PDA

View Full Version : Another nice article about our hero, Robin.

DumpJerry
09-14-2012, 10:36 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/chicago-white-sox-robin-ventura-quiet-style-contrasts-ozzie-guillen-detroit-tigers-jim-leyland-kevin-youkilis-091412

Someone in the Sox' PR Department is campaigning for Robin to be MoY. Second positive article this week in the national media.

CoopaLoop
09-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately Robin is campaigning not to win that award this week.

soltrain21
09-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Showalter should win anyway.

Nellie_Fox
09-15-2012, 12:39 AM
Bob Melvin?

Foulke You
09-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Unfortunately Robin is campaigning not to win that award this week.

He has had a bad week. No doubt about that but the overall body of work has been very solid. I feel he will continue to get better as he goes along. Just keep Youk from bunting.:cool:

TomBradley72
09-15-2012, 08:23 AM
He has had a bad week. No doubt about that but the overall body of work has been very solid. I feel he will continue to get better as he goes along. Just keep Youk from bunting.:cool:

And picking Septimo over Veal in late inning/game situations.

tsoxman
09-15-2012, 12:11 PM
And picking Septimo over Veal in late inning/game situations.
The key is for Robin to learn from his mistakes...somehting Ozzie never did. That said, I do detact a bit of stubborness of Ventura's part. I hope I am wrong.

TomBradley72
09-15-2012, 12:44 PM
The key is for Robin to learn from his mistakes...somehting Ozzie never did. That said, I do detact a bit of stubborness of Ventura's part. I hope I am wrong.

I think he'll adapt- I think he was "overthinking" this week with Septimo and Youk- but they WERE his two biggest in game tactical mistakes (every manager makes them).

I'll still give him an overall A- for the season from spring training to now (1 game up in 1st)- flawed roster, 3/5's of opening day rotation (Danks, Floyd, Humber) has been hurt and or sucked, etc.-I think he's directly responsible for the improved defense/fundamentals, and the overall production of a pretty big group of rookies/young guys-

thomas35forever
09-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Showalter should win anyway.
He probably will. Look at the turnaround Baltimore's had. I don't think anyone thought the win against Boston to end the year was a sign of things to come.

voodoochile
09-15-2012, 01:59 PM
I think he'll adapt- I think he was "overthinking" this week with Septimo and Youk- but they WERE his two biggest in game tactical mistakes (every manager makes them).

I'll still give him an overall A- for the season from spring training to now (1 game up in 1st)- flawed roster, 3/5's of opening day rotation (Danks, Floyd, Humber) has been hurt and or sucked, etc.-I think he's directly responsible for the improved defense/fundamentals, and the overall production of a pretty big group of rookies/young guys-

Agreed and just because a rookie manager in his first coaching job at any level isn't Earl Weaver at the end of their first year doesn't mean they are a bad manager. Robin has done a good job of keeping this team moving forward and not allowed them to fall into the trap of a prolonged losing streak. His tactical decisions will in theory improve over time. His temperament is already excellent.