PDA

View Full Version : Postseason ticket opportunities

TheCQExperience
09-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Has anyone heard rumbling for when postseason ticket signups will begin? I find it odd that the Sox haven't even began the process while others are already selling tickets to the Division Series. :scratch:

SephClone89
09-18-2012, 01:34 PM
I've been harassing Night Train about it, and he messaged me today saying that 7 and 14 game plan holders will be able to get in the+ presale tomorrow at noon. That's all I got--my 7 game plan is in my father's name so any informational email will be sent to him. I'll try to get him to forward it to me.

I'd imagine general sale details will be announced very soon as well..

Does anyone know what the maximum ticket per game is? If we end up playing the Yankees, I have a friend who's a Yankees fan I'd want to go with for Game Two (which would be on the Sunday, as we have a wedding to go to on Saturday, the day of Game 1)--but my father's never been to a postseason game either, so I'd like to get three tickets. The presale for 7/14 game plans might only allow as many tickets as are on the plan...I hope that's not the case.

doublem23
09-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Postseason games in the past have been capped at 4 per household, IIRC

ChiSoxFann
09-18-2012, 04:09 PM
I've been harassing Night Train about it, and he messaged me today saying that 7 and 14 game plan holders will be able to get in the+ presale tomorrow at noon. That's all I got--my 7 game plan is in my father's name so any informational email will be sent to him. I'll try to get him to forward it to me.

I've got a 7 game plan and I never got an e-mail or anything about postseason tickets or a presale. I was hoping they'd at least let us 7 gamers try for 1st round tickets.

In the 2008 playoffs I was able to buy tickets to game 3 a day beforehand so I'm sure I can get some from the general sale if a presale doesn't pan out.

gf2020
09-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Does anyone know if games one and two will be day or night games?

keloms
09-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know if games one and two will be day or night games?

Game 1 would be on Saturday and Game 2 on Tuesday so I would think that would mean night games for both.

amsteel
09-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Game 1 would be on Saturday and Game 2 on Tuesday so I would think that would mean night games for both.

Saturday and Sunday in CHI, assuming the Sox are the 3 seed.
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp

Anyone know what the playoff 'face values' are?

BigHurt3515
09-18-2012, 05:59 PM
why would we get the first 2 home games?? Wouldn't the 2 seed get the first two home games?

Or is it the first 2 games to the higher seed then the next 3 at the lower seeds place?

keloms
09-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Saturday and Sunday in CHI, assuming the Sox are the 3 seed.
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp

Anyone know what the playoff 'face values' are?

My seats are in lower box and the invoice prices were

Tie Breaker - $54
ALDS / Wild Card - $80
ALCS - $160
WS - $250

keloms
09-18-2012, 06:06 PM
why would we get the first 2 home games?? Wouldn't the 2 seed get the first two home games?

Or is it the first 2 games to the higher seed then the next 3 at the lower seeds place?

It's 2-2-1 so having the worst "best win record" means that we'd get GM's 3 & 4 of the ALDS

Edit; Apparently this year is a little different, see below.

BigHurt3515
09-18-2012, 06:09 PM
It's 2-2-1 so having the worst "best win record" means that we'd get GM's 3 & 4 of the ALDS

what do we have to do to get the games at home on Saturday and Sunday? I would love to drive up for one of the games if I could but it would have to be a weekend game

keloms
09-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Apparently this year is a little different so if I'm reading it right, we'd get GM's 1 & 2 against the Yankee's if everything stayed the same.

From wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_L...ivision_Series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_postseason#Division_Series)

With the adoption of the expanded playoff format in 2012, the five-game Division Series will begin with two home games for lower seeds, followed by up to three home games for higher seeds. This one-year change will eliminate a travel day prior to a decisive Game 5 of a Division Series and was necessary because the 2012 regular-season schedule was announced before the agreement on the new postseason was reached. For 2013, the Division Series could return to the 2-2-1 format used in previous years.

pmck003
09-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Game ThreeSaturday, October 27NL Champion at AL Champion

Game FourSunday, October 28NL Champion at AL Champion

soxfan21
09-18-2012, 06:45 PM
My seats are in lower box and the invoice prices were

Tie Breaker - $54
ALDS / Wild Card - $80
ALCS - $160
WS - $250

I have LD seats for the playoffs as well, these prices reflect STH prices, the prices for the general public will be slightly more.

keloms
09-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Just got the email from them with the official information. Non-STH onsale is Friday at noon.

As a White Sox Season Ticket Holder, you will have the opportunity to purchase Wild Card and American League Division Series ticket strips and individual game tickets prior to tickets becoming available to the general public on Friday, September 21 at 12 p.m. CT. Below are details on both presale opportunities.

WC/ALDS TICKET STRIP PRESALE
On Wednesday, September 19 all full season, split season, Pick 14, and Pick 7 ticket plan holders will have an opportunity to purchase Wild Card and American League Division Series ticket strips. There is a limit of 8 ticket strips per account. Each strip includes tickets for four games: one potential Wild Card game and three potential ALDS home games.

PLEASE NOTE: All credits from unplayed games must be applied towards 2013 season ticket plans.

Wednesday, September 19
10am - 11:59pm: Full Season Ticket Holders are eligible to begin purchasing

11am - 11:59pm: Split Season Ticket Holders are eligible to begin purchasing

12pm - 11:59pm: Pick 7 and Pick 14 plan holders are eligible to begin purchasing

To access the presale you will need to click the link below and login to your "My White Sox Account". If you do not know your account login information please contact the White Sox Sales Department at 312.674.5330.

WC/ALDS INDIVIDUAL GAME TICKET PRESALE
Prior to the general public onsale on Friday, a series of presales will take place for our most valued fans. On Thursday, September 20 members of each group will receive an email containing the passcode that they will need to enter to access the presale. There is a limit of 6 tickets per customer, per game, subject to availability. All sales are final. No exchanges or relocations.

Friday, September 21
9am - 11:59am: Full Season Ticket Holders are eligible to begin purchasing
10am - 11:59am: Split Season Ticket Holders, Pick 14, Pick 7, and Group customers are eligible to begin purchasing
11am - 11:59am: Sox Pride Club members are eligible to begin purchasing

SephClone89
09-18-2012, 09:59 PM
My dad is going to try for three seats for Game B/2 during the presale Friday.

I looove that the weekend of Columbus Day is the opening weekend of the playoffs. Saturday I'll be able to watch very little due to a wedding, but Sunday and Monday should be golden.

kittle42
09-18-2012, 10:14 PM
I still haven't gotten my e-mail and I'm a full season holder!

soxfan21
09-18-2012, 10:31 PM
I still haven't gotten my e-mail and I'm a full season holder!

I just got mine at about 6:30 tonite.

kittle42
09-18-2012, 10:37 PM
This blows. I need the damn link!

Warriorjan
09-18-2012, 10:49 PM
If the Sox get to play at home Oct. 6 and 7, I can't imagine that they will be able to play a day game on the 7th. The Chicago Marathon takes place that morning and a chunk of it goes through the ballpark area and the south side in general. I work a water stop every year by Connie's and generally our stretch doesn't open until 2pm or so. Could make the hotel situation interesting as well, as downtown hotels are filled due to the marathon.
I hope we have that problem, as that would mean we are there!

keloms
09-18-2012, 10:49 PM
The link is just to your WhiteSox.com season ticket account manager. It'll be listed under buy packages / tickets tomorrow.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?team=whitesox&l=EN&STAGE=1

SephClone89
09-18-2012, 10:55 PM
If the Sox get to play at home Oct. 6 and 7, I can't imagine that they will be able to play a day game on the 7th. The Chicago Marathon takes place that morning and a chunk of it goes through the ballpark area and the south side in general. I work a water stop every year by Connie's and generally our stretch doesn't open until 2pm or so. Could make the hotel situation interesting as well, as downtown hotels are filled due to the marathon.
I hope we have that problem, as that would mean we are there!

Hm, that's interesting. Obviously I would think the TV networks would have a say as well. Four games are played that day, and I wouldn't be surprised if TBS/MLBN wanted the Yankees as a primetime game.

kittle42
09-18-2012, 10:59 PM
The link is just to your WhiteSox.com season ticket account manager. It'll be listed under buy packages / tickets tomorrow.

Cool. I wonder how seating choices will work?

BigHurt3515
09-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Hm, that's interesting. Obviously I would think the TV networks would have a say as well. Four games are played that day, and I wouldn't be surprised if TBS/MLBN wanted the Yankees as a primetime game.

These games better not be on MLBN! I don't get that in a dorm room. I will have to go to Buffalo Wild Wings

SephClone89
09-18-2012, 11:12 PM
These games better not be on MLBN! I don't get that in a dorm room. I will have to go to Buffalo Wild Wings

One game on Sunday and one on Wednesday get picked up by MLBN. I imagine which ones will be announced once the match-ups are set.

BigHurt3515
09-18-2012, 11:20 PM
One game on Sunday and one on Wednesday get picked up by MLBN. I imagine which ones will be announced once the match-ups are set.

Tough. I really want to go up to Chicago and see a playoff game. I was hoping Sunday would be a day game but it sounds doubtful

Streets
09-19-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm going out of town the 6th-7th and 11th-15th! Oy, I may miss out on a lot.

I didn't think about the marathon going on the 7th, add in the ND v Miami game at Soldier Field on the 6th and you've got a packed city hotel and traffic wise.

Chez
09-19-2012, 08:53 AM

Keloms, thanks for the heads-up. The e-mail message had been snared by my spam filter and I would have missed the pre-sale had I not seen your post last night.

SephClone89
09-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Tough. I really want to go up to Chicago and see a playoff game. I was hoping Sunday would be a day game but it sounds doubtful

Yeah, it's looking like it may be an evening game as things stand today.

The next day is Columbus Day, but you probably don't get that off from classes. As a high school teacher, I luckily do.

Harry Potter
09-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Well, that was easy. Scored 4 strips in Section 157, not too far from my season tickets in Section 158.

Let's do this!

DeadMoney
09-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Well, that was easy. Scored 4 strips in Section 157, not too far from my season tickets in Section 158.

Let's do this!

Way to let WSI know before you sent out the e-mail (or the text that just lit up my phone) to the two other STH. :redneck

Sweet - I agree, let's do this!

WhiffleBall
09-19-2012, 12:01 PM
It took a while due to the crappy ticket system but I did find four decent lowers together a couple of rows behind the sox bullpen. It kept giving me UD tickets as far back as 20 rows then around 30 minutes later those popped up. Locations for pairs of tickets was better but nothing great. If this is like the 2008 ALDS ticket sale then there will be even better seats available on ticketmaster a few days before the game. There are a ton of unsold season tickets out there that were not included in the presale including lots of club level seats down the line. I'm guessing they are holding those back to get people to commit to season tickets for 2013. If no one commits then the Sox will release them sometime before the first game.

Chez
09-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Very easy. Got 8 strips in Section 534, Row 13.

kittle42
09-19-2012, 01:20 PM
4 strips in 163, Row 10. Yay - I knew that not taking any portion of my full season ticket plan wouldn't matter in the end - just not this way!

tebman
09-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Hoo-hah! Got strips in Section 103, Row 3. Right in Dunn's, Wise's, and Pierzynski's home-run trajectory.

I say win the next eight games, watch the striped cats lose five, add those to make 13, and then let's do this!

:wired:

hoosiersoxfan
09-19-2012, 01:59 PM
How does it work if you buy tickets for games that don't end up being played?

Like if I wanted game 5 of the ALCS and the Sox ended up sweeping and ending it in game 4, would I be refunded for the game 5 ticket?

tebman
09-19-2012, 02:02 PM
How does it work if you buy tickets for games that don't end up being played?

Like if I wanted game 5 of the ALCS and the Sox ended up sweeping and ending it in game 4, would I be refunded for the game 5 ticket?

The fine print in the Sox' playoff ticket instructions says that the money is credited to next season's tickets.

WhiffleBall
09-19-2012, 02:48 PM
What is interesting is that no matter what the Sox get to "keep" some of the money paid for these ticket strips since it includes the tie breaker. If we play in the tie breaker then we will definitely not have 3 home games and if we do have 3 home games then that means there will be no tie breaker game. Kinda clever on the part of the Sox to get us to put even more money towards next season. I don't recall them previously doing this kind of a presale offering up the same seats for a whole playoff series.

Steelrod
09-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Obviously, the tickets issued must have all possibilities covered! If you feel you are being treated unfairly, best not to purchase. All the games will be televised!

ChiSoxFann
09-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Since they're making me buy tickets to games that have no chance of being played I'll wait until the individual ticket sale tomorrow. As someone mentioned earlier, the Sox have to be holding some tix for their postseason payoff thing going on and I'm sure they'll be released shortly before the postseason.

If I can't find anything decent tomorrow I'll just keep checking Ticketmaster in the days leading up to the games.

Lorenzo Barcelo
09-20-2012, 11:50 AM
The fine print in the Sox' playoff ticket instructions says that the money is credited to next season's tickets.

How would this work for the individual sale for tomorrow if no games end up being played?

kittle42
09-20-2012, 11:59 AM
I already told my season ticket rep, but I'll mention it here. I think this was a great move by the Sox, and I hope they continue to do it for (please) further playoff rounds.

Of course, that's a bit selfish on my part - I am the name account holder on my STs, but took no portion of them because I knew it would be wasted money, being able to get almost any game I wanted far below face. But I still reap the benefits of ST holding by getting playoff tickets near ST face value.

tebman
09-20-2012, 12:47 PM

How would this work for the individual sale for tomorrow if no games end up being played?

Don't know -- the information was specific to the advance sale for ST holders. It's a good question, though. I'll almost certainly buy another 14-game plan next year so the I'd use the credit toward my 2013 tickets, but what if I chose not to? I don't see how they could keep my money in that case.

doublem23
09-20-2012, 01:11 PM

I believe in the past, for individual tickets, you can return them for a refund, but some Ticketmaster and administrative fees are not returned, so you end up getting back something like 90% of what you paid.

Sad
09-20-2012, 01:21 PM
how do we know the Sox will be a Sat/Sun?

that schedule leads me to think we could play Sat/Sun or Sat/Mon or Sun/Monday

:scratch:

doublem23
09-20-2012, 01:34 PM
how do we know the Sox will be a Sat/Sun?

that schedule leads me to think we could play Sat/Sun or Sat/Mon or Sun/Monday

:scratch:

Since the Wild Card game is on Friday, the ALDS series that starts Saturday would be between the #2 and #3 seeds. This would give the Wild Card winner a day to recover and travel to wherever they need to go (Arlington).

Barring something crazy happening over the next two weeks, it seems the Sox's most likely path to the postseason, if they qualify, would be to win the AL Central and finish with the worst record among division winners. This means, due to the goofy schedule adopted for the new play-in Wild Card game, the Sox would host Games 1 and 2 on Saturday and Sunday and then have to travel to New York or Baltimore for Games 3, 4, and 5 Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/postseasonpicture.jsp

SaltyPretzel
09-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Since the Wild Card game is on Friday, the ALDS series that starts Saturday would be between the #2 and #3 seeds. This would give the Wild Card winner a day to recover and travel to wherever they need to go (Arlington).

Barring something crazy happening over the next two weeks, it seems the Sox's most likely path to the postseason, if they qualify, would be to win the AL Central and finish with the worst record among division winners. This means, due to the goofy schedule adopted for the new play-in Wild Card game, the Sox would host Games 1 and 2 on Saturday and Sunday and then have to travel to New York or Baltimore for Games 3, 4, and 5 Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

I have a wedding Saturday afternoon, so I hope it would be a night game. I figure if the O's win, it would be an afternoon game. Night game vs. NY.

Let's win the division first.

BigHurt3515
09-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Alright guys I need help here.
I know playoff tickets go on sale tomorrow to the public. I am for sure going to go to the game if there is one on Saturday but that is the only game I can possibly make since I live 6 hours away and I go to school.
Are you guys 100% sure if we don't end up having a better record then the Yanks/O's that we will be having a game on saturday??
Also should I buy tickets tomorrow just in case or will there be tickets still for sale once we figure out what seed we would be? If they are sold out from past experiences would you guys say there would be tickets on stubhub that are at about face value (maybe a little higher)?

I have no idea what to do at this point and I am trapped. I don't want to order tickets then them having the game on a weekday when I couldn't make it.

Please give me some advice and opinions on what I should do??

Thanks in advance guys!

PS: I have never been to a Sox playoff game and I really want to go and experience.

LoveYourSuit
09-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Alright guys I need help here.
I know playoff tickets go on sale tomorrow to the public. I am for sure going to go to the game if there is one on Saturday but that is the only game I can possibly make since I live 6 hours away and I go to school.
Are you guys 100% sure if we don't end up having a better record then the Yanks/O's that we will be having a game on saturday??
Also should I buy tickets tomorrow just in case or will there be tickets still for sale once we figure out what seed we would be? If they are sold out from past experiences would you guys say there would be tickets on stubhub that are at about face value (maybe a little higher)?

I have no idea what to do at this point and I am trapped. I don't want to order tickets then them having the game on a weekday when I couldn't make it.

Please give me some advice and opinions on what I should do??

Thanks in advance guys!

PS: I have never been to a Sox playoff game and I really want to go and experience.

With the Sox being 5 games out from NYY, book the trip. It's done.

Sox would host games 1 and 2 Saturday and Sunday.

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 12:18 AM
With the Sox being 5 games out from NYY, book the trip. It's done.

Sox would host games 1 and 2 Saturday and Sunday.

So should I just buy the tickets tomorrow at 12?
Do you have any idea what the stubhub prices will be like? I know it has been since 08 but anything would be helpful at this point.

LoveYourSuit
09-21-2012, 12:21 AM
So should I just buy the tickets tomorrow at 12?
Do you have any idea what the stubhub prices will be like? I know it has been since 08 but anything would be helpful at this point.

Normally you can find tickets on StubHub for about 25/30% above face which isn't bad.

I would pay that price to avoid the scam ticketmaster is.

Demand for Sox tickets this year not too high. You'll get in.

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 12:25 AM
I think I am just going to buy 2 lower reserved tickets tomorrow. I can't see any reason why we wouldn't be having a game Oct 6th at home unless we **** this away at the end. That would be frustrating.

Anymore input would be great as well

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 02:30 AM
how quick do you guys think the lower reserved and bleacher seats will be sold out?

palehosepub
09-21-2012, 10:35 AM
I let a pair go in sec 101 early on this morning at the presale and now nothing but UD is showing up. Wish I took them, row 12. Maybe they will add more inventory as the different presales progress

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 10:54 AM
I let a pair go in sec 101 early on this morning at the presale and now nothing but UD is showing up. Wish I took them, row 12. Maybe they will add more inventory as the different presales progressi

I doubt all the lower deck tickets are already sold but if so I guess I will be paying more on stubhub. But i will check at 12 and ser whats there

ohthosechisox
09-21-2012, 11:03 AM
i

I doubt all the lower deck tickets are already sold but if so I guess I will be paying more on stubhub. But i will check at 12 and ser whats there

In 2008, a lot of lower deck tickets were released just a couple of days before the playoffs started, so I wouldn't give up today. I think there's a chance that could happen again, if they are still trying to entice people with the playoff payoff.

WhiffleBall
09-21-2012, 11:09 AM
I let a pair go in sec 101 early on this morning at the presale and now nothing but UD is showing up. Wish I took them, row 12. Maybe they will add more inventory as the different presales progress

I would rather sit in the upper deck behind home plate (which there are still plenty left) than sit in section 101. Quite a bit of left field and most scoreboards are blocked from section 101.

SephClone89
09-21-2012, 11:14 AM
My Dad apparently got three tickets in 109, row 34 for Game Two. 109 doesn't bother me--I prefer right field to left field.

Awesome.

SoxFanCPA
09-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Lower deck is basically sold out except singles. Maybe they will be releasing more soon.

stacksedwards
09-21-2012, 11:47 AM
I have ND/Miami tickets Saturday the 6th, do I roll dice for game one or play it safe with game two?

stacksedwards
09-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Also, if we make it, wouldnt we play another division winner being that we will have the worst record out of division winners?

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Also, if we make it, wouldnt we play another division winner being that we will have the worst record out of division winners?

Yanks or O's

SoxFanCPA
09-21-2012, 11:57 AM
I have ND/Miami tickets Saturday the 6th, do I roll dice for game one or play it safe with game two?

I assume there will be many more tix available for game 2 when they go on sale. However, the game may be in the afternoon if that is a concern to you.

doublem23
09-21-2012, 12:00 PM

Roll the dice. If the schedules do conflict, you're going to be able to turn the set of tickets you don't end up using for profit on StubHub; seriously, the Miami-ND game, if you're anywhere below the 400 level, tickets are going for several hundred dollars a pop.

Best case scenario: Go to both games. Worst case: Have to choose one, sell the other set for a profit. Lots of people have it worse. :cool:

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Not sure what to do here

pmck003
09-21-2012, 12:18 PM
I tried about 25 times for the first ALDS game and eventually 2 bleachers popped up.

stacksedwards
09-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Roll the dice. If the schedules do conflict, you're going to be able to turn the set of tickets you don't end up using for profit on StubHub; seriously, the Miami-ND game, if you're anywhere below the 400 level, tickets are going for several hundred dollars a pop.

Best case scenario: Go to both games. Worst case: Have to choose one, sell the other set for a profit. Lots of people have it worse. :cool:
I know. I think this is what you would call a good problem. Ended up going with game 2. I would think we will be playing in the Sunday/Monday series for games one/two. I hope that is the case. We are in 200 level of ND. I am worried about Bears game Sunday

SephClone89
09-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I know. I think this is what you would call a good problem. Ended up going with game 2. I would think we will be playing in the Sunday/Monday series for games one/two. I hope that is the case.

Read Doub's post on the previous page, dude.

doublem23
09-21-2012, 12:24 PM
I know. I think this is what you would call a good problem. Ended up going with game 2. I would think we will be playing in the Sunday/Monday series for games one/two. I hope that is the case.

The Sunday/Monday series is between the #1 seed and the wild card winner. There's almost no chance we end up there.

You shouldn't have a problem with Game 2 and the Irish game; ND/Miami is Saturday, October 6. If the Sox wind up making the postseason as the #3 seed (which is where they would be now, if the season ended today), Game 2 of the ALDS would be on Sunday, the 7th. Just depends on what time the game would be played at, since all 4 LDS series have a game on the 7th.

russ99
09-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Got singles through Pride Club membership in the lower deck for ALDS game one and two - no doubles available anymore, except for row 8+ in the upper deck. I hope it's Saturday/Sunday and we get good weather, and a few White Sox Winners. :smile:

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Got singles through Pride Club membership in the lower deck for ALDS game one and two - no doubles available anymore, except for row 8+ in the upper deck. I hope it's Saturday/Sunday and we get good weather, and a few White Sox Winners. :smile:

I really hope more will become available! I can't get on until 12 to see what they have.

09-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Why would the White Sox host Game 1 and 2 if the Yankees have home-field advantage?

stacksedwards
09-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Read Doub's post on the previous page, dude.
Whoops. Did not read that. Please dont ever call me dude again.

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Why would the White Sox host Game 1 and 2 if the Yankees have home-field advantage?

Yankees would get 3-4-5, saves the extra trip for teams and leads to less days off.

They changed it this year

09-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Yankees would get 3-4-5, saves the extra trip for teams and leads to less days off.

They changed it this year

:angry::angry: Well ***! I just bought 2 tickets for Home Game 2 thinking it would be later in the week.

doublem23
09-21-2012, 12:33 PM

They're doing the 2-3 schedule this year only, since they had to eliminate a travel day between Games 4 and 5 from the usual 2-2-1 format, to accomodate the Wild Card play-in games which were announced after the 2012 schedule was released.

Next season, I believe, they will go back to the old format for the LDS series.

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 12:36 PM
:angry::angry: Well ***! I just bought 2 tickets for Home Game 2 thinking it would be later in the week.

Currently if I have read everything correct we would be playing game 2 at home on Sunday. The only way this would change is if we passed the Yankees or O's record wise. Correct?

The bottom teams get game 1 and 2 at home

doublem23
09-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Currently if I have read everything correct we would be playing game 2 at home on Sunday. The only way this would change is if we passed the Yankees or O's record wise. Correct?

OR if we lost the division lead to Detroit but somehow snuck into one of the top 2 wild card spots and won the Wild Card play-in Game, we would host Game 2 of the ALDS on Monday, October 8.

09-21-2012, 12:38 PM

The bottom teams get game 1 and 2 at home

Hmm this might work still. I should have read this thread before jumping on the presale and buying tickets.

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 12:39 PM
OR if we lost the division lead to Detroit but somehow snuck into one of the top 2 wild card spots and won the Wild Card play-in Game, we would host Game 2 of the ALDS on Monday, October 8.

That is pretty unlikely. I doubt we catch them but if we get on a hot streak it is possible.

doublem23
09-21-2012, 12:44 PM
That is pretty unlikely. I doubt we catch them but if we get on a hot streak it is possible.

Eh, the Sox are currently 5 GB the Yankees for #2 in the AL and 4 GB Oakland for the 2nd Wild Card spot so they're both essentially as unlikely/likely as the other to occur.

SoxFanCPA
09-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Has anyone wasted time buying WC or Game 3 tickets? I got game 1 tickets and never bothered even checking for those 2, could have really good seats available.

Marqhead
09-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Got 2 for game 1 and 2.

Now they just need to make the playoffs!

CHISOXFAN13
09-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Got four for game one and game two was sold out when I tried. I'm content.

Let's get this done now!

Cat Thief
09-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Try again I just got two for Game 2. ****ty seats but hey....

ohthosechisox
09-21-2012, 01:12 PM
I got 3 for Game 1.

Now I need to decide what game I'm going to use those complementary tickets on this week...

dwitt76
09-21-2012, 01:13 PM
got 2 for game 2. MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoveYourSuit
09-21-2012, 01:15 PM
All that came up for me was the UD corners 3/4 up the section (row 18-21).

Pass.

I'll take my HD TV over watching from there.

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 01:15 PM
I am getting all upper deck tickets. so looks like I have to wait

hoosiersoxfan
09-21-2012, 01:17 PM
I am getting all upper deck tickets. so looks like I have to wait

Same with me. I'm hoping some of the prices on StubHub come down closer to face value in the next two weeks.

CHISOXFAN13
09-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Try again I just got two for Game 2. ****ty seats but hey....

Great call. Ended up with two in 558, row 6 for Sunday as well.

I don't really care where I sit as long as I'm in the ballpark.

Sad
09-21-2012, 01:19 PM
decided on game 2-

let 2 go in 510 initially
then nothing for a couple minutes & I was nervous

then 2 came up in Sec 542 Row 11:bandance:

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 01:20 PM
what are the chances that more become avaiable at a later date?
And how will we know

CHISOXFAN13
09-21-2012, 01:24 PM
what are the chances that more become avaiable at a later date?
And how will we know

Keep checking constantly.

Depending on how many you need, I snagged a single in the front row near the camera well for game four of the ALDS in 2008 10 minutes before first pitch.

SoxFanCPA
09-21-2012, 01:28 PM
I know for a fact more will be made available. They have a bunch on hold for people who buy season tickets.

Warriorjan
09-21-2012, 01:31 PM
In the past there usually have been more made available, not only are some held out for season ticket holders but some are held out for MLB, other teams, sponsors, etc.
I got two for game 1 and 4 for game two, 550 and 548 respectively, in case I don't have tix from my season ticket group. Don't care where I sit if we make the playoffs.

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Keep checking constantly.

Depending on how many you need, I snagged a single in the front row near the camera well for game four of the ALDS in 2008 10 minutes before first pitch.

Thanks. I only need 2. I guess I will be checking everyday lol.

SoxThunder
09-21-2012, 03:01 PM
The Sox had an ALDS/WC presale this morning at 10 am for group/suite customers. I got 2 tix to home games 1, 2 & 3 and the WC all in the Upper Box, Row 11. A Sox rep told me if any of the games are unplayed, I would get a full refund from TicketMaster, including any fees.

Sad
09-21-2012, 03:52 PM
The Sox had an ALDS/WC presale this morning at 10 am for group/suite customers. I got 2 tix to home games 1, 2 & 3 and the WC all in the Upper Box, Row 11. A Sox rep told me if any of the games are unplayed, I would get a full refund from TicketMaster, including any fees.

they sold home game 3 to people as well?
that's shooting for the moon :?:

amsteel
09-21-2012, 04:02 PM
they sold home game 3 to people as well?
that's shooting for the moon :?:

If people are willing to give you a short term zero interest loan, you take it.

FielderJones
09-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Got 3 for game 1, sec 542 in case I can't get any from my ST group.

pmck003
09-21-2012, 06:20 PM
I noticed that if you go directly to the ticketmaster site instead of through whitesox.com, it will let you buy tickets still. There are a handful of seats together/piggyback for ALDS games 1-2.

ws05champs
09-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Same with me. I'm hoping some of the prices on StubHub come down closer to face value in the next two weeks.
After getting nothing for game 1 I decided to check Stub Hub and the prices were actually not too bad. I got 2 seats in section 531, row 7 for $98 each.

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 06:31 PM
After getting nothing for game 1 I decided to check Stub Hub and the prices were actually not too bad. I got 2 seats in section 531, row 7 for $98 each.

I hope they will be going down a bit

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 06:37 PM
I noticed that if you go directly to the ticketmaster site instead of through whitesox.com, it will let you buy tickets still. There are a handful of seats together/piggyback for ALDS games 1-2.

It says there are none left.

Warriorjan
09-21-2012, 07:02 PM
In my opinion, presale codes should have first gone to those of us who sat through that god-awful 18 run Minnesota game. Should have handed them out to anyone still there after the 7th inning or something.
Just sayin...

CHISOXFAN13
09-21-2012, 07:23 PM
I hope they will be going down a bit

Don't count on it. Especially if the Yankees win the east.

SoxFanCPA
09-21-2012, 07:39 PM
In my opinion, presale codes should have first gone to those of us who sat through that god-awful 18 run Minnesota game. Should have handed them out to anyone still there after the 7th inning or something.
Just sayin...

Codes were available online. There is a Yelp thread with discount codes for the regular season and unbelievably there were codes in there for the season ticket holder presale. Ridiculous that people would give those out.

pmck003
09-21-2012, 08:52 PM
It says there are none left.

I'm still seeing some piggybacks in the corners

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Chicago-White-Sox-tickets/artist/805917m

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm still seeing some piggybacks in the corners

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Chicago-White-Sox-tickets/artist/805917m

I see it now. But I need 2 tickets so it looks like I will have to wait. If anyone knows anything that opens up or know of anyone that is selling theirs or something please PM me!

LoveYourSuit
09-21-2012, 10:48 PM

Those are actually real good seats.

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Those are actually real good seats.

So upper deck behind home are good seats??

Sad
09-21-2012, 11:01 PM

really anywhere between 520-544 are decent
especially if you're in the lower 1/2 or so

I'd sit up there any day over outfield or way down the lines...

BigHurt3515
09-21-2012, 11:06 PM
really anywhere between 520-544 are decent
especially if you're in the lower 1/2 or so

I'd sit up there any day over outfield or way down the lines...

Thank you, I will keep that in mind when I am buying tickets on stubhub! I havent been up there

LoveYourSuit
09-22-2012, 01:39 AM

First 5-8 rows between the dugouts in the UD are awesome seats.

Give me those seats over anything in the LD beyond the foul ball security guys past the tarp.

09-22-2012, 09:54 AM
If the White Sox miss the postseason, what happens to the tickets I bought? Refund or credit toward next season?

keloms
09-22-2012, 04:42 PM
If the White Sox miss the postseason, what happens to the tickets I bought? Refund or credit toward next season?

If you bought them yesterday, you get an automatic refund from Ticketmaster minus the order processing fee about 10 days after it's confirmed it wont be played.

SephClone89
09-22-2012, 05:09 PM
My father picked the "TicketFast" printing option for our tickets.

Postseason tickets. And we're going to have print-outs.

BigHurt3515
09-24-2012, 03:03 PM
I still haven't seen anymore lower deck tickets become avaiable yet. Anyone hear anything about if there will be more?

DVsoxfan
09-24-2012, 03:09 PM
I got club level section 348 row 2 for $150 each for game one on stubhub...not too bad

mrfourni
09-24-2012, 03:16 PM

Yes, I would say the first 10 rows of the UD between the bases are pretty good. Especially in the playoffs when you're really only there to watch the game and don't really care about walking around the lower deck.

BigHurt3515
09-24-2012, 11:27 PM
What 3 sections do you guys think are the best in the upper deck? Trying to decide what I should do

SephClone89
09-24-2012, 11:28 PM
What 3 sections do you guys think are the best in the upper deck? Trying to decide what I should do

The ones around the plate.

Stop asking us questions and buy your tickets!

BigHurt3515
09-24-2012, 11:31 PM
The ones around the plate.

Stop asking us questions and buy your tickets!

I am a college student driving 6 hours. I need to pick the right ones lol. But trust me if they make the playoffs I will be at game 1 so be patient with my ticket purchasing decisions!

536, Row 10? Be honest man

Mr. Jinx
09-25-2012, 12:03 AM
I am a college student driving 6 hours. I need to pick the right ones lol. But trust me if they make the playoffs I will be at game 1 so be patient with my ticket purchasing decisions!

536, Row 10? Be honest man

The Sox have this great graphic of a seating chart on their website. I would suggest consulting that.

doublem23
09-25-2012, 12:06 AM
The Sox have this great graphic of a seating chart on their website. I would suggest consulting that.

Yeah, plus it's the playoffs, just buy the tickets and enjoy the atmosphere of the park. If you're that worried about sight lines and vantage points, just watch it on an HDTV

soxfanreggie
09-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Yeah, plus it's the playoffs, just buy the tickets and enjoy the atmosphere of the park. If you're that worried about sight lines and vantage points, just watch it on an HDTV

No matter where you are in the park, it will be a great atmosphere.

I'm looking forward to heading to a game, but right now I'm focused on us just getting there.