PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Rios 6 Twinks 2

Noneck
09-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Peavy came through with the type of performance why the Sox invested so much in him.

Soxman219
09-05-2012, 04:51 PM
I was about to put that same title. Nice win today! Go Toons GO!

FielderJones
09-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Take a look at that scoreboard, Tigers and Detroit fans. Take a good long look at it.

cub killer
09-05-2012, 04:54 PM
What a pennant race we are involved in. A total grind with little room for error.

slavko
Thought for sure we were going to lose when our closer came in with a non-save situation. :redneck

Twins a victim of post-blowout syndrome. Nice going Alex.

voodoochile
That'll do. Nice bounce back series after that lost weekend. Go Toons, one more time.

Oh and thanks Alex...

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana: :bandance:

harwar
09-05-2012, 04:55 PM
I love it when Jake steps up .. Rios sometimes reminds me of Dye at his best ..

Bucky F. Dent
Go Indians!

johnnyg83
I love day game wins. All afternoon to soak it in and the highlights during the MLB network pregame for the evening matches.

Way to go 44 and 51.

doublem23
09-05-2012, 04:56 PM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2275/1501604782_577eba1cd9.jpg

thomas35forever
09-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Jake finally gets that long-sought 10th win. Great game by Alex too.

34 Inch Stick
09-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Peavy came through with the type of performance why the Sox invested so much in him.

I think we can expect more than 6 innings for 17 million. He got the win, which is great.

Noneck
09-05-2012, 05:01 PM
I think we can expect more than 6 innings for 17 million. He got the win, which is great.

Pen was rested, day off tomorrow, nice to keep the pen sharp.

Give him the rest while you can, so you can ride him for the rest of the season.

PaleHoser
09-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Let's Go Tribe! Let's Go Tribe!

Beating my drum.

Foulke You
09-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Alex Rios wants to play in the postseason. Mercy, what a game. Let's go Tribe. Hopefully, Ubaldo Jimenez brings it tonight.

Moses_Scurry
09-05-2012, 05:02 PM
I will go to bed tonight and wake up tomorrow with the Sox still in 1st place. :smile:

Tragg
09-05-2012, 05:05 PM
No reason to push Peavy today. WE need to pull back our starters to the extent possible while still winning games. His salary and all of that is sunk cost.

TheOldRoman
09-05-2012, 05:13 PM
I think we can expect more than 6 innings for 17 million. He got the win, which is great.I am as frustrated as anyone with Peavy failing to put away hitters and turning 0-2 counts into 8 pitch walks. I agree that ideally he should give more than 6 innings. However, anytime a pitcher gives you six innings of one-run ball, you gladly take it.

Chez
09-05-2012, 05:14 PM
I love day game wins. All afternoon to soak it in and the highlights during the MLB network pregame for the evening matches.

Even better -- a day game victory before an off day. Tonight and tomorrow are relatively stress free!

JB98
09-05-2012, 05:18 PM

Beggars can't be choosers right now. Much-needed win.

Go Tribe.

beasly213
09-05-2012, 05:18 PM
I love that Robins White Sox don’t roll over and die like Ozzie’s White Sox did. Would have been easy to lose 2 out of 3 to the Twins after getting swept in Detroit. Would have been even easier to get down after the blow out last night. No matter what the team has bounced back all year.

This is going down to the wire and I just have to hope that the Sox end up last ones standing.

Dibbs
09-05-2012, 05:21 PM
I love that Robins White Sox don’t roll over and die like Ozzie’s White Sox did. Would have been easy to lose 2 out of 3 to the Twins after getting swept in Detroit. Would have been even easier to get down after the blow out last night. No matter what the team has bounced back all year.

This is going down to the wire and I just have to hope that the Sox end up last ones standing.

Agreed. Outside of being mental midgets in Detroit, this team seems to not let anything affect them.

amsteel
09-05-2012, 05:21 PM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2275/1501604782_577eba1cd9.jpg

It must have taken you forever to photoshop all those people in.

Nice bounceback for Jake after last Friday in Detroit. Hopefully he repeats today's performance next week.

beasly213
09-05-2012, 05:26 PM
It must have taken you forever to photoshop all those people in.

Nice bounceback for Jake after last Friday in Detroit. Hopefully he repeats today's performance next week.

Uhh.. Did you see the stands today at the Sox game?

GlassSox
09-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Heading home from the game on the red line. What a great afternoon at the Cell. Rios was on a mission with his bat.

The small crowd was having fun.

Will cheer for the toons tonight.

TDog
09-05-2012, 05:40 PM

A heard a few days ago tht Robin's White Sox rolled over and died against the Tigers. I even read that the Tigers were the new Twins.

Rios may be the team's MVP this year. I hope he has a great weekend at home against the Tigers.

happydude
09-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Very encouraging performances from both Jake and Alex today; particularly Alex. He's an unknown commodity in a playoff chase. He didn't hit down the stretch during 2010 but that could be attributed to the fact he had just come over midseason and simply wasn't comfortable; last year it wasn't an issue. With Paulie's lagging power numbers it may be necessary for Alex to be the big bat over these last 20-plus games. I know Adam has excellent HR and RBI totals but its hard to have confidence in a guy batting .200.

PalehosePlanet
09-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Very encouraging performances from both Jake and Alex today; particularly Alex. He's an unknown commodity in a playoff chase. He didn't hit down the stretch during 2010 but that could be attributed to the fact he had just come over midseason and simply wasn't comfortable; last year it wasn't an issue. With Paulie's lagging power numbers it may be necessary for Alex to be the big bat over these last 20-plus games. I know Adam has excellent HR and RBI totals but its hard to have confidence in a guy batting .200.

Alex actually came over in August of 2009. He was playing great in 2010 for us, but then had a bad September that brought his over all numbers down.

I agree that he's our best hitter; he's the only player we have who has consistently hit the ball hard all year -- despite the recent slump. Let's hope Paulie, AJ, et al pick it up soon, we'll need to score more runs than we have been to make the playoffs.

kufram
09-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Peavy steadied the ship. that's enough for me today. Rios... man, remember when the guy was a bum? He is our mvp.

wassagstdu
09-05-2012, 06:15 PM
I love that Robins White Sox don’t roll over and die like Ozzie’s White Sox did.

You mean like 2005? Give it a rest.

wassagstdu
09-05-2012, 06:18 PM
I am as frustrated as anyone with Peavy failing to put away hitters and turning 0-2 counts into 8 pitch walks.

Huh? Peavy issued one walk.

JB98
09-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Huh? Peavy issued one walk.

And that was to Mauer, who fouled off a few 3-2 pitches.

Peavy has the lowest BB/9 of anybody on the Sox staff, and the best K/BB ratio of anybody on the Sox staff.

Jake's control wasn't sharp last Friday in Detroit, but that hasn't been an issue for him overall this season. It wasn't an issue today either.

happydude
09-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Alex actually came over in August of 2009. He was playing great in 2010 for us, but then had a bad September that brought his over all numbers down.

I agree that he's our best hitter; he's the only player we have who has consistently hit the ball hard all year -- despite the recent slump. Let's hope Paulie, AJ, et al pick it up soon, we'll need to score more runs than we have been to make the playoffs.

Thanks for the correction. I guess I can't give him a pass for 2010 then. Oh well, let's hope he knocks the cover off the ball this month and definitely we could use everybody and anybody to come alive until the season ends. Hopefully we have two months of ball left.

RCWHITESOX
09-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Thank goodness Peavy and Rios had it because Viciedo was terrible on defense. Poor judgement on consecutive plays in the outfield.

34rancher
09-05-2012, 06:50 PM
A heard a few days ago tht Robin's White Sox rolled over and died against the Tigers. I even read that the Tigers were the new Twins.

Rios may be the team's MVP this year. I hope he has a great weekend at home against the Tigers.

I don't see how anyone but rios is the teams MVP. He's the only guy who has been consistent in his plate approach and numbers on a day to day basis. He's been the MVP all season. I love aj and paulie, but rios has been mr day in day out guy on offense and defense.

tstrike2000
09-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Twins suck, KC sucks, Cleveand sucks, and Detroit sucks. Go Sox!

Lip Man 1
09-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Peavy came through in a big game and gave the staff a break. Very important this afternoon.

They won the series, now can they get some hits against the 71 Orioles....errr the 12 Royals?

Lip

TheOldRoman
09-05-2012, 10:19 PM
And that was to Mauer, who fouled off a few 3-2 pitches.

Peavy has the lowest BB/9 of anybody on the Sox staff, and the best K/BB ratio of anybody on the Sox staff.

Jake's control wasn't sharp last Friday in Detroit, but that hasn't been an issue for him overall this season. It wasn't an issue today either.Peavy hasn't been bad with walks. I more or less remember isolated incidents like that. However, he has had problems all year putting guys away, and lots of times he will throw 6 or 7 pitches to get a guy out when he started the AB 0-2. He wastes a lot of pitches.

palehozenychicty
09-05-2012, 10:32 PM
You mean like 2005? Give it a rest.

For real. People need to leave Ozzie alone. What's done is done.

IronFisk
09-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Oh well, kitties won too...can't expect the tribe to sweep...I'm elated they took two.

Wanted to call this tread "Blame it on Rios"...which makes me think of that actress who starred in that flick. Sweet dreams indeed.

:)

cards press box
09-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Sox really needed that win today. If the Sox take the next two series, I think they will make the post-season.

:winner

SI1020
09-06-2012, 01:10 AM
For real. People need to leave Ozzie alone. What's done is done. There is a difference this year. This is a team that regularly bounces back from adversity and that is unlike what we've been used to in recent years. I don't know how the year will end, but at least some of us notice and appreciate this very welcome change. For me there is no need to vilify or defend the previous regime, but I do appreciate that this team just does not give up.

russ99
09-06-2012, 02:21 AM
I'll take the big win, and a very nice outing by Rios today, but it's still a bit disconcerting how much we rely on the big home run, which is a part of why we lost at least that first game in Detroit.

Things tighten up in pennant race and playoff baseball and we need to consistently score runs in different ways to win, especially since our starting staff is looking thin.

October26
09-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Thank goodness Peavy and Rios had it because Viciedo was terrible on defense. Poor judgement on consecutive plays in the outfield.

He sure was. I dvrd yesterday's game and watched it last night. As you can tell from my signature, Viciedo is a favorite of mine. But I cannot deny that Viciedo has been struggling offensively and he had a bad day in the field yesterday. I hope he enjoys the day off today and comes back on Friday ready to help the Sox win.

Despite Viciedo's struggles, the Sox managed to win the series against the Twins and remain in first place. What a day for Alex Rios! And Peavy pitched well. I am really enjoying seeing the Sox in the pennant race this year. GO SOX!

hawkjt
09-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Was Jake visibly upset with Tank for those back to back ducksnorts? Or just himself?

Good win. Agree that this team needs to start hitting with RISP, base-hits,not just homers.

Rios has been the steadiest producer all year,so when he went into a funk on the road last week,it was scary. Come back,Alex....way to go.

soxfan1965
09-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Peavy steadied the ship. that's enough for me today. Rios... man, remember when the guy was a bum? He is our mvp.

There's a good article in today's Chicago Tribune by David Haugh about (Don't) Blame it on Rios. He agrees he is the Sox MVP, let alone the comeback player in the AL. He points out too that Peavy is 3rd in the AL in quality starts. And how utterly crucial the Wednesday afternoon game was and how both men stepped up big.