PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Brawl Between Rockies and Giants

RKMeibalane
09-03-2012, 05:00 PM
9EWaOF92sQ4&

The Rockies fall behind San Francisco 6-4 following back-to-back home runs by Matt Williams and Darryl Strawberry. Who should come to the plate next, but Royce Clayton, himself.

mzh
09-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Amazing to see that there was once a time and place in which Barry Bonds looked more like a baseball player than a boxer with the neck circumference of a baby rhino.

Dibbs
09-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Is "no punches thrown" the new definition of a brawl?

getonbckthr
09-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Has there been any brawls this year?

Brian26
09-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Amazing to see that there was once a time and place in which Barry Bonds looked more like a baseball player than a boxer with the neck circumference of a baby rhino.

Lots of irony here. The clip shows Matt Williams hitting a homer in a 1994 game. Williams in '94 had 43 homers with 50 games left before the strike wiped out the season. Without the strike, there's a pretty good chance that Williams would have shattered the Maris record four years before McGwire and Sosa went after it. Later, Williams was named in the Mitchell Report and was accused of buying steroids and HGH going back into the 90s.

So, yeah, Bonds looks like a normal human being here, but don't miss the forest for the trees. Matt Williams looks roided up and may have been the one to turn Bonds onto steroids.

TheVulture
09-04-2012, 06:17 AM
The Giants must have been roided up. No way that was intentional HBP.

Oops. I should have waited for the Manwarring AB before posting I guess.

SOXPHILE
09-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I think this is actually from 1995, because I remember all the teams wearing that MLB patch on their sleeves that year.

I forgot about Strawberry being on the Giants too. Watching this, I kept wondering if he was coked to the gills for this game.

chicagowhitesox1
09-09-2012, 02:17 AM
I think this is actually from 1995, because I remember all the teams wearing that MLB patch on their sleeves that year.

I forgot about Strawberry being on the Giants too. Watching this, I kept wondering if he was coked to the gills for this game.

Strawberry was playing in NewYork in 95.