PDA

View Full Version : De Aza?

Tragg
08-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Any chance we get our lead-off hitter back? We could use him.

SOXSINCE'70
08-31-2012, 09:55 AM
Any chance we get our lead-off hitter back? We could use him.

I would imagine that once rosters begin to expand this weekend,he should be back,barring any unforseen injuries.

doublem23
08-31-2012, 09:59 AM
De Aza is currently in Charlotte on a rehab assignment, I haven't seen any news on his progress yet, but the 1st game he'd be eligible to return from the DL is Sunday, I believe.

Tragg
08-31-2012, 10:26 AM
De Aza is currently in Charlotte on a rehab assignment, I haven't seen any news on his progress yet, but the 1st game he'd be eligible to return from the DL is Sunday, I believe.

Awesome.
Thanks. Didn't realize he was that close.

Frater Perdurabo
08-31-2012, 10:46 AM
I think DeAza is a better player, but in all honesty, Wise has exceeded all of our expectations, both in the field and at the plate, and as of right now I have no problem with him as the fourth OF for the rest of 2012, the postseason, and 2013.

Tragg
08-31-2012, 11:44 AM
I think DeAza is a better player, but in all honesty, Wise has exceeded all of our expectations,

I agree.
His .296 OBP as a member of the Sox this season has exceeded my expectations.

sox1970
08-31-2012, 11:46 AM
I agree.

He's what I call a Graffanino...a nice player that will do some good things. But if you give him too much playing time, he'll show he's not an every day player.

Wise did some great things and helped the Sox win a few games, but I'm ready for De Aza to get back.

Frater Perdurabo
08-31-2012, 11:54 AM
I agree.

I'm not calling for him to start when DeAza returns. I'd like him to walk more. But a .275 average with 3 homers and 10 RBI, and 4/5 in SB attempts, in 17 games is more than adequate production for a backup corner infielder, and quite good for a backup CF.

kittle42
08-31-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm not calling for him to start when DeAza returns. I'd like him to walk more. But a .275 average with 3 homers and 10 RBI, and 4/5 in SB attempts, in 17 games is more than adequate production for a backup corner infielder, and quite good for a backup CF.

He's a marginal backup overperforming (which is not hard to do with his career numbers) right now. A replaceable player if there ever was one. That said, he's fine as a 25th guy...since most of them are pretty interchangeable anyway, and his "hot" streak is great - he's been more than adequate while De Aza is on the DL.

SCCWS
08-31-2012, 01:43 PM
He's a marginal backup overperforming (which is not hard to do with his career numbers) right now. A replaceable player if there ever was one. That said, he's fine as a 25th guy...since most of them are pretty interchangeable anyway, and his "hot" streak is great - he's been more than adequate while De Aza is on the DL.

He has had a good year. He put up similiar numbers in NY as he has here. He has certainly played better than Danks but it would be nice to get DeAza back.

Tragg
08-31-2012, 04:08 PM

Agree.
But if De Aza's return is delayed, we need to think about a change in lineup position for Wise.
.296 obp, a high for Wise, will kill you long term at leadoff.

kittle42
08-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Agree.
But if De Aza's return is delayed, we need to think about a change in lineup position for Wise.
.296 obp, a high for Wise, will kill you long term at leadoff.

.384 Konerko
.335 Dunn
.334 Rios
.331 AJ
.294 Alexei
.291 Viciedo
.285 Beckham

.271 Danks

Who else would you hit leadoff?