PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 9-4 Pennant Race Positivity Thread: Alexei Ramirez

Frater Perdurabo
09-04-2012, 07:46 PM
So the DET series was a disaster. The division race is closer than it should be. Hitters are slumping. Dark Clouds can scud elsewhere, but this is the first in what I hope will be a series of daily threads about something positive about the White Sox.

I will try to contribute a "Pennant Race Positivity Thread" each day, but I invite anyone else to preempt me with one of their own.

Today's Pennant Race Positivity Thread: Alexei Ramirez. Apart from a minor slump to start this month (due more do DET pitching than anything else), Alexei's slash line numbers generally have improved each month of the season.

April: .207 BA / .233 OBP / .264 SLG / .497 OPS
May: .245 / .263 / .318 / .581
June: .292 / .314 / .365 / .679
July: .323 / .344 / .462 / .806
August: .290 / .321 / .480 / .801

Apparently Alexei also has more RBI than any other AL SS, due in large measure to his "clutch" splits:

With runners on base, he's hitting .350 and slugging .505.
With RISP, he's hitting .360 and slugging .468.
With RISP and 2 outs, he's hitting .354 and slugging .479.

:bandance:

palehozenychicty
09-04-2012, 11:41 PM
He's very consistent, and it could be why he gets overlooked at times. I wish that he got on base more, but that's okay.

TDog
09-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Ramirez has always gotten off to a slow start. I don't know if that is in his nature or there have been factors that have prevented him from playing better early in the season. This year, his numbers improved dramatically after he resolved family issues, matters which even insiders seemed unaware of.

Ramirez has always been a very good hitter with runners in scoring position. I know some fans don't think much of that statistic, but it's something that has been consistent throughout his career. He has some power, even if he isn't hitting a lot of home runs. He is both an excellent defensive shortstop and a solid offensive shortstop, although his numbers tend not to reflect how dangerous he is becasue he always has gotten off to a slow start.

TaylorStSox
09-05-2012, 04:04 PM
He's probably the most underrated Sox player I can remember.