PDA

View Full Version : even baseball prospectus has noticed the sloppy job kw is doing

spaz
07-27-2002, 11:43 AM
At least someone in the media is seeing the suck ass job kw is doing, and calling him out on it. If only reinny or others in the upper reachers of white sox mangement also noticed![URL=http://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/20020726daily.shtml]

soxtalker
07-27-2002, 12:19 PM
Great article! Sums up KW's failures pretty well. One thing that I always wonder when I see statements on the board like "worst GM in baseball" is whether we're seeing the big picture. Are people in other markets saying the same thing about their teams? Well, here is someone in NYC who compares KW to the other top contenders for "worst GM in baseball". Unfortunately, it looks like he's "winning".

pauliemvp
07-27-2002, 12:30 PM
I agree. Great article. It's just time for KW to go. The White Sox have gone from Organization of the Year two years ago in Baseball Weekly to the worst ranked. I'm guessing since KW's nose is so far up Reinsdorf's behind he won't go anywhere though.

guillen4life13
07-27-2002, 02:24 PM
well... now JR has two big noses in his *** that he refuses to get out... even thought they are giving the man prostate cancer.

Dadawg_77
07-27-2002, 06:10 PM
According to sources at BP, how the Ray Ray Trade happen...

How did the conversation go? You know Beane's been working on Durham for a bit, so the closing call might have gone something like this....

Billy Beane: "Morning, Kenny. How are you?"
Ken Williams: "I'm fine, Billy. You calling about Ray again?"

BB: "It's my job, Kenny." (laughs)

KW: "Sure, I understand. But like I said before, we can't just give him away. Hey, did I tell you I bought a new car?"

BB: "Well, we're not going to pull the wool over your eyes or anything. What kind of car did you get?"

KW: "One of those Lincoln Navigators. It's huge, and impossible to park, but it's really comfortable, quiet and pretty slick. And man, those car dealers can be chumps!"

BB: "How so?"

KW: "Can you believe I talked them down to only $149 for the floor mats?"

BB: "Uh..."

KW: "Not only that, but they were closing the shop, and the guy had to make his quota, so I got a BEAUTIFUL deal on the fabric protection and rustproofing. And for only a few extra bucks, all the scheduled maintenance for the next three years. They're lucky they still had all their fingers and toes after I left." (laughs)

BB: "Um...so how much did you pay?"

KW: "That's the real beauty of it! I didn't even have to buy the car! I'm just LEASING it!"

BB: "Wow. Kenny, you're a shrewd man, so I won't waste your time trying to talk you down. I'm willing to accede to your demands and give you Jon Adkins."

KW: "Done! Let me fax the papers over before you change your mind!!!" (begins victory dance)

BB: "Shouldn't be a problem."

KW: "Who's your daddy?"