PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call for White Sox/Tigers in Detroit

SoxThunder
08-27-2012, 11:14 PM
I just bought 8 tix on Stubhub for Sunday's Sale/Verlander matchup!

Labor Day weekend road trip...can't wait!

S-SideTrifecta
08-28-2012, 01:14 AM
I just bought 8 tix on Stubhub for Sunday's Sale/Verlander matchup!

Labor Day weekend road trip...can't wait!

Wow you are a brave soul. I don't know if I could be in Detroit if the Sox sweep the Tigers, some angry people right there.

JimmyJames
08-29-2012, 12:13 PM
I will be there Sunday. We try to hit a new ball park every year and we are knocking out Detroit. This was supposed to be a quick day trip but ESPN moved the game so now we are forced to spend the night in Detroit. Boo.

rookie
09-02-2012, 10:24 PM
We were there yesterday. It's funny because they were there last year on Labor Day weekend too if I remember correctly, cause we went last year too. Love Detroit. Had a great time. Wish the White Sox would've won though, but the last three times I've been to Comerica they haven't so I guess my expectations should've been lower.

DumpJerry
09-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Wow you are a brave soul. I don't know if I could be in Detroit if the Sox sweep the Tigers, some angry people right there.
No worries.:angry::angry:

ChiSoxGirl
09-02-2012, 11:15 PM
I pity anyone who took this road trip.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-03-2012, 12:11 AM
I pity anyone who took this road trip.

You got that right. Even a single loss at Comerica is barf-inducing. A sweep like this would be dangerously unhealthy.

SoxThunder
09-03-2012, 02:24 AM
Just got back from Sunday night's disaster with a group of Tiger friends. It seemed like Sale threw about 60% offspeed pitches (and one too many to Delmon Young). The number of innings has definitely caught up with him. I only saw him hit 95 twice all night. Centerfield in Comerica is ginormous (420 ft) and Austin Jackson can cover a ton of ground (including that last out).
I remember going to Minn in Sept '08 and getting swept out of first. This feels just as bad, but remember we had the final say that year in the Blackout game. I'm still holding out hope!