PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 9-1 Too little, too late; DET 5 SOX 1 Postgame Therapy Thread

Frater Perdurabo
09-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Let's hope Chris Sale pitches a perfect game tomorrow.

What an indictment of the rest of the offense that DeWayne Wise (two hits, a walk, and two steals) was the best Sox player tonight.

Lip Man 1
09-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Sox Lose In Detroit 5-1 (so what else is new?)

I tried to come up with something sarcastic, or pithy, or clever but I can't...I just can't.

All I can think of is the line from the Pogo comic strip...

"We have met the enemy and they is us..."

Biggest road trip of the season and they are a ****ing embarrassment.

I'm going to watch House M.D. and try to forget about these *******s for the rest of the night.

Lip

amsteel
09-01-2012, 10:25 PM
The Sox would like to know where they pick up their participation ribbons

spongyfungy
09-01-2012, 10:25 PM
not time to panic but it's disconcerting how we keep laying down to Detroit.

Lip Man 1
09-01-2012, 10:26 PM
3-17 in Detroit the last 20 games.

4-9 vs. Detroit this season and they've lost nine of the last 11 (they started the year winning the first two...)

Remember the date, May 15th...when all is said and done it will loom very large.

10 more wins for a winning season.

Lip

TommyGavinFloyd
09-01-2012, 10:27 PM
An absolute joke of a performance on all fronts. I don't know why I even bothered being excited for this series. No chance in hell that I watch tomorrow's game.

Jollyroger2
09-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Nothing unexpected here...another loss to the Tigers where they barely even offer any resistance.

Dick Allen
09-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Fine, if they don't give a **** about making the playoffs, then neither do I. **** 'em.

harwar
09-01-2012, 10:29 PM
disappointing,depressing,and demoralizing ..

Lip Man 1
09-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Spongy:

This is nothing new...the Sox laid down to Minnesota for years...they just decided to keep things fresh and try someone else for a few seasons.

Lip

Soxman219
09-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Sale needs to pitch the game of his life tomorrow because the offense isn't doing anything to help right now. I hate Detroit so much.

cv sox fan
09-01-2012, 10:34 PM
someone remind them there in a play off race! they are playing like crap and ****ing embracing themselves and us fans. not only did they forget how to hit they have no energy. Man am i p.o.

amsteel
09-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Sale needs to pitch the game of his life tomorrow because the offense isn't doing anything to help right now. I hate Detroit so much.

His dropping velocity makes me think we won't be seeing the early-2012 version of Sale. Hopefully Verlander has to film a commercial last minute and can't make it to Comerica.

voodoochile
09-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Yeah, he's a bit lonesome, but he's proudly hanging on...

:supernana:
"All by myself. Don't wanna be. All by myself. All alone..."

slavko
09-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Thought we had them for sure when they put in their closer in a non-save situation, but no. Maybe that's because we put in our closer in a non-save situation.

DickAllen72
09-01-2012, 10:42 PM
I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid Sale is out of gas.

RadioheadRocks
09-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Yeah, he's a bit lonesome, but he's proudly hanging on...

:supernana:
"All by myself. Don't wanna be. All by myself. All alone..."

Rachmaninoff!

The Immigrant
09-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Extremely disappointed in our veterans.

thomas35forever
09-01-2012, 11:05 PM
I can only hope that late rally sent some sort of message. Otherwise, prepare to welcome Detroit to the top.

central44
09-01-2012, 11:21 PM
If the Sox win tomorrow, they leave Comerica for the last time this year with a 2 game lead and 4 left to play IN CHICAGO, where they're really tough.

Yeah they've looked like crap, but Sale is starting tomorrow. Any day now they're going to turn it around like they have all year long. Verlander just got shelled by KC--why can't it happen twice in a row?

Even if the Sox lose, they still leave Detroit for the last time tied for first--with 4 games left to play in Chicago.

I'm not saying we have much to be happy about this road trip. But the last trip this bad led to what, 5 wins in a row? Things are hardly as bleak as they seem.

Soxman219
09-01-2012, 11:22 PM
At least tomorrow will be the last game in Detroit this year.

Dibbs
09-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Pathetic as expected. I'm willing to give anyone 5 to 1 odds we lose tomorrow. I think we all knew it was going to be a sweep before it even started. We're not far enough removed from the Guillen era to man up yet.

Dibbs
09-01-2012, 11:29 PM
We're like Coach Klein vs Coach Red Beaulieu in "The Waterboy". It's pathetic how we lay down in games like this for years now.

tstrike2000
09-01-2012, 11:34 PM
We're terrible right now and it sucks, but not much that can be done except beat Verlander tomorrow. Although I would not bet money on it.

Soxman219
09-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Still disappointed in this team tonight. Typical 2nd half White Sox. Never have the killer instinct to win crucial series against division rivals.

chisoxfanatic
09-01-2012, 11:45 PM
People keep saying there's still plenty of baseball left...But, in reality, there isn't. We have exactly 30 games left. This is NOT the time for the divisional race to tighten up. This is the time you've got to run away with things to give yourself the chance to relax at the end and set up your rotation for October. At this rate, things won't be clear even the last couple games of the season.

Thankfully there's only one more game left at Comerica Park...It's such a tough place to play when you're not used to playing there all the time.

SCCWS
09-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Let's hope Chris Sale pitches a perfect game tomorrow.

What an indictment of the rest of the offense that DeWayne Wise (two hits, a walk, and two steals) was the best Sox player tonight.

Hey Orlando Hudson played well.

thomas35forever
09-02-2012, 12:13 AM
People keep saying there's still plenty of baseball left...But, in reality, there isn't. We have exactly 30 games left. This is NOT the time for the divisional race to tighten up. This is the time you've got to run away with things to give yourself the chance to relax at the end and set up your rotation for October. At this rate, things won't be clear even the last couple games of the season.

Thankfully there's only one more game left at Comerica Park...It's such a tough place to play when you're not used to playing there all the time.

Except we and three other teams play there more than anyone else besides the Tigers. You'd think we'd have some idea of how to play in that park.

palehosepub
09-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Pathetic as expected. I'm willing to give anyone 5 to 1 odds we lose tomorrow. I think we all knew it was going to be a sweep before it even started. We're not far enough removed from the Guillen era to man up yet.

I ll take $10 on that bet

amsteel
09-02-2012, 12:37 AM
We're not far enough removed from the Guillen era to man up yet.

Guillen causing the Sox to lose games all he way from Miami now, huh? I give him was less credit than I should considering his mind powers are that strong. He should join the X-Men.

For as much bitching as people have done about how the schedule makers are always out to screw us, they did us a huge favor by giving the Sox the last 4 games of the head-to-head in Chicago. Hopefully that's enough games to pull their pants back up after whats happened in the last 6 in Comerica.

southsideirish71
09-02-2012, 12:56 AM
“I know this, the last two days our team has been real dialed in,’’ Konerko said. “Maybe too dialed in, I don’t know. Definitely not a passive, scared approach. Very aggressive. On the attack. Just beaten. So you have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, get back out there and give ’em hell and see what happens.’’

This is them dialed in?

Nellie_Fox
09-02-2012, 12:56 AM
We're not far enough removed from the Guillen era to man up yet.Really? It's still Ozzie's fault? Why did you let Walker off the hook?

Lip Man 1
09-02-2012, 01:30 AM
Watched two hours of House M.D. and wanted to check the boards one last time before heading off to sleep.

Fanatic:

You do realize that from 2000 (when Comerica Park opened) until 2010 the Sox only had three years where they lost more games than they won there? (2003, 2004, 2009) The Sox record there during that stretch was 58-41.

Since then they are now 3-14.

What happened you ask?

Well the Sox simply needed a new "House of Horrors" since they had already embarrassed themselves in Oakland, Minnesota and Toronto from 2001 through 2011.

I'm taking bets where they'll move on to after Detroit around 2016. I'm guessing Cleveland.

Lip

Lip Man 1
09-02-2012, 01:36 AM
Konerko says: “I know this, the last two days our team has been real dialed in,’’ Konerko said. “Maybe too dialed in, I don’t know. Definitely not a passive, scared approach. Very aggressive. On the attack. Just beaten. So you have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, get back out there and give ’em hell and see what happens.’’

Can you get in there a few more cliches Paulie?

The Sox have scored 19 runs in six games on this road trip...eight of those came in one game. They've scored three runs or less in four of them. Tell your teammates to start hitting the ****ing baseball...you're the captain after all.

Lip

kittle42
09-02-2012, 01:44 AM

I'll take those odds.

Lip Man 1
09-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Kittle:

Baseball is a funny game. Gonzo tells me Verlander is 11-1 against the Sox since 2009. I can see where Dibbs is coming from. The odds are not good.

Right now the Sox are "hoping" they can do something Sunday against one of the top pitchers in baseball because of their ineptness this week (and that's the word Gonzo used in the headline tonight at the Tribune in his post game piece..."inept.")

That's not the spot you want to be in with 30 games to go and it's their own damn fault.

Lip

Nellie_Fox
09-02-2012, 01:57 AM
You know, when you can't get to a pitcher, you have to try something, anything, to get things going. Hawk repeatedly pointed out how badly Cabrera is moving at third (he looked like just walking around was painful) so why weren't they dropping bunts down the line, making him prove he could do something about it? That's clearly on the coaching; they certainly know what Hawk knows, and what was apparent on TV. They should be making those calls.

kittle42
09-02-2012, 02:03 AM
Kittle:

Baseball is a funny game. Gonzo tells me Verlander is 11-1 against the Sox since 2009. I can see where Dibbs is coming from. The odds are not good.

Right now the Sox are "hoping" they can do something Sunday against one of the top pitchers in baseball because of their ineptness this week (and that's the word Gonzo used in the headline tonight at the Tribune in his post game piece..."inept.")

That's not the spot you want to be in with 30 games to go and it's their own damn fault.

Lip

Nonetheless, anyone should take 5-to-1 odds in any MLB game ever if offered. I'd put $200 or more on that.

TomBradley72
09-02-2012, 03:02 AM
I thought I'd be relishing a great late season, weekend series with a division rival.

Instead- from the 1st inning of the 1st game- they've just crapped the bed- completely.

1-6 road trip against our closest teams in the race for either the division or a wild card slot. Lost 8 of the last 9 on the road.

Hopefully De Aza brings a spark- put Wise in LF and DH Dayan tomorrow? Might get this offense moving a little-

rpmorri
09-02-2012, 03:43 AM
Tell your teammates to start hitting the ****ing baseball...you're the captain after all.

...which has been my problem with Konerko his entire career. He is NOT the guy that's going to tell his teammates that.

For what it's worth, I'm predicting less than 5 hits tomorrow (today). Verlander was embarrassed for 7 runs against KC. That won't happen again.

guillensdisciple
09-02-2012, 05:21 AM
Hey man, it's whatever.

I got Mana playing in my head.

Listen, I'm just happy the Sox are even in the chase. No matter what, I'm happy it has gone the way it has. At some point next year we will have a game thread like this next year and it won't matter. It's just one point after another and you gotta let it go. Everyone who is negative is ****ing stupid, because there is nothing to be negative about. Even after this loss, how much bull**** have we had to go through over the years. It's baseball the most beautful game ever and that is something to marvel at.

I don't care what we do. I'll get mad, I'll say stupid things, but I'll only care that we did what we could. I love this team, I love what we have done, and I love baseball. I'm happy I saw all this ****. Come on Sox, **** these mother****ers from detroit. It's not even a city, it's not even a place, and everyoe who reads this as a guest is a desperate dumb ass anyway.

The best part is the fact that the dumb things I write even matter, That's what we look for anyway. It's great, it's awesome. I'm thankful that this team has done what is has done. Hey Sox, you guys **** it up, okay. I just hope you know you got a city behind you that wants you to succeed and be great so fight. Maybe we deserve better then just whatever we are going to be. Who knows, maybe we deserve to be champs. JUst keep on going at it.

So, **** you detroit, **** you **** you.

En el muelle de san blas.

white sox bill
09-02-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm gonna go jump off the highest skyscraper on Madeline Island.....

wassagstdu
09-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Hawk repeatedly pointed out how badly Cabrera is moving at third (he looked like just walking around was painful) so why weren't they dropping bunts down the line, making him prove he could do something about it? That's clearly on the coaching; they certainly know what Hawk knows, and what was apparent on TV. They should be making those calls.

Ozzie would have been bunting! Maybe Robin thinks it is not sportsmanlike to take advantage of your opponent's weaknesses. Or maybe he was thinking about the last bunt by Danks.

Bob Roarman
09-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Hey man, it's whatever.

I got Mana playing in my head.

Listen, I'm just happy the Sox are even in the chase. No matter what, I'm happy it has gone the way it has. At some point next year we will have a game thread like this next year and it won't matter. It's just one point after another and you gotta let it go. Everyone who is negative is ****ing stupid, because there is nothing to be negative about. Even after this loss, how much bull**** have we had to go through over the years. It's baseball the most beautful game ever and that is something to marvel at.

I don't care what we do. I'll get mad, I'll say stupid things, but I'll only care that we did what we could. I love this team, I love what we have done, and I love baseball. I'm happy I saw all this ****. Come on Sox, **** these mother****ers from detroit. It's not even a city, it's not even a place, and everyoe who reads this as a guest is a desperate dumb ass anyway.

The best part is the fact that the dumb things I write even matter, That's what we look for anyway. It's great, it's awesome. I'm thankful that this team has done what is has done. Hey Sox, you guys **** it up, okay. I just hope you know you got a city behind you that wants you to succeed and be great so fight. Maybe we deserve better then just whatever we are going to be. Who knows, maybe we deserve to be champs. JUst keep on going at it.

So, **** you detroit, **** you **** you.

En el muelle de san blas.

http://i.imgur.com/SKHzS.gif

October26
09-02-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm gonna go jump off the highest skyscraper on Madeline Island.....

:rolling:

Great idea! I live about 5 miles from The Sear(s) Tower, so I think I'll head on over there and...

cv sox fan
09-02-2012, 10:48 AM
ventura dosent have a bunt sign! there has been numerous times this year we need to move runners over only to swing away and leave runners stranded.I suppose thats Ozzie fault too. If they can't bunt get some one who can.I sick of watching them go thru the motions

voodoochile
09-02-2012, 11:55 AM
:rolling:

Great idea! I live about 5 miles from The Sear(s) Tower, so I think I'll head on over there and...

...watch bill jump... :tongue:

Noneck
09-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Scherzer has been very good in his last 4 starts. This one was a tough one to win. The previous game was a different story. Setting up your franchises highest paid player of all time and seeing him fail in the opening game of the most important series of the season so far was extremely disheartening.

palehozenychicty
09-02-2012, 12:59 PM
The Sox didn't play well. They looked like a team that can't handle the stakes. Let's see what happens today.

BigKlu59
09-02-2012, 01:48 PM
You know, when you can't get to a pitcher, you have to try something, anything, to get things going. Hawk repeatedly pointed out how badly Cabrera is moving at third (he looked like just walking around was painful) so why weren't they dropping bunts down the line, making him prove he could do something about it? That's clearly on the coaching; they certainly know what Hawk knows, and what was apparent on TV. They should be making those calls.

Wondering the same thing Nellie... Make the horse giddy up till he pops a fetlock. Can"t crush one or balloon his RBI's sitting on the pine. Maybe they need a session with R. Lee Ermey on search and destroy..

BK59

Lip Man 1
09-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Pale:

Well said. Seemingly a recurring problem with this franchise since the new century began.

Lip

voodoochile
09-02-2012, 03:14 PM
The Sox didn't play well. They looked like a team that can't handle the stakes. Let's see what happens today.

Hawk made a point last night I thought was valid. When you don't pitch well, everyone says, "meh we'll get 'em tomorrow." However, when you don't hit well you look lethargic. It doesn't mean it's true...

LITTLE NELL
09-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Hawk made a point last night I thought was valid. When you don't pitch well, everyone says, "meh we'll get 'em tomorrow." However, when you don't hit well you look lethargic. It doesn't mean it's true...

When the Sox are in a hitting slump it's like having root canal.

white sox bill
09-02-2012, 06:54 PM
...watch bill jump... :tongue:
Just did it despite the onlookers trying to talk me down...thats a long 5 feet with a sudden stop!:tongue:

October26
09-02-2012, 07:19 PM
...watch bill jump...

:lol: HA!

Just did it despite the onlookers trying to talk me down...thats a long 5 feet with a sudden stop!

Glad you're still here...Sox need all the fans they can get! :cool:

RadioheadRocks
09-02-2012, 09:42 PM

This is precisely why I've had it up to here with those folks who keep saying, "it's another day off the schedule, go get 'em tomorrow".