PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's back in the game

thomas35forever
08-20-2012, 07:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8285793/roger-clemens-signs-independent-sugar-land-skeeters-texas
The pitcher formerly known as the Rocket.

Brian26
08-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Heard a little bit about this on MLB Radio this evening.

It is reported that the Astros had a scout watching Clemens' pitching session. There is speculation that Clemens' goal is to come back and pitch for the Astros. There are several sub-plots working here. First, with the Astros going to the AL and basically rebuilding from the ground up, he would be an attraction for fans to come out and watch them next year. Second, if Clemens' pitches next year, his waiting time for HOF voting gets reset. What that means is he puts another five or six years between himself and all of the PED nonsense, so perhaps voters will be more forgiving.

DSpivack
08-20-2012, 08:27 PM

It is reported that the Astros had a scout watching Clemens' pitching session. There is speculation that Clemens' goal is to come back and pitch for the Astros. There are several sub-plots working here. First, with the Astros going to the AL and basically rebuilding from the ground up, he would be an attraction for fans to come out and watch them next year. Second, if Clemens' pitches next year, his waiting time for HOF voting gets reset. What that means is he puts another five or six years between himself and all of the PED nonsense, so perhaps voters will be more forgiving.

:o:

RKMeibalane
08-20-2012, 10:26 PM
:o:

I actually hope it happens, so that he can get **** beaten out of him.

DSpivack
08-20-2012, 10:58 PM
I actually hope it happens, so that he can get **** beaten out of him.
That'd be funny.

tstrike2000
08-20-2012, 11:13 PM

So his main motivation is to put more distance between him and HGH? I guess I could say I've lost respect for him, if there was any that anyone still had for him in the first place.