Fox
09-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Being outside the chicago area does, being on a club where where the fans do not endear him does and yes being in a national league city does.
Doesn't make sense. It would be easier to root for the Cardinals as a member of the White Sox, since it's Cubs fans who hate the Cardinals, and most Sox fans would find it amusing if he upset Cubs fans. You can't openly root for a rival member of your own league.

Irishsox1
09-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Ozzie had to go. I'd take MB back right now.

Noneck
09-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Doesn't make sense. It would be easier to root for the Cardinals as a member of the White Sox, since it's Cubs fans who hate the Cardinals, and most Sox fans would find it amusing if he upset Cubs fans. You can't openly root for a rival member of your own league.

Of course you can. Seasons over, who do you think national league players are hoping for, AL teams?

doublem23
09-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Of course you can. Seasons over, who do you think national league players are hoping for, AL teams?

I think the blurring of the lines between the two leagues has really dissolved any sort of AL/NL rivalry at this point.

Biggest reason Mark's move to Miami would have enabled him to follow the Cardinals more closely is that the Marlins haven't played a meaningful baseball game since June. He's basically had no reason to pay attention to his own team 4 of every 5 games for 3 months now.

Nellie_Fox
09-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Of course you can. Seasons over, who do you think national league players are hoping for, AL teams?I thought you were talking about during the regular season. And I don't think anybody cares if you have a preference for a team in the other league once the regular season is over. I'm sure a lot of guys go back to rooting for the team they grew up with if they're in the playoffs.

doublem23
09-19-2012, 12:01 PM
I thought you were talking about during the regular season. And I don't think anybody cares if you have a preference for a team in the other league once the regular season is over. I'm sure a lot of guys go back to rooting for the team they grew up with if they're in the playoffs.

Or where your friends are. Mark was a teammate of Paul ever since he broke into the Majors, AJ for 6 seasons, and many others for at least a couple of years. I'd guess he'd be rooting for the Sox in the AL playoffs if we are able to survive the next 2 weeks.

Noneck
09-19-2012, 12:01 PM
I thought you were talking about during the regular season. And I don't think anybody cares if you have a preference for a team in the other league once the regular season is over. I'm sure a lot of guys go back to rooting for the team they grew up with if they're in the playoffs.

Not only post season, the marlins are cooked, you dont think he is rooting on the cardinals to make the playoffs?

Nellie_Fox
09-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Not only post season, the marlins are cooked, you dont think he is rooting on the cardinals to make the playoffs?Sure, and he could have done that just as easily with the White Sox. Marlins fans won't care, and Sox fans would have been amused. And with the Sox, he could openly root for the Cardinals all season. It would not be good form with an NL team that is still in the running.

DSpivack
09-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Not only post season, the marlins are cooked, you dont think he is rooting on the cardinals to make the playoffs?

Not necessarily, no. As others have said, I think it's just as likely he'd root for the White Sox.

Noneck
09-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Not necessarily, no. As others have said, I think it's just as likely he'd root for the White Sox.

The difference is, the Sox are just his former employer, the cardinals are his favorite team.

DSpivack
09-19-2012, 01:10 PM
The difference is, the Sox are just his former employer, the cardinals are his favorite team.

He spent a decade with the White Sox (and more in the organization total), while the Cardinals were just a team he rooted for growing up. He may very well have friends with the White Sox still, whether that's AJ, Paulie, a coach or staff, etc. He doesn't have as many personal connections with the Cardinals.

russ99
09-19-2012, 02:32 PM
I'd imagine Mark is pretty happy for them. Don't know about Oz.

Ozzie, being a longtime Sox icon, is probably happy for the fans and the team, just not Kenny.

I wonder if he's going to be on any Sox playoff coverage. (if we get there, which I think we will but don't wanna jinx it!)

But seriously, it's time to get over all that and focus on the winning team we have now.

Noneck
09-19-2012, 02:34 PM
He spent a decade with the White Sox (and more in the organization total), while the Cardinals were just a team he rooted for growing up. He may very well have friends with the White Sox still, whether that's AJ, Paulie, a coach or staff, etc. He doesn't have as many personal connections with the Cardinals.

Hopefully we will see a Sox - cardinals World Series this year, then we will see.

voodoochile
09-19-2012, 03:07 PM

^

voodoochile
09-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Mark's made it pretty clear in interviews he's given where his allegiances lie. He's talked repeatedly about coming home to the Sox organization in a few years. He grew up a Cardinals' fan, but he's White Sox through and through. I don't think there's any question about it.

Moses_Scurry
09-19-2012, 03:45 PM
He can root for both. What are the odds the Sox will meet the Cardinals in the World Series anyway? Neither team is a definite to make the postseason this year. If they do both make the Series, can't he be happy with either team winning?

Lip Man 1
09-19-2012, 04:12 PM
I suspect Mark is very happy for his former teammates and guys he's known for years. Mark is a class guy first and formost.

Who knows for sure what Ozzie is feeling inside.

Lip