PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 9-5 Pennant Race Positivity Thread: Alex Rios

Frater Perdurabo
09-05-2012, 07:33 PM
I was planning to honor Alex Rios with today's thread even before his two bombs and 6 RBI.

As was posted in the Postgame thread, Rios has been a model of consistency this year, both at the plate and in the field.

Like Alexei, Rios also has elevated his game with ducks on the pond: .934 OPS with runners on base, and .961 OPS with RISP.

Rios may be our best all-around hitter, because he can do everything well: hit for average and power, steal bases, hit doubles and triples and take the extra base. He also has played magnificent defense in right field.

GlassSox
09-05-2012, 09:16 PM
In my opinion, Rios is the come back player and MVP. His bat today was outstanding. When he comes to the plate there is a comfortable feeling that he will have a good at bat.

bigdommer
09-06-2012, 07:53 AM
These past two seasons show why he frustrates and confuses GM's across this league. But I appreciate what a guy has done in his last AB, last game, last month, whatever. And right now I appreciate the consistency he has brought this team, especially with Paulie and AJ missing time in the middle of the order, and D'Aza missing time in the outfield. He has been a rock.

hawkjt
09-06-2012, 11:48 AM
It was revealing last week on the road when Alex hit a little funk...the team looked dead. He has been by far the most consistent performer on the team,and if he does not do it...we are in trouble.