PDA

View Full Version : 9/13 SOX vs Detroit

#1swisher
09-13-2012, 10:31 AM
7:10 PM CSN & USCF

Preview (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2012_09_13_detmlb_chamlb_1&mode=preview&c_id=cws)

Game Notes (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/mlb/presspass/gamenotes.jsp?c_id=mlb)

DeAza LF, Youkilis 3B, Wise CF, Konerko 1B, Rios RF, Pierzynski C Viciedo DH Ramirez SS Beckham 2B

Chris Sale v Verlander

Bucky F. Dent
09-13-2012, 10:52 AM
The most important game of the year: "and a Youk shall lead them!" :D:

russ99
09-13-2012, 10:55 AM
C'mon guys, give us a win.

After the last few nights, I'll probably DVR this one and watch the Bears. Need a break from getting irritated by the Sox.

ChiSoxFann
09-13-2012, 10:59 AM
After sleeping on it I've decided to use my tickets for tonights game. Someone in the post game thread said we don't get meaningful Sept. games often and that's why I've decided to head out there instead of watching the Bears.

A win would put us in good shape. A loss and I would be tipping my cap to the Tigers. If the Sox lose 9 of their last 10 vs. Det, including 3/4 in our park then we really don't deserve a division title. Sale has been great at home all season and I'm hoping he can match Verlander pitch for pitch.

white sox bill
09-13-2012, 11:04 AM
This could define what little is left of the season. Heres to hoping we can send that little b**** Verlander back to Detoilet with a loss. And take your showboat reliever with you

doublem23
09-13-2012, 11:05 AM
for the love of god, please just win this god damn game

amsteel
09-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Beating him doesn't seem like an option so here's to hoping Verlander pulls a muscle trying to open a child-proof bottle of Bayer

LoveYourSuit
09-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Only way the Sox win this one is if someone runs into one very early and hits a 3 run shot.

You beat Verlander early, it's the only way.

Chez
09-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Biggest game of the day. Then tomorrow's becomes the biggest game of the day etc.

soltrain21
09-13-2012, 11:14 AM
"We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day"

kittle42
09-13-2012, 11:33 AM
"We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day"

[Cousin Eddie cheers]

hawkjt
09-13-2012, 11:35 AM
This is the biggest game of the year,just like all the games this week.
But, there are 19 left after tonite....more than enough to recover or fold completely. 19 games is an eternity. 19 games ago the Phillies and Brewers were booking tee times...now they are only 3 out of the postseason.

JasonFrasor54
09-13-2012, 11:50 AM
I can feel the headaches already. After feeling so good after game one, the last two nights have been awful. Please win tonight.

guillensdisciple
09-13-2012, 11:53 AM
I can feel the headaches already. After feeling so good after game one, the last two nights have been awful. Please win tonight.

It is for this reason that I will be watching the other game tonight. I can't watch those ****heads from Detroit have another one.

kittle42
09-13-2012, 11:57 AM
This is the biggest game of the year,just like all the games this week.
But, there are 19 left after tonite....more than enough to recover or fold completely. 19 games is an eternity. 19 games ago the Phillies and Brewers were booking tee times...now they are only 3 out of the postseason.

A lot can change in 19 games.

I am NOT saying this will happen - but the thought passed through my head that the Sox could finish under .500....

Lip Man 1
09-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Unless they implode on the order of a biblical meltdown they won't, they only need six wins for 82. However I'll grant you that being 16 over on August 26 and finishing two over on October 3 wouldn't be pretty in the least.

But the Sox have been having bad second half's since 2003 so it would fit the pattern.

Verlander by the way is 12-1 against the Sox in his last 13 decisions.

The way they are playing and they way they are looking it's going to be a tall order tonight.

Lip

JB98
09-13-2012, 12:02 PM
The Sox are 5-11 since I paid my playoff ticket invoice. I've done my best to stay positive through all the losing the last two weeks, but even I am starting to reach my breaking point. The Sox don't *have* to win tonight's game in order to win the division, but it's getting harder and harder for me to stick up for them when they keep gagging against a Detroit team that frankly is not *that* good.

It would be nice if we could get some production out of Konerko. He has no RBIs in the series and only one run scored. Detroit's best players have been better than the Sox best players in this series, and that's one reason the Tigers have won two of the first three.

amsteel
09-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Tonight could be the third time this year the Sox have directly handed the Tigers a share of the ALC lead. What a joke.

doublem23
09-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Tonight could be the third time this year the Sox have directly handed the Tigers a share of the ALC lead. What a joke.

In their defense, every time they do, the Tigers immediately tank. Maybe we're better off in the long run if Detroit wins tonight?

/this is all I've got

thomas35forever
09-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I'll be working tonight. Whether I pay more attention to this or the Bears remains to be seen, but regardless, give 'em hell, boys. Here's to Chris throwing a CG shutout.

Dan H
09-13-2012, 12:42 PM
In their defense, every time they do, the Tigers immediately tank. Maybe we're better off in the long run if Detroit wins tonight?

/this is all I've got

I am not one who thinks that any one game is a must in a baseball season. This is the exception. We can't hope or expect that the Tigers hit the skids again. The Sox need this one big time. The Sox cannot loe three out of four to the Tigers at home and expect to win the division. Just won't happen.

Lip Man 1
09-13-2012, 12:45 PM
JB:

And they do have some pretty good players to boot, Cabrera, Fielder, Verlander, Scherzer head up the list. It'll be interesting what they do with Victor Martinez when he returns next year, I assume he'll DH.

Jesus, they could have one of the best middle of the order's in baseball, three guys who could all hit over .290, with 100 RBI's and a boatload of home runs.

It's like the early Sox teams of the new century with some actual top of the line starting pitching.

Lip

WhiteSox5187
09-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Just win. Please.

kobo
09-13-2012, 01:30 PM
If this game is rained out, which is a possibility given the forecast, when will the makeup game be played?

jdm2662
09-13-2012, 01:34 PM
If this game is rained out, which is a possibility given the forecast, when will the makeup game be played?

I have a feeling if they have to wait until 10 to start the game, they will. It will be a nightmare of scheduling if they don't (see 2008).

#1swisher
09-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Hourly Weather

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Chicago+IL+60616:4:US?pagenum=2&nextbeginIndex=6

doublem23
09-13-2012, 01:36 PM
I am not one who thinks that any one game is a must in a baseball season. This is the exception. We can't hope or expect that the Tigers hit the skids again. The Sox need this one big time. The Sox cannot loe three out of four to the Tigers at home and expect to win the division. Just won't happen.

Actually it could very easily happen. This Tigers team is completely capable of tanking the last 3 weeks of the season. They're really not very good, which makes our inability to beat them SO. ****ING. FRUSTRATING.

:gah: :gah: :gah:

This is really only must-win for my crumbling mental stability, but if the Sox lose tonight then it's essentially a 50/50 coinflip for the division. Maybe a slight edge to Detroit based on strength of schedule for each team down the stretch, but these buttholes lost 2 of 3 at home to the ****ing Indians last weekend so you can throw everything out the window.

TomBradley72
09-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Not many seasons during my 40 years as a fan when we've been in 1st place on 9/13- this is a weakened team without Dunn and with a beat up Youklis- but anything can happen in the final 2-3 weeks of the season.

slavko
09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Seen the radar. Looks playable. Seen the odds. We're a home underdog. Does that only work in football? There's always hope. DVR the Bears folks, what kind of Sox fans are we?

cards press box
09-13-2012, 01:49 PM
A lot can change in 19 games.

I am NOT saying this will happen - but the thought passed through my head that the Sox could finish under .500....

Not going to happen. As of today -- even with everything that has gone wrong -- Baseball Prospectus gives the Sox a 51% chance of winning the AL Central.

Tell you what, if Sale and the Sox beat the Tigers tonight, I say that the Sox will win the division. If the Tigers win tonight, I still think the Sox are roughly a 50-50 proposition to win the Central.

Foulke You
09-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Not many seasons during my 40 years as a fan when we've been in 1st place on 9/13- this is a weakened team without Dunn and with a beat up Youklis- but anything can happen in the final 2-3 weeks of the season.
This stretch of Adam Dunn missing games has really made me appreciate just how important he is to the lineup. We just aren't a first place offense without him. It's not just the power production. He is a big presence in that lineup, works the walks, and sees a ton of pitches per AB. He is also the type of hitter who changes the way pitchers approach the guys in front of him. No matter how hot Wise gets, he can't replace Dunn in that 3 hole.

tstrike2000
09-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Not going to happen. As of today -- even with everything that has gone wrong -- Baseball Prospectus gives the Sox a 51% chance of winning the AL Central.

Tell you what, if Sale and the Sox beat the Tigers tonight, I say that the Sox will win the division. If the Tigers win tonight, I still think the Sox are roughly a 50-50 proposition to win the Central.

Depends on how much we bunt and how much we play Olmedo, Septimo, Omogrosso, and Humber.

Soxman219
09-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Going to the game tonight, victory will be ours damn it!

guillensdisciple
09-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Seen the radar. Looks playable. Seen the odds. We're a home underdog. Does that only work in football? There's always hope. DVR the Bears folks, what kind of Sox fans are we?

Ones that have seen this story before?

October26
09-13-2012, 03:03 PM

Going to the game tonight, victory will be ours damn it!

AMEN!

:gosox:

kittle42
09-13-2012, 03:30 PM
I'd welcome a rainout tonight. Extra day of pitching rest. Can skip Liriano. Dunn an extra day of healing.

fusillirob1983
09-13-2012, 03:30 PM
This stretch of Adam Dunn missing games has really made me appreciate just how important he is to the lineup. We just aren't a first place offense without him. It's not just the power production. He is a big presence in that lineup, works the walks, and sees a ton of pitches per AB. He is also the type of hitter who changes the way pitchers approach the guys in front of him. No matter how hot Wise gets, he can't replace Dunn in that 3 hole.

Exactly, and nobody is scared of Wise. I don't get why Robin doesn't move up Rios, or if he wants to switch between lefties and righties, why not move up AJ?

I think what Rios brings to the 3-hole on his own is greater than what Wise brings as a lefty.

jdm2662
09-13-2012, 03:38 PM
I'd welcome a rainout tonight. Extra day of pitching rest. Can skip Liriano. Dunn an extra day of healing.

I'd welcome a rainout, and the Sox be up by 2 games by the end of the year. So, they don't have to play this game. But, I think they will do whatever they can to get this in. Cause, in that scenerio, they'd have to play in Chicago and then fly to DET for the tiebreaker game should it come down to that.

kittle42
09-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Exactly, and nobody is scared of Wise. I don't get why Robin doesn't move up Rios, or if he wants to switch between lefties and righties, why not move up AJ?

I think what Rios brings to the 3-hole on his own is greater than what Wise brings as a lefty.

Batting Dewayne Wise third when you have AJ and Rios (and pretty much any MLB hitter) in the lineup is not advisable.

amsteel
09-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Wise's OPS is the second highest out of regular starters in September after Dunn. Batting him third is one of the few things Ventura is doing right currently.

Lip Man 1
09-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Cards:

That doesn't give me comfort. BP has been dead wrong so many times on the Sox in the past, particularly in 2005. Over the past decade I think they nailed the Sox right only once in 2007. Usually they were off by at least four games or so.

It's nice that they still think that but the games are played on the field not on a computer in somebody's basement.

Lip

doublem23
09-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Cards:

That doesn't give me comfort. BP has been dead wrong so many times on the Sox in the past, particularly in 2005. Over the past decade I think they nailed the Sox right only once in 2007. Usually they were off by at least four games or so.

It's nice that they still think that but the games are played on the field not on a computer in somebody's basement.

Lip

Baseball Prospectus, only one of the most widely respected publications in baseball, you really zinged 'em good!

Does Gonzo still need another week to check out that AJ rumor, since the Sox debunked it about 12 hours after it was posted here.

kittle42
09-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Baseball Prospectus, only one of the most widely respected publications in baseball, you really zinged 'em good!

And, of course, with the singular focus on the Sox.

white sox bill
09-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Per the current radar, looks like a good chance of showers around game time. Maybe a rain out isn't a bad thing the way we've been playing

asindc
09-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Per the current radar, looks like a good chance of showers around game time. Maybe a rain out isn't a bad thing the way we've been playing

Nah, screw that. Let's go out and beat Verlander like he stole something, just like we used to do, for old times sake!:smile:

white sox bill
09-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Nah, screw that. Let's go out and beat Verlander like he stole something, just like we used to do, for old times sake!:smile:
Sounds good to me, lets beat him like a drum!

Foulke You
09-13-2012, 05:07 PM
"You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. By God, I do. We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts...We're going to murder those lousy bastards by the bushel."
http://www.conservapedia.com/images/thumb/2/28/George_C._Scott.jpg/200px-George_C._Scott.jpg

Hitmen77
09-13-2012, 05:15 PM
At least after tonight, our miserable season series with Detroit will be over. I can't wait to see how we blow our chances to win tonight. More too little, too late runs in the 8th and 9th? More giving runs right back after we score some? More 2 out runs given up?
:puking:

ChiSoxGal85
09-13-2012, 05:25 PM
It's starting to rain lightly out here. I have mixed feelings about getting this game in. Part of me thinks the Sox should just get it over with and move on.

SCCWS
09-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Wise is batting 3rd again??? When Dunn went out, I saw the quote from Robin that Wise would hit from the 3 spot rather than juggle everyone else around for a few days. Tonight should have been the night to finally realize this was not a few games solution. Wise is not a #3 hitter and this team needs offense.
Managers change but stubbornness does not.

kobo
09-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Wise is batting 3rd again??? When Dunn went out, I saw the quote from Robin that Wise would hit from the 3 spot rather than juggle everyone else around for a few days. Tonight should have been the night to finally realize this was not a few games solution. Wise is not a #3 hitter and this team needs offense.
Managers change but stubbornness does not.
Robin also stated he likes the L-R-L-R in the top 4 spots. Wise may not be the greatest player ever but he's at least gotten some big hits in the 3 hole. Seeing as how just about every hitter in the lineup is struggling against starting pitching right now I don't see a point in juggling the lineup just to make changes. If Robin did that and the offense still didn't produce people would be bitching about him making changes.

Everyone keeps singling out Wise but Youk, Konerko, Viciedo and Ramirez haven't done **** the last couple weeks. It would be nice if the regulars could actually step up and produce for once. I'm tired of watching those guys hack away and pop up to the infield.

russ99
09-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Robin also stated he likes the L-R-L-R in the top 4 spots. Wise may not be the greatest player ever but he's at least gotten some big hits in the 3 hole. Seeing as how just about every hitter in the lineup is struggling against starting pitching right now I don't see a point in juggling the lineup just to make changes. If Robin did that and the offense still didn't produce people would be bitching about him making changes.

Everyone keeps singling out Wise but Youk, Konerko, Viciedo and Ramirez haven't done **** the last couple weeks. It would be nice if the regulars could actually step up and produce for once. I'm tired of watching those guys hack away and pop up to the infield.

Props. I said the same thing at the park the other day. Batting Wise third is the least of our troubles.

Let's go out and beat these clowns tonight!

WhiteSox5187
09-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Any idea when this game is going to start? I live a couple blocks from the stadium and there is no rain here.

WhiteSox5187
09-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Of course, as soon as I type that it starts to rain.

DSpivack
09-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Dan Hayes of CSN said there is no word yet on estimated start time.

Johnny Mostil
09-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Dan Hayes of CSN said there is no word yet on estimated start time.

FWIW, if the radar projections at weather.com are accurate, then I doubt this game is played. The radar projections show rain until about 1:30 a.m.

Given this is the last Sox-Tigers game, I was a little surprised the game didn't start as scheduled.

If postponed, does anybody know until when? Both teams are off on the 17th, though I wouldn't be surprised to hear that won't work. Maybe until the end of the season (and then only if necessary?)?

ChiSoxGirl
09-13-2012, 08:13 PM
The game has been postponed and will be made up on Monday, September 17 at 1:10p at Comiskey Park. Thanks to this crap, I'll miss most of the game due to being in school. Bloody hell. :angry:

ChiSoxGal85
09-13-2012, 08:15 PM
FWIW, if the radar projections at weather.com are accurate, then I doubt this game is played. The radar projections show rain until about 1:30 a.m.

Given this is the last Sox-Tigers game, I was a little surprised the game didn't start as scheduled.

If postponed, does anybody know until when? Both teams are off on the 17th, though I wouldn't be surprised to hear that won't work. Maybe until the end of the season (and then only if necessary?)?
Game has been called and will be made up on Monday the 17th according to Hawk.

DSpivack
09-13-2012, 08:15 PM

Sox are in Minnesota sunday and Kansas City tuesday. Tigers are in Cleveland sunday and Detroit tuesday (vs Oakland). Monday could possibly work.

This game has been called.

1:10 Monday.

thomas35forever
09-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Whew. A reprieve.

ChiSoxGal85
09-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Anyone know what happens to the rotation now?

WhiteSoxOnly
09-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Whew. A reprieve.

That's kinda how i feel...anybody know who we most likely get to face as Verlander goes tomorrow against Injuns ?

JB98
09-13-2012, 08:23 PM
That's kinda how i feel...anybody know who we most likely get to face as Verlander goes tomorrow against Injuns ?

If the Tigers just back everybody up a day, it would be Fister's turn on Monday.

If I were Robin, I wouldn't throw Sale against the Twins. Save him for Monday.

Johnny Mostil
09-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Sox are in Minnesota sunday and Kansas City tuesday. Tigers are in Cleveland sunday and Detroit tuesday (vs Oakland). Monday could possibly work.

This game has been called.

1:10 Monday.

Huh. I had tickets for the game tonight (and stayed home when my youngest said he wasn't feeling well and I saw the weather forecast). So that means they're now good for 1:10 p.m. on Monday (a work day)?

Oh, well . . .

Huisj
09-13-2012, 08:24 PM
If the Tigers just back everybody up a day, it would be Fister's turn on Monday.

If I were the Tigers I might do the same with Verlander...except that since they are behind in the standings, they may not be in a position to do that.

DSpivack
09-13-2012, 08:26 PM
If I were the Tigers I might do the same with Verlander...except that since they are behind in the standings, they may not be in a position to do that.

Would you lose a start from your ace by doing that?

JasonFrasor54
09-13-2012, 08:26 PM
This could work in our favor. Go out to Minnesota and get some confidence, perhaps gain a game. Then face Detroit one time instead of losing three straight to Detroit. Go tribe!!! They really hurt the tiggers.

ChiSoxGirl
09-13-2012, 08:27 PM

This would be a great idea. Not only do you save your best pitcher for the Tigers, but he gets a few extra days of rest, which would be nothing but beneficial for him.

However, Rongey is speculating that Sale will start tomorrow night in place or Liriano, but official word will come from Robin in a few minutes.

JB98
09-13-2012, 08:28 PM

Also, right now they've got Verlander in line to be on regular rest for a potential tiebreaker game — if it were to come down to that. If they hold him back for three days and pitch him Monday, that would no longer be the case.

It's an interesting decision for both managers — but especially Leyland.

DSpivack
09-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Monday is Rosh Hashanah. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing Youkilis doesn't play in monday's game.

ChiSoxGirl
09-13-2012, 08:34 PM

This would be a great idea. Not only do you save your best pitcher for the Tigers, but he gets a few extra days of rest, which would be nothing but beneficial for him.

However, Rongey is speculating that Sale will start tomorrow night in place or Liriano, but official word will come from Robin in a few minutes.

Floyd vs. Fister on Monday per the Score.

JB98
09-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Floyd vs. Fister on Monday per the Score.

Meh. I'd much prefer a Sale vs. Fister matchup. If I were Robin, I'd sell out to win that Monday game.

But, I'd rather throw Floyd than Peavy or Liriano. He has a better track record against the Tigers.

Harry Potter
09-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Huh. I had tickets for the game tonight (and stayed home when my youngest said he wasn't feeling well and I saw the weather forecast). So that means they're now good for 1:10 p.m. on Monday (a work day)?

Oh, well . . .

Yep, just like the "Youkilis Treaty" that was signed earlier in this week for the 9/25 game.

ChiSoxGirl
09-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Meh. I'd much prefer a Sale vs. Fister matchup. If I were Robin, I'd sell out to win that Monday game.

But, I'd rather throw Floyd than Peavy or Liriano. He has a better track record against the Tigers.

I think I would, too, but it doesn't sound like that's going to be the case. The Twins aren't the Sox demons the way they used to be, so I don't feel like we need a pitcher of Sale's caliber out there tomorrow night. With that said, you're right - Floyd vs. Fister is a lot better than Peavy or Liriano vs. Fister.

Boondock Saint
09-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Monday is Rosh Hashanah. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing Youkilis doesn't play in monday's game.

Maybe we can get some defense at 3B.

TDog
09-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Not facing Verlander is a good thing.

I was wondering, without looking a the schedule, if the game might be postponed and stuck to the end of the season if necessary. I saw that possibility as a plus for the White Sox as an alternative to facing Verlander tonight. Moving the game to a Fister start, as strong as he was against the White Sox in his last outing notwithstanding, is a better proposition.

Domeshot17
09-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Divine Intervention tonight

DickAllen72
09-13-2012, 09:23 PM
I just hope the Tigers don't rearrange their rotation to pitch Scherzer Monday.

sox1970
09-13-2012, 09:26 PM
I just hope the Tigers don't rearrange their rotation to pitch Scherzer Monday.

It's Floyd and Fister.

SCCWS
09-13-2012, 09:56 PM
The game has been postponed and will be made up on Monday, September 17 at 1:10p at Comiskey Park. Thanks to this crap, I'll miss most of the game due to being in school. Bloody hell. :angry:

We can write you a note

DickAllen72
09-13-2012, 10:33 PM
It's Floyd and Fister.
Have both teams officially announced their starters?

Lip Man 1
09-13-2012, 10:48 PM
I don't think I've ever been so happy getting a rain out. Get the hell out of town and hopefully have better luck against the Twins.

Maybe by Monday Dunn will be back in the lineup, at least he gets on base with a walk and is a home run threat. Since the Sox seem to be doing most of their scoring that way, you have as many legit home run hitters in the lineup as you can get.

Lip

Lip Man 1
09-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Kittle:

You're right BP screws up most of their projections not just the White Sox. Then Sheehan gets all surly at his site when Sox fans hammered him by the hundreds for being wrong in 2005.

I rather enjoyed it myself.

I think there's a place in the game for stats and have stated that many times but I agree 100% with Daver and others that the game can not be totally measured by equations that you need an advanced degree in quantum physics to understand.

Daver though expressed it as only Daver can, calling it "mental masturbation..." (I still get a laugh out of that when he writes it...) :D:

Now the stat-geeks can flail away at my ignorance! LOL.

Lip

Soxman219
09-13-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm kinda angry that I won't be able to go to this game now.

voodoochile
09-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Sox now play every day until the end of the year. I didn't think that was allowed. It will be 20 straight days with a game and since today wasn't really an off day will be 26 straight days they have to report to play. Thought the CBA didn't allow for stretches longer than 18 straight days with a game.

kittle42
09-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Don't see how anyone can be too upset with this. We miss this game when the team is on a bit of a downswing and Robin is managing like ****. We get to skip Liriano. We get to miss Verlander.

It's all good!

gosox41
09-14-2012, 01:54 AM
Sox now play every day until the end of the year. I didn't think that was allowed. It will be 20 straight days with a game and since today wasn't really an off day will be 26 straight days they have to report to play. Thought the CBA didn't allow for stretches longer than 18 straight days with a game.

I think it's OK if the players vote and approve it.

Bob

WisSoxFan
09-14-2012, 08:25 AM

I'm pretty sure it's 20 days. When the Twins played in Chicago last it was the end of 20 consecutive days of games for them.

BringBackBlkJack
09-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Just posted on the White Sox facebook:

"Last night's rained out game will be made up Monday, September 17 at 1:10 pm. Game tickets and parking coupons for last night's postponed contest will be honored at Monday’s makeup game. "

hawkjt
09-14-2012, 10:34 AM
The only way to really know how this works out will be after Monday,because the way that Fister pitched,he was as good as Verlander.
Now, maybe we get him this time,and then it is a break.
Sox need to win games,period,starting tonite.

Chez
09-14-2012, 10:47 AM
The irony of re-scheduling the game on Monday afternoon is that the Sox rescheduled the 9/25 game from a night game to an afternoon game because the 7:10 start conflicted with a Jewish Holiday. The Monday afternoon start against the Tigers conflicts with another Jewish Holiday.