PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Danks Returning?

Lip Man 1
08-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Tribune reports that Jordan Danks was removed from his game tonight in Charlotte and speculation is he's returning to the Sox.

Looks like De Aza is hurt worse than anyone thought. Another injury biting the team.

Lip

DonnieDarko
08-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Thought that this was about John Danks and at first I was like, "Wait, what the hell?"

Clicked on the topic and yeah, saw it was about Jordan. Might want to ask for a topic title edit. :P

But I've heard that De Aza is going on the DL, so this move isn't surprising.

spawn
08-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Thought that this was about John Danks and at first I was like, "Wait, what the hell?"

Clicked on the topic and yeah, saw it was about Jordan. Might want to ask for a topic title edit. :P

Done.

Noneck
08-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Mentioned before game oblique problem, will probably go on DL.

The Immigrant
08-20-2012, 11:59 PM
We'll need him fresh for the stretch run. He was starting to run out of gas a bit. Besides, Wise is crushing the ball right now.

amsteel
08-21-2012, 12:27 AM
If Wise can keep it up, I'm all for it.

doublem23
08-21-2012, 12:39 AM
If Wise can keep it up, I'm all for it.

Yeah so far, knock on wood, the injuries haven't been too rough on the Sox; Danks is gone for the year but he's been replaced pretty well by Quintana, Pierzynski had to sit a few games but he's come back strong since, and the Sox were able to shoulder the load for Konerko for that week he was gone.

Hopefully Wise keeps doing what he's doing. Hopefully a little rest will get de Aza ready to go for the home stretch.

WLL1855
08-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Mentioned before game oblique problem, will probably go on DL.

Yup.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/mlb/374938/de-aza-(oblique)-headed-to-disabled-list

Noneck
08-21-2012, 02:09 AM
It looks like De Aza wont be eligible to come off the DL till after 9/1. They better be darn sure he will be fit enough for september and possibly the playoffs. If any doubt they better open up the purse strings and overpay for some bench help before 9/1.

Tragg
08-21-2012, 02:26 AM
De Aza would be a huge loss. Best leadoff hitter in 15+ years.
Wise is playing his eyeballs out, but it's just not realistic to think it's sustainable.

russ99
08-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Best leadoff hitter in 15+ years.

LOL. De Aza's been great for us, but that's a stretch. Pods 2005 beats him handily, not to mention a few others.

If he goes on the DL it will be retroactive so no worries about potential postseason issues.

Hope he's back soon.

DeadMoney
08-21-2012, 10:10 AM
LOL. De Aza's been great for us, but that's a stretch. Pods 2005 beats him handily, not to mention a few others.

If he goes on the DL it will be retroactive so no worries about potential postseason issues.

Hope he's back soon.

I believe the rule is that a player must be on one of the following on August 31/September 1 to be eligible for the postseason roster:
- The 25 man active roster
- The Disabled List
- The Bereavement List
- The Suspended List

This, if to even just give De Aza an extended breather, seems to give us more flexibility for the playoff roster (with Danks now being an option).

hawkjt
08-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Sox need DWise to continue his hot streak with Alejandro going down. DeAza cannot come back til Sept 2...ouch. Now, Sox face a lot of right handed pitching the next two weeks with Yanks,M's,O's and Tigers,so maybe DWise and Danks can be productive.

Get well quickly Alejandro....we will need you in Sept and Oct:D:

Noneck
08-21-2012, 01:14 PM

Thats if he comes back fit and healthy, if not its Danks and Wise unless a move is made before Sept 1.

Tragg
08-21-2012, 01:58 PM

Hope he's back soon.
I realize Pods played Ozzie-style, but De Aza has a near 50 point OPS advantage over Podsednik's 2005 effort (not to mention a superior defender).
Now Durham was better....but he's the only one.

slavko
08-21-2012, 03:29 PM
I realize Pods played Ozzie-style, but De Aza has a near 50 point OPS advantage over Podsednik's 2005 effort (not to mention a superior defender).
Now Durham was better....but he's the only one.

OBP is a more valid measure for leadoff men and Pods was higher. I do like DeAza's routes. Pods was dangerous in LF.

Lip Man 1
08-21-2012, 06:06 PM
I think Wise will be OK for the next 10 days in the leadoff spot. I'd be concerned if it was for two months or so like when Ozzie was around, I don't think that's going to happen though.

Lip

A. Cavatica
08-21-2012, 07:43 PM
OBP is a more valid measure for leadoff men

False. Until they change the rules to allow the leadoff hitter to lead off every inning, a hitter with a 50-point OPS advantage is better.

fram40
08-21-2012, 08:12 PM
False. Until they change the rules to allow the leadoff hitter to lead off every inning, a hitter with a 50-point OPS advantage is better.

I don't know about that. Lead-off men - even when not leading off the inning - are supposed to be on base for the RBI guys batting 3, 4, and 5.

MISoxfan
08-21-2012, 10:49 PM
We're talking about a very small OBP difference between the two, but Pods also brought a danger to the base path that ADA doesn't quite bring. I would say its a toss-up. 2009 Podsednik was a very good leadoff hitter, too.