PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 'Chen Music? More Like A McClouth Shot!' BAL vs SOX 8/27 Postgame Thread

soxinem1
08-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Not good. All the breaks they gave us, and we fall short.

LoveYourSuit
08-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Sully Beckham is not happy.

WhiteSox5187
It sucks losing but we didn't really deserve to win this game

S-SideTrifecta
I knew they would lose tonight, I just knew it. This is not a good way to start a road trip.

soxnut1018
****ing Baltimore. :angry:

Tragg
08-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Bloody walks. Come on guys. They matter.

Wouldn't have been a bad time to PH Flowers.

OmahaSoxFan
Myers blew this one for the Sox tonight - can't walk a guy, then give up a bomb late in the game. Sox pitchers walked 7 batters tonight, that won't get the job done.

Nothing else to say, but go get them tomorrow boys - like our chances with Sale on the mound.

JB98

No we did not. We walked home the tying run in the sixth inning. A walk preceded the go-ahead home run as well. Seven walks total by Sox pitching.

You walk people, you lose. We got away with that garbage Friday night. Not tonight.

Frater Perdurabo
08-27-2012, 09:17 PM
All those walks are for the Birds. Crain walked in a run charged to Liriano, and Myers walked a batter before giving up the homer. If not for those two walks, we probably win 3-2. That was the difference in the game.

thomas35forever
You beat yourselves, you lose. End of story.

LoveYourSuit
Bloody walks. Come on guys. They matter.

Wouldn't have been a bad time to PH Flowers.

Why would you do that?

Beckham is the worst hitter on the team.

mzh
08-27-2012, 09:18 PM
****ing Beckham had the WORST possible approach in that at bat. Every single ****ing one of those foul balls was a dinky ass grounder to the left side, and yet not once did it occur to Gordon to stop trying to pull every god damn thing in sight.

aryzner
08-27-2012, 09:18 PM
For whatever reason, it feels like the Sox really really enjoy losing the lead the very next inning after they score.

Just once I want a clean 1-2-3 inning after the Sox take the lead.

LoveYourSuit
08-27-2012, 09:19 PM

I think the Orioles should be saying the same thing.

They played like **** too.

Ugly baseball today, both sides.

thomas35forever
08-27-2012, 09:19 PM
I knew they would lose tonight, I just knew it. This is not a good way to start a road trip.

Well aren't you a bright, hopeful ray of sunshine.

S-SideTrifecta
08-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Well aren't you a bright, hopeful ray of sunshine.

If you are interested in knowing the outcome, they will lose again tomorrow, I can feel it coming.

Foulke You
08-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Rare letdown by our pen and a bad offensive night for everyone not name Youkilis. Might have been AJ's worst all around game of the season. Sox looked like a tired team tonight. Hopefully Liriano's ankle is ok. Can't lose two pitchers right now.

thomas35forever
08-27-2012, 09:23 PM
If you are interested in knowing the outcome, they will lose again tomorrow, I can feel it coming.

Thanks. I'll make sure not to watch.

Dick Allen
08-27-2012, 09:23 PM
The Sox cannot blow up like this on this road trip or the season could be over sooner than we'd like. This game should have been in the ****ing win column, dammit.

samurai_sox
08-27-2012, 09:24 PM

If you know the future how about helping me out with some lotto numbers then.

JB98
Everyone take a deep breath. I know it sucks tonight, but it's only one loss in a row.

PalehosePlanet
I believe that's Baltimore's 13th straight one-run win.

Not sure why we had to try to stretch Myers for two innings. Matt was up, Veal had warmed up earlier; another bad decision by Robin and Cooper.

Always sucks to lose a game late, and lord knows we've had our share of tough losses this season, but we've bounced back before after these types of losses. Hopefully we come out fighting tomorrow.

RadioheadRocks
08-27-2012, 09:25 PM
I believe that's Baltimore's 13th straight one-run win.

Not sure why we had to try to stretch Myers for two innings. Matt was up, Veal had warmed up earlier; another bad decision by Robin and Cooper.

Always sucks to lose a game late, and lord knows we've had our share of tough losses this season, but we've bounced back before after these types of losses. Hopefully we come out fighting tomorrow.

Is it my imagination or has Veal ever faced more than two hitters? Seems like Robin lets him pitch to one batter and that's it.

Bob Roarman
08-27-2012, 09:26 PM

Doesn't exist in sports. You earn what you get.

slavko
08-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Rare letdown by our pen and a bad offensive night for everyone not name Youkilis. Might have been AJ's worst all around game of the season. Sox looked like a tired team tonight. Hopefully Liriano's ankle is ok. Can't lose two pitchers right now.

Wise too. Two great at bats against that flame thrower. Shoulda won us the game.

Frater Perdurabo
08-27-2012, 09:28 PM
They seemed tired. I wonder if the long day at the park yesterday sapped some of their energy. Hopefully they get well-rested tonight.

tstrike2000
08-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Great to see Lew Ford again. I really missed him.

soxinem1
08-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Great to see Lew Ford again. I really missed him.

Lew gotta be kidding!! :cool:

tstrike2000
Everyone take a deep breath. I know it sucks tonight, but it's only one loss in a row.

SHHH, you're being too positive.

SoxSpeed22
When you're off, you're off, but what the crap is up with Jesse? He's had all kinds of trouble finding the strike zone early in his appearances.
Neither team played all that well, we just outstunk them with walks.

Tragg
08-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Why would you do that?

Beckham is the worst hitter on the team.

That's what I meant. PH Flowers, not FOR Flowers. I didn't realize he was in the game - just saw AJ had started. Just saw Beckham made the last out.

Soxman219
08-27-2012, 09:34 PM
We'll be alright, just one loss. Had to lose eventually. I have a feeling KC will help us out after the Sox win tomorrow.

Lip Man 1
08-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Not the kind of way to start the most important road trip of the season is it?

More bull**** in Baltimore. Typical. The blow at least a game there every single year.

10th time this year the Sox lost when leading in the 7th inning or later.

Lead is at two games.

Lip

Jollyroger2
08-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Sox walked seven, struck out five and allowed two homers by guys hitting .200.
Baltimore walked one, struck out twelve and cashed in when they needed to.

End of story. The worst part is listening to the arrogant O's announcers here on local TV. But they've beaten the Sox four of five now so they can brag.

oldgrouch
08-27-2012, 09:39 PM
When you're off, you're off, but what the crap is up with Jesse? He's had all kinds of trouble finding the strike zone early in his appearances.
Neither team played all that well, we just outstunk them with walks.

Jesse hasn't pitched since last week IIRC. Hell I thought he was hurt.:rolleyes:

beasly213
08-27-2012, 09:40 PM
****ty game but the Sox just won 6 in a row. Just try to win the series.

Lip Man 1
08-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Beasly:

Having blown tonight's game I'd be thrilled if they could just get a split.

I agree about the comments that they just won six straight but that's mitigated somewhat because Detroit went 5-1 in the same span. If the Sox had a five game lead and blow a game, you chalk it up as one of those things.

When your lead is pretty thin like the Sox is you can't afford to do what they did tonight. Bad game or not...tired or not...they had a lead in the 8th inning...you win the game... period. And giving up home runs to two guys who don't hit home runs and have a batting average just about the Mendoza line is totally inexcusable.

Lip

palehozenychicty
08-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Seven walks is not a good look. The game was winnable, but the Birds are scrappy. We try again tomorrow.

central44
08-27-2012, 09:55 PM
I know it sucks, but it's not like I can be angry with the team for "only" winning six in a row.

I'll take our chances with Sale tomorrow.

Lip Man 1
08-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Central:

I'm not angry with them for "only" winning six in a row either.

I'm concerned when they lose a game late by giving up a home run to a banjo hitter and the fact that Detroit is right on their tail just waiting for the weekend series in a place where the Tigers have killed them since last year.

If the Sox take two of three in Detroit we'll forget about tonight...if they don't, or if they fall apart in Baltimore, they could be kicking themselves for the half game in the standings they lost this evening when the game was there for the taking.

Lip

Soxman219
08-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Central:

I'm concerned when they lose a game late by giving up a home run to a banjo hitter and the fact that Detroit is right on their tail just waiting for the weekend series in a place where the Tigers have killed them since last year.

If the Sox take two of three in Detroit we'll forget about tonight...if they don't, or if they fall apart in Baltimore, they could be kicking themselves for the half game in the standings they lost this evening when the game was there for the taking.

Lip

I feel like the weekend series is Detroit's last chance to do something. Sox win that series, I might call the division.

RadioheadRocks
08-27-2012, 10:05 PM
central:

I'm concerned when they lose a game late by giving up a home run to a banjo hitter and the fact that detroit is right on their tail just waiting for the weekend series in a place where the tigers have killed them since last year.

If the sox take two of three in detroit we'll forget about tonight...if they don't, or if they fall apart in baltimore, they could be kicking themselves for the half game in the standings they lost this evening when the game was there for the taking.

Lip

+1

JB98
08-27-2012, 10:24 PM
This is a Sox team that plays a ton of close games. They've pulled some out of their ass and they've blown some too. I'm not going to get on this roller coaster where I'm flying high after wins and morose after losses.

I think the race will come down to the final week no matter what. There are 35 games left, and this won't be the last tough loss the Sox endure. Just so long as we win 20 of those remaining 35, everything will be OK.

delben91
08-27-2012, 10:33 PM
This is a Sox team that plays a ton of close games. They've pulled some out of their ass and they've blown some too. I'm not going to get on this roller coaster where I'm flying high after wins and morose after losses.

I think the race will come down to the final week no matter what. There are 35 games left, and this won't be the last tough loss the Sox endure. Just so long as we win 20 of those remaining 35, everything will be OK.

Any time this team loses it is completely unacceptable and the team will drop out of 1st imminently (and I've been guilty of this myself).

Any time they win, they're unstoppable and the Tigers are dreaming if they think they can catch up.

I need to adopt your philosophy.

fram40
08-27-2012, 10:47 PM
I know it sucks, but it's not like I can be angry with the team for "only" winning six in a row.

I agree. You can't be angry. They can't win them all

But you sure as hell can be disappointed with how they lost. And how they have lost so damn many games this season. It seems like the Sox would have about 25 more wins if they didn't beat themselves consistently by issuing walks. And failures to get guys in from third.

I suppose most teams can say that tho. Amazing how often ML ballplayers have brain cramps or fail to make simple plays that wind up costing the team.

Let's hope Sale pitches a gem tomorrow night and Verlander gets tattooed by KC

palehozenychicty
08-27-2012, 10:48 PM

Indeed.

DickAllen72
08-27-2012, 10:57 PM
It wasn't the walks that beat the Sox. It was the two home runs.

guillensdisciple
08-27-2012, 11:00 PM
The sox have to be extremely careful on this road trip. Go 1-6 or 2-5 and we might end up 2 or 3 back. Not a good place to be, especially with the tigers gaining mention for the stretch if it were to happen. Also these games are for the wild card so we could lose our standing in both wild card and division.

I think we'll go 4-3, but I'm weary of nightmare that I have experienced before. I hope the fact that we have this resiliency thing helps in the end.

guillensdisciple
08-27-2012, 11:01 PM

Sigh..... Great.

You know our ace is up tomorrow? At least have some faith.

GlassSox
08-27-2012, 11:04 PM
****ing Baltimore. :angry:

Nope, ****ing White Sox :angry:

amsteel
08-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Why not put in Thornton to face McLouth? He's slugging 0.176 against LHP, 0.311 against RHP.

Another questionable pen (non)-call.

delben91
08-27-2012, 11:22 PM
It seems like the Sox would have about 25 more wins if they didn't beat themselves consistently by issuing walks. And failures to get guys in from third.

They're in first place, I'd hardly say they "consistently" beat themselves.

delben91
08-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Why not put in Thornton to face McLouth? He's slugging 0.176 against LHP, 0.311 against RHP.

Another questionable pen (non)-call.

Yeah, but you could put Thornton in and have him give up the long-ball just as easily. Or walk McLouth and put another runner on.

Sometimes you just take your chances, especially since Thronton's hardly a sure thing.

Brian26
08-27-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm not going to get on this roller coaster where I'm flying high after wins and morose after losses.

That's half the fun of a pennant race though.

amsteel
08-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Sometimes you just take your chances, especially since Thronton's hardly a sure thing.

There's no sure thing, but there is giving yourself a better shot.

Lip Man 1
08-27-2012, 11:56 PM
JB:

I hope you're right but getting to those 20 more wins is going to be difficult (a stretch in my opinion...)

Considering that 44% of the remaining 36 games are against teams the Sox have a combined record of 9-19 this year against and that 17 of the final 36 games are against teams that I consider in the running for the post season...(Baltimore, Detroit, Angels, Tampa Bay) again it's going to be difficult.

Whatever happens the Sox control their fate, just like in 2003, 2006 and 2010 when they blew post season spots. Play decently against the teams that have been tormenting them this year and I think they are in. Keep doing what they've been doing and they'll be on the golf course October 4th (and the organization will have another difficult off season trying to convince fans to buy tickets...)

It's totally, completely up to them.

We'll see.

Lip

Nellie_Fox
08-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Just for a change of topic, an observation from the game.

When Youk struck out to end the Sox half of the third, he smacked his bat with his right hand hard enough to knock it out of his left hand. I immediately thought of all the WSI posters who absolutely excoriated Carlos Quentin when he broke his hand doing that.

S-SideTrifecta
08-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Sigh..... Great.

You know our ace is up tomorrow? At least have some faith.

It is just one of those gut feelings is all, I really hope that I am wrong, but I just have a bad feeling about this series and I have for the last couple of weeks. Go Sox

JB98
08-28-2012, 12:46 AM
Any time this team loses it is completely unacceptable and the team will drop out of 1st imminently (and I've been guilty of this myself).

Any time they win, they're unstoppable and the Tigers are dreaming if they think they can catch up.

I need to adopt your philosophy.

It's not easy to do. Things in our sporting culture tend to get blown out of proportion all the time. I need to constantly remind myself to keep an eye on the bigger picture. Believe me, there is not a soul on this earth who hates losing more than I do. I know everyone says they hate losing, but I really, really *hate* losing. For me, it's especially hard to stay on an even keel after losses.

That said, it's baseball and you're going to lose games. It's the only sport where a team can lose 70 games and still be considered among the best in the league.

Not every victory is proof that this team is ****ing awesome. The Sox have their warts like every other club. Not every loss is proof the Sox are doomed to fail. They've been in first place damn near all summer for a reason.

I have no clue whether they are going to hang on. I know it's not going to be easy. But I'll tell you this, it's not going to be easy for Detroit either. A lot of those ****ing idiots over in Michigan assumed they'd have the division wrapped up by now. They were wrong. Nothing has been decided. Still over a month of baseball to go.

LITTLE NELL
08-28-2012, 05:17 AM
Tough loss but this team will come back and win tonight.
Any explanation on why AJ did not try for the DP when the bases were loaded and with a grounder to Youk he threw to it to AJ for 1 out but AJ never gave it a thought about getting the runner at first. Crain did a great job getting out of the jam.

SephClone89
08-28-2012, 06:11 AM
It is just one of those gut feelings is all, I really hope that I am wrong, but I just have a bad feeling about this series and I have for the last couple of weeks. Go Sox

Frater Perdurabo
08-28-2012, 06:24 AM
Good points, JB.

It is even more infuriating that so many of the Sox warts are self-inflicted, such as giving up walks.

Ventura and Parent have significantly improved Sox fielding fundamentals. But you can't defend against a walk, except to throw strikes, and that is entirely within the control of our pitchers.

Hartman
08-28-2012, 06:33 AM
Stop freaking walking guys with BAs in the low .200s. Period.

doublem23
08-28-2012, 06:58 AM

This is borderline ****ing trolling

SCCWS
08-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Let's not forget the offense or lack of. Paulie hitting into a double play w the bases loaded was a rally killer. Also Dayan and AJ going 0-8 and striking out 6 times caused a huge void in the middle of the lineup.

SOXSINCE'70
08-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Lew gotta be kidding!! :cool:

:hawk

"Lew gotta be beepin' me!":D:

asindc
08-28-2012, 10:58 AM

I think that sums it up rather well.

asindc
08-28-2012, 11:03 AM
I agree. You can't be angry. They can't win them all

But you sure as hell can be disappointed with how they lost. And how they have lost so damn many games this season. It seems like the Sox would have about 25 more wins if they didn't beat themselves consistently by issuing walks. And failures to get guys in from third.

I suppose most teams can say that tho. Amazing how often ML ballplayers have brain cramps or fail to make simple plays that wind up costing the team.

Let's hope Sale pitches a gem tomorrow night and Verlander gets tattooed by KC

Earlier in the season, at least, the Sox lead the AL in scoring runners from third with less than two outs. I'm not sure where is stands at the moment, but the team does better than most.

SCCWS
08-28-2012, 11:06 AM

Or Wise. He started both rallies and scored 2 runs

amsteel
08-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Just go 3-3 the rest of the week and I'll be content. As long as one of those wins is in Detroit. Then come home and whomp on the Twins.

kittle42
08-28-2012, 11:07 AM
And failures to get guys in from third.

They are second in the league in scoring runners from third with less than two out.

But, again, let's not let the facts get in the way of anger. It's the American way.

S-SideTrifecta
08-28-2012, 11:45 AM
This is borderline ****ing trolling

I am not trolling what so ever, just stating what is in my gut feeling. I have been a lurker on this site for a while, I don't post much. It seems like the new trend is when someone hears something they don't like, it is trolling now? That is what I am noticing. I am not trying to cause trouble here, and I am not mad, just stating what I have noticed or as it comes off to me.

S-SideTrifecta
08-28-2012, 11:48 AM

I'm not exactly sure what this means, so I wish I could respond with my seasoning response.

Question for anyone, what is the deal with using ........ (dot dot dots) in a sentence, it makes no sense at all to me. I have been noticing more people doing this. Can this be a product of the text messaging society? I still refuse to text message to this day.

doublem23
08-28-2012, 11:54 AM
I am not trolling what so ever, just stating what is in my gut feeling. I have been a lurker on this site for a while, I don't post much. It seems like the new trend is when someone hears something they don't like, it is trolling now? That is what I am noticing. I am not trying to cause trouble here, and I am not mad, just stating what I have noticed or as it comes off to me.

Oh, ****ing please, this thread is chock full of pathetic crybabies nitpicking every little detail about the 1st game the Sox have lost in a week like a collection of dopey, miserable losers. It has nothing to do with a "oh he's just going after pessimists" BS garbage. There's a stunningly pathethic amount of pessimism in this thread. There's quite a line between that and posting "oh, the Sox are definitely going to lose tomorrow." That distinction should be pretty clear.

Jesus Christ, the Sox are unexpectedly having one of the best seasons in the AL right now, and they're playing very meaningful games into the last week of August and people still can't even be the slightest happy about it. What a ****ing joke.

WisSoxFan
08-28-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm not exactly sure what this means, so I wish I could respond with my seasoning response.

Question for anyone, what is the deal with using ........ (dot dot dots) in a sentence, it makes no sense at all to me. I have been noticing more people doing this. Can this be a product of the text messaging society? I still refuse to text message to this day.

... in sentence or at the end of a sentence indicate the omission of words. If they are used in a quote then the person doing the quoting is letting you know some words have been omitted, this may or may not change the context of the quote. They can also be used to create anticipation or a cliff hanger for the reader - for example, I found a bag in the parking lot after work last night and it was full of...money.

In the case of the response they could mean most anything.

S-SideTrifecta
08-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Oh, ****ing please, this thread is chock full of pathetic crybabies nitpicking every little detail about the 1st game the Sox have lost in a week like a collection of dopey, miserable losers. It has nothing to do with a "oh he's just going after pessimists" BS garbage. There's a stunningly pathethic amount of pessimism in this thread. There's quite a line between that and posting "oh, the Sox are definitely going to lose tomorrow." That distinction should be pretty clear.

Jesus Christ, the Sox are unexpectedly having one of the best seasons in the AL right now, and they're playing very meaningful games into the last week of August and people still can't even be the slightest happy about it. What a ****ing joke.

I'm sorry. I really am, if you think I was trolling, I will try to rephrase my posts the best I can. Can I ask you why the need for all the dirty language? I am not trying to cause trouble or anything and I respect your feedback, I never appriciate that kinda talk though, especially since I have not been swearing at all. I'm not mad at you or anything, so don't worry about that. Go Sox.

S-SideTrifecta
08-28-2012, 12:08 PM
... in sentence or at the end of a sentence indicate the omission of words. If they are used in a quote then the person doing the quoting is letting you know some words have been omitted, this may or may not change the context of the quote. They can also be used to create anticipation or a cliff hanger for the reader - for example, I found a bag in the parking lot after work last night and it was full of...money.

In the case of the response they could mean most anything.

Thanks man, I was always wondering about that, I was actually going to look it up too. You saved me a lot of trouble. So this guy who just responded to one of my quotes with nothing more than three dots could mean just about anything? So he could actually be agreeing with me then perhaps. I am taking it, that he doesn't like my comment. Anywho GO Sox!

JB98
08-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Good points, JB.

It is even more infuriating that so many of the Sox warts are self-inflicted, such as giving up walks.

Ventura and Parent have significantly improved Sox fielding fundamentals. But you can't defend against a walk, except to throw strikes, and that is entirely within the control of our pitchers.

The Sox are actually right around league average in terms of issuing walks. Unfortunately, they have three bullpen guys who are averaging more than four walks per nine innings. One of them is Jesse Crain, who pitches in a lot of high-leverage situations. Fortunately, Jesse strikes out a lot of people, too. We saw both the best and the worst of him last night. He walked in the tying run, but also got a big punchout with the bags full to minimize the damage.

On the the whole, the Sox don't walk people more than other clubs around the league. It just seems like our bullpen has a habit of walking guys at inopportune times. Some of this is just a function of playing a lot of close games. The last five games have been one-run decisions. Everything little thing gets magnified when you win or lose by just one run.

It is worth noting Myers is not a guy who beats himself with walks frequently. He has issued only four walks (one of them was intentional) in 18 2/3 innings since joining the Sox. He's a strike-thrower, and that's a good thing. Unfortunately, he issued a rare walk to Reynolds last night and it jumped up and bit him and the team in the ass.

kufram
08-28-2012, 01:04 PM
I use ... to indicate a pause in my thinking, or "take a breath here". I don't care if it is grammatically incorrect.

Nellie_Fox
08-28-2012, 01:41 PM

Question for anyone, what is the deal with using ........ (dot dot dots) in a sentence, it makes no sense at all to me. I have been noticing more people doing this. Can this be a product of the text messaging society? I still refuse to text message to this day.The way I see most people use it on here is "I know that I should use some sort of punctuation here, but I have no idea what, so I'll just throw in some dots." Sort of a universal punctuation mark.

SI1020
08-28-2012, 02:03 PM
After a particularly tough loss on July 19 http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ross-3-run-hr-9th-021521207--mlb.html
I posted the following.

I'm barely into the thread and I think you are the third poster to say this. Make it one more. I knew they'd lose in the bottom of the 9th. Damn I wanted to be wrong, to be a Debbie Downer, but I knew it.

I guess that since it was such a tough loss and there were so many of us down after that game nobody got savaged like SST in this thread. I mean maybe a little slack for someone who's hardly ever posted here? Or are we trying to enforce enough conformity so that there is only one big "amen" chorus on this site?

hawkjt
08-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Myers got squeezed by Welke on that walk in the 8th...that breaking ball caught the corner,but still, the walks are killing us. Crain also got screwed on the high breaking ball that was called ball 4,forcing in a run. I honestly think that Welke was extracting a little revenge on the Sox for their run-ins with Barrett over the weekend. These guys stick together.

The PK double play ball with 2 on and nobody out really hurt...could have put up that insurance run in that inning.

It is going to be a bumpy ride,gang.
I keep reminding myself that the Tigers have 16 of their last 26 on the road,and they are great at home,but just ok on the road.
Sox have 17 of their last 29 at home,and they have been great at home lately.
Get thru this week and the schedule is slightly better for the Sox,imo...cept maybe for that Rays series.

Nellie_Fox
08-28-2012, 03:39 PM
...are we trying to enforce enough conformity so that there is only one big "amen" chorus on this site?When you post something like "I know the Sox will lose tomorrow" you should expect to have a shot fired across your bow, especially when it's based on "gut feeling" rather than some analysis of matchups or something to that effect. So, if you say something like that, don't act all hurt when someone tees off on you.

October26
08-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Just go 3-3 the rest of the week and I'll be content. As long as one of those wins is in Detroit. Then come home and whomp on the Twins.

Sounds good. I'm not pulling my hair out over last night's loss. Sox need a solid outing from Chris Sale tonight along with good offense and defense. I was also thinking today that I hope that Robin and the Sox stay focused on beating the Orioles and not look too far ahead to the series against the Tigers. One day/game at a time.