PDA

View Full Version : Axelrod Sent Back Down

Brian26
08-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Axelrod back down to Birmingham after the game. Flowers going on paternity leave.

Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales (https://twitter.com/MDGonzales) Axelrod optioned to birmingham, will rreturn Monday, sox will call up infielder

Possibly Jose Lopez being called up along with Josh Phlegley.

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan (https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan) axelrod back to minors till sept 4. IF Lopez likely up thurs. flowers paternity leave thurs.

BigHurt3515
08-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Axelrod back down to Birmingham after the game. Flowers going on paternity leave.

Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales (https://twitter.com/MDGonzales) Axelrod optioned to birmingham, will rreturn Monday, sox will call up infielder

Possibly Jose Lopez being called up along with Josh Phlegley.

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan (https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan) axelrod back to minors till sept 4. IF Lopez likely up thurs. flowers paternity leave thurs.

That is a lot to take in. Congrats to Flowers though!

sox1970
08-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Hector Gimenez came out after 1 AB in the second game of a doubleheader tonight. So maybe Flowers got the call tonight, and Gimenez is the one getting the call up.

thomas35forever
08-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Props on the little one, Tyler!:gulp:

TDog
08-30-2012, 12:08 AM
Will Axelrod actually report to Birmingham where he won't be rested enough to pitch or does he physically return to Chicago (or hang with the team) while made ineligible so that the White Sox can replace their starter with a better rested pitcher?

DSpivack
08-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Will Axelrod actually report to Birmingham where he won't be rested enough to pitch or does he physically return to Chicago (or hang with the team) while made ineligible so that the White Sox can replace their starter with a better rested pitcher?

Since they can call him back up when rosters expand saturday, I would guess the latter, but I don't really know.

kevingrt
08-30-2012, 12:30 AM
How many options does Axelrod have left at this point? It seems like he has a revolving door between the minors and Chicago.

Congrats to Flowers too!

DSpivack
08-30-2012, 12:31 AM
How many options does Axelrod have left at this point? It seems like he has a revolving door between the minors and Chicago.

Congrats to Flowers too!

The option lasts all season. How many times he travels between Charlotte and Chicago in one season is irrelevant to that option.

Noneck
08-30-2012, 12:52 AM
The option lasts all season. How many times he travels between Charlotte and Chicago in one season is irrelevant to that option.

It sure helps his frequent flyer totals though.

thomas35forever
08-30-2012, 01:52 AM
Jose Lopez gets called to duty.
http://www.csnchicago.com/baseball-chicago-whitesox/whitesox-talk/White-Sox-bringing-Lopez-up-for-Axelrod-?blockID=765153&feedID=661&awid=8696393327016951491-914

Falstaff
08-30-2012, 05:08 AM

Congrats to Flowers too!
yes it is crazy making if you ask me! Even tho Ax-Rod may intellectually understand this is just a strategic roster move, its easy to imagine how this
demotion can fray at the inner core of his limbic system, wordlessly provoking fear/anxiety and fight/flight response (at mostly unconscious level). So, I am
keeping fingers crossed that Ax is not emotionally damaged from this transaction, to the point of impacting pitch effectiveness. You never know.

cards press box
08-30-2012, 05:30 AM
yes it is crazy making if you ask me! Even tho Ax-Rod may intellectually understand this is just a strategic roster move, its easy to imagine how this
demotion can fray at the inner core of his limbic system, wordlessly provoking fear/anxiety and fight/flight response (at mostly unconscious level). So, I am
keeping fingers crossed that Ax is not emotionally damaged from this transaction, to the point of impacting pitch effectiveness. You never know.

In this article (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0830-white-sox-orioles-chicago--20120830,0,4833102.story), Axelrod sounded OK. He apparently won't miss a turn in the rotation, as he will probably start against Minnesota next Monday.

SephClone89
08-30-2012, 05:55 AM

I've been thinking for a while as to whether or not this is teal implied.

I think it is.

SoxFanCPA
08-30-2012, 07:21 AM

Wait, is this sarcasm?

Bucky F. Dent
08-30-2012, 09:36 AM
"the inner core of his limbic system"

Is that connected to the arm bone?:?:

The Immigrant
08-30-2012, 09:38 AM

I doubt he has a place to live in Chicago so he might as well hang with the team, although I don't think he's allowed to be in the dugout. There's zero sense in sending him to Birmingham, where he wouldn't pitch and also doesn't have a place of his own. He can relax and enjoy the fine attractions of Baltimore and Detroit.

doublem23
08-30-2012, 09:45 AM
I doubt he has a place to live in Chicago so he might as well hang with the team, although I don't think he's allowed to be in the dugout. There's zero sense in sending him to Birmingham, where he wouldn't pitch and also doesn't have a place of his own. He can relax and enjoy the fine attractions of Baltimore and Detroit.

Yeah, not to mention the Barons season ends Sunday, the only reason the Sox assigned him to Birmingham and not Charlotte is that the Knights are moving on in the IL play-offs so Dylan would have to be there for 10 days, I believe, whereas if he's assigned to the Barons he's eligible to return on Sept. 1.

DeadMoney
08-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Yeah, not to mention the Barons season ends Sunday, the only reason the Sox assigned him to Birmingham and not Charlotte is that the Knights are moving on in the IL play-offs so Dylan would have to be there for 10 days, I believe, whereas if he's assigned to the Barons he's eligible to return on Sept. 1.

I think I heard he's eligible to come back September 4 (because of the Barons season actually ends Monday), but I'm also not sure.

08-30-2012, 09:56 AM
He should buy a ticket and be a fan for the Detroit series.

tebman
08-30-2012, 10:03 AM

:thumbsup:

doublem23
08-30-2012, 10:04 AM
I think I heard he's eligible to come back September 4 (because of the Barons season actually ends Monday), but I'm also not sure.

He is scheduled to pitch Monday, Sept. 3 against Minnesota

DeadMoney
08-30-2012, 10:16 AM
He is scheduled to pitch Monday, Sept. 3 against Minnesota

Just going off of these two Tweets from last night...
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan
axelrod back to minors till sept 4. IF Lopez likely up thurs. flowers paternity leave thurs.

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN
Axelrod sent down to Double-A after game but will be back soon, perhaps Sept. 4. Sounds as if Jose Lopez could be up tomorrow.

doublem23
08-30-2012, 10:19 AM
That's weird, I'm going off Mark Gonzales at the Trib who says that Axelrod will be back Monday:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0830-white-sox-orioles-chicago--20120830,0,4833102.story

DeadMoney
08-30-2012, 10:31 AM
That's weird, I'm going off Mark Gonzales at the Trib who says that Axelrod will be back Monday:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0830-white-sox-orioles-chicago--20120830,0,4833102.story

Yep... Personally, I hope it's Monday or we'll be looking at starting someone else Monday night. To me though, it makes sense that it has to be 10 days or the end of a minor league season, which is a concern considering the Barons don't actually end their season until Monday night (Gonzalez mistakenly says their season ends Sunday in his article).

doublem23
08-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Yep... Personally, I hope it's Monday or we'll be looking at starting someone else Monday night. To me though, it makes sense that it has to be 10 days or the end of a minor league season, which is a concern considering the Barons don't actually end their season until Monday night (Gonzalez mistakenly says their season ends Sunday in his article).

The Barons' game on Monday is at 12:30 PM so maybe they're banking on it being over before the 6:10 PM start of Monday's Sox/Twins game?

DeadMoney
08-30-2012, 10:41 AM
The Barons' game on Monday is at 12:30 PM so maybe they're banking on it being over before the 6:10 PM start of Monday's Sox/Twins game?

Welll hopefully it's just a matter of semantics and he can come back Monday night.

Zisk77
08-30-2012, 11:59 AM

Fortunately for us, on the conscience level, Dylan suffers from a "God complex" which will overide any limbic dysfunction.:redneck

Foulke You
08-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Jose Lopez gets called to duty.
http://www.csnchicago.com/baseball-chicago-whitesox/whitesox-talk/White-Sox-bringing-Lopez-up-for-Axelrod-?blockID=765153&feedID=661&awid=8696393327016951491-914
I like this move. It will be nice to have a back up infielder on the roster who has a little bit of pop in his bat. No offense to Olmedo but he is more of a slap hitting glove man. I wonder if this greases the skids for Hudson to be released? Robin rarely ever plays him and both Lopez and Olmedo can play 3B, SS, and 2B. There really isn't a need for three back up utility infielders.

WisSoxFan
08-30-2012, 12:13 PM
This makes Lopez eligible for the playoff roster, correct? I think that's a good thing for many of the reasons Foulke mentions.

soxinem1
08-30-2012, 01:24 PM

Ax-rod? Really?

That name needs to be cut out or we'll have an ax to grind..... :smile:

Falstaff
08-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Wait, is this sarcasm?
NO teal or sarcasm implied.
Baseball is a game of inches and emotions.
My previous post just calls attention to the fact that you dont
just yank a young athlete who just turned in a remarkable starting
pitching performance... you dont just roster yank him for convenience without
regard to hidden impacts on his psyche, down to the very limbic system.
And then expect his future performance to be within an inch of what he
did so well as a "stopper" in Baltimore. White Sox need to have a more holistic approach, same crap with Jordan Danks a few weeks ago BTW. Mostly I just bite my lip and keep trap closed, but I guess it just irks me about this somewhat callus treatment of Ax-Rod's limbic distress. Maybe no big deal, but you never know.

#1swisher
09-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Chicago White Sox
Prior to tonight’s game vs. Minnesota, the #WhiteSox (https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23WhiteSox) recalled right-handed pitcher Dylan Axelrod from Class AA Birmingham.

Tragg
09-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Are we down a pitcher, or are we just giving them more rest.

Noneck
09-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Are we down a pitcher, or are we just giving them more rest.

With the expanded roster the Sox added Septimo, Health and Omogrosso. They arent shorthanded.

Tragg
09-04-2012, 06:50 PM
With the expanded roster the Sox added Septimo, Health and Omogrosso. They arent shorthanded.

I just mean that we're adding both Axe and Santiago to the rotation, so it seems we're going with 6.

Noneck
09-04-2012, 06:58 PM
I just mean that we're adding both Axe and Santiago to the rotation, so it seems we're going with 6.

Oh I see. Maybe they just using them as righty-lefty matchup depending on the team they are facing.

slavko
09-04-2012, 07:53 PM

IMO Santiago got the start because Ax couldn't be brought back until now. He's not bad, either.