PDA

View Full Version : Waiver Wire?

Soxfanspcu11
08-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Clearly since the Eastern Seaboard Propoganda Network (ESPN) is shoving this down on throat because apparently the Red Sox had a "Fire Sale"? Idk, I was at Da Sox game, first I have heard of it.

But Anyway, is there anyone that you would like to see the Sox pickup through Waivers? I know Sept. Call-ups are on the way so that may change the whole dynamic but as far as the stretch run goes, who would you like to see?

I think KW did a GREAT Job in getting Myers from Houston but I wouldn't mind seeing Da Sox pickup 1 more "rent-a-player" if you will. (Wise in a Sox Uni again has been Great!)

Personally, I would like to see either, 1 More Veteran Arm in the Pen or 1 more Utility Player. We gave up Lillibridge for Kev (Which was 1 of da best steals of da season obviously and Im certainly not upset with that so dont twist it up!)

I'm just saying, maybe 1 more guy who can play Infield/Outfield, hit for OBP, maybe someone like a Scotty Pods type. Not Only Maybe add some Speed but also Spell some guys come Sept., less than a week now. I'm not sure who I would go after. Sure KW could work something out for Trout! lol

No but for Real, I think it would be a HUGE PICKUP if We could get that. Maybe We already have it in Charlotte. :?:

DSpivack
08-25-2012, 01:59 AM
I have a hard time seeing the Sox being able to pick someone up that the Tigers passed on. If a player clears waivers, it's usually because no one wants him or there is some flaw with him, a bad contract or something along those lines.

Thus, I do not expect to see the Sox claiming a player or making some sort of waiver deal before next friday's deadline.

chicagowhitesox1
08-25-2012, 02:03 AM
I have a hard time seeing the Sox being able to pick someone up that the Tigers passed on. If a player clears waivers, it's usually because no one wants him or there is some flaw with him, a bad contract or something along those lines.

Thus, I do not expect to see the Sox claiming a player or making some sort of waiver deal before next friday's deadline.

I don't really know how the waiver wire works but do the Sox have to wait until who the Tigers choose?

DSpivack
08-25-2012, 02:22 AM
I don't really know how the waiver wire works but do the Sox have to wait until who the Tigers choose?

I think it still works in opposite order of record and by league. If a National League player is placed on waivers, every NL team would have to pass on him before any AL team could claim him. If an AL team places a player on waivers, then the Sox would have to wait for every AL team with an inferior record before they would have a chance to claim a player.

Thus, the Tigers could claim any player the Sox would want and block any potential trade or waiver claim.

doublem23
08-25-2012, 02:48 AM
Thus, the Tigers could claim any player the Sox would want and block any potential trade or waiver claim.

Yes, you are correct. I think, for better or worse, this is the team the Sox are going to have the rest of the way. Better get used to 'em.

chicagowhitesox1
08-25-2012, 03:43 AM
I think it still works in opposite order of record and by league. If a National League player is placed on waivers, every NL team would have to pass on him before any AL team could claim him. If an AL team places a player on waivers, then the Sox would have to wait for every AL team with an inferior record before they would have a chance to claim a player.

Thanks to you both, I always wondered how that worked.