PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming nationally televised games

jcw218
08-26-2012, 12:45 AM
MLB will have the Tuesday game against Baltimore and the Friday game against Detroit and espn will have the game on September 2

harwar
08-26-2012, 12:51 PM
i just hope that mlb.com doesn't black those games out in my area, as has happened to me several times when the White Sox are on either one of those stations ..

UofCSoxFan
08-27-2012, 02:02 AM
As an FYI, mlb.tv is running a promotion for their premium package (which allows for smartphone and ipad streaming in addition to computer) for $10 for the rest of the year.

Just keep in mind that local games are blacked out, based on your credit card zip code.

As I just moved to Virgnia for grad school, I jumped on this option, even though I still can see the Sox on WGN American and the occaisional MLB Network or ESPN game.

Frater Perdurabo
08-27-2012, 07:15 AM
I just bought the MLBtv package for $10. Worthy investment considering the pennant race, and it even allows me to watch or listen to the games on my iPhone.

amsteel
08-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Just keep in mind that local games are blacked out, based on your credit card zip code.

It's based on where MLB's location algorithm thinks you are when you login to watch.

OmahaSoxFan
08-27-2012, 09:27 AM
I just bought the MLBtv package for $10. Worthy investment considering the pennant race, and it even allows me to watch or listen to the games on my iPhone.

Just bought the $10 mlb.tv special as well, awesome deal considering that this includes the Premium service which features both the home and away broadcasts. Awesome deal, and even better because now I no longer have to watch the Sox through "graphics" on MLB Gameday during games in a pennant race! :cool:

doublem23
08-27-2012, 09:40 AM
It's based on where MLB's location algorithm thinks you are when you login to watch.

They'll use both, the location algorithm is what they prefer, but it's not 100% reliable. My brother and his old roommate had MLB.tv a few years ago, they lived in Chicago on the North Side but for whatever reason the service was unable to locate their apartment so MLB used the roomate's credit card (which was still in his roomate's old address in Minnesota), so he could watch Cubs and Sox games but they couldn't watch the Twins.