PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8-18; 4 Runs 4 Errors; KC 9, SOX 4 Postgame Puke Thread

Hitmen77
08-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Congratulations on HR # 400! :bandance::gulp::party:

According to Hawk, Dunn and Konerko are the first teammates in MLB history to hit their 400th HRs in the same season.

GlassSox
08-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Yes, congratulations Adam on 400th HR

Frater Perdurabo
08-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Not much to say, other than congrats to Dunn.

Brian26
08-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Kudos to the guy that took a headfirst dive into the drink to get that ball. I'm not sure if security was kicking him out of the park or taking him down to meet Dunn, but that was the highlight of the game.

JB98
08-18-2012, 09:15 PM
The Sox have no chance in this series.

I'm in full-blown pray Detroit loses mode. Baltimore helped us tonight.

LITTLE NELL
08-18-2012, 09:15 PM
That was uuugly.
Hey Robin, keep pitching to Butler.
I haven't hated KC this much since the days of Hal McRae and the 77 Royals.

guillensdisciple
08-18-2012, 09:16 PM
The Sox have no chance in this series.

I'm in full-blown pray Detroit loses mode. Baltimore helped us tonight.

Not even one for the gipper tomorrow? Damn, times are rough.

Brian26
08-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Myers' first bad outing too.

ChiSoxGal85
08-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Darn, I missed it...but congratulations to Adam, both on #400 and his return to form this season. :bandance:

The Immigrant
08-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Cy Chen today, Catfish Guthrie tomorrow. Yippeee!

amsteel
08-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Good job
Good effort

SI1020
08-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Good job
Good effort Good post too. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it after this monstrosity.

ChiSoxGal85
08-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Playing KC now feels like a few years ago when the Twins owned the White Sox. :angry:

Thank heavens the Tigers lost too.

all*star quentin
08-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Congrats, Dunn on no. 400! :gulp:

Hitmen77
08-18-2012, 09:36 PM
But, hey, at least we beat Cy Chen that one time back in July. :rolleyes:

Another Sox stinker against the powerhouse Royals. :tiphat:

all*star quentin
08-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Got within one, what happened? :scratch:

guillensdisciple
08-18-2012, 09:38 PM
The difference between the Royals doing this to us and the Twins doing this to us is that the Royals are irrelevant.

So as far as I'm concerned, the only people that really celebrate this **** are dumb KC fans and the players. At least we're not watching Denard Span and Alexi Casilla celebrate after a walk off single in a dome stadium.

In the end, how we do head to head against the Tigers will determine if we are playing fall ball.

Oh, and to celebrate this sucktastrophy, I headed on to the local 7/11 and grabbed myself a college classic- four lokos. Stlll does the trick. I recommend drinking 2 for the price of 6 dollars and seeing where the night will take you. Guaranteed to be great places.

EDIT: best news of the night is the fact that the Royals don't have enough fans to stalk our postgame threads and make us see the annoying 100 guests.

all*star quentin
08-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Sounds like fan wearing Youkilis jersey who retrieved Dunn's 400th HR was arrested. Didn't get to keep ball, either.

SpartanSoxFan
08-18-2012, 09:41 PM
I ****ing HATE Kansas City.

Good luck winning versus Guthrie tomorrow.

That is all.

amsteel
08-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Since the 9 game win streak the Sox are 35-32.
Since July 1 they are 23-18
Since Aug 1 they are 9-7

Barring another extended winning streak, they better hope about 88-89 wins is good enough to take the division. Because it doesn't appear that they have it in them to play 10 games over 0.500 ball for an extended period.

guillensdisciple
08-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Sounds like fan wearing Youkilis jersey who retrieved Dunn's 400th HR was arrested. Didn't get to keep ball, either.

Because he chased the ball into a pool?

Sounds pretty stupid. He didn't do it on purpose.

ChiSoxGal85
08-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Because he chased the ball into a pool?

Sounds pretty stupid. He didn't do it on purpose.
Actually I think he did do it on purpose - he ran down the concourse and dove over the railing into the pool. Can see the splash and everything.

Still sucks for him, though. Hopefully Dunn can give him some signed stuff and make it up to him, partly.

amsteel
08-18-2012, 09:56 PM
This is the third series the Sox have lost the Royals this year.

If Detroit wins the division I hope they invite KC to join in on the champagne showers.

ChiSoxGirl
08-18-2012, 10:02 PM
That was uuugly.

I ****ing HATE Kansas City.

Good luck winning versus Guthrie tomorrow.

That is all.

I don't know if there's any possible way I could HATE Kansas City more than I do at this moment! :angry: Escobar had four infield hits! FOUR!!!! That damn team is so Twin-like it makes me want to hurl. :angry: :angry: :angry:

SoxSpeed22
08-18-2012, 10:10 PM
We did a nice job of beating ourselves tonight. Can someone please explain why we keep letting Billy Butler beat us every time he whacks an up fastball?
Fool me seven times, shame on you, fool me eight or more times, shame on me.

soxfan1965
08-18-2012, 10:13 PM
This reminds me so much of the end of the 1967 season, with the pennant in striking distance, lost the crucial double header to lowly Kansas City (A's then), then ended the season with 3 losses to lowly Washington, as reported on this web site (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/History&Glory/1967c.htm). Yes, maybe the Sox are overachievers compared to Detroit firepower, but you gotta beat these teams, hopefully Sunday.

guillensdisciple
08-18-2012, 10:13 PM
We did a nice job of beating ourselves tonight. Can someone please explain why we keep letting Billy Butler beat us every time he whacks an up fastball?

LOL!

Pride?

palehozenychicty
08-18-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm counting on another Detroit loss to mitigate the damage.

tstrike2000
08-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Still have no idea as to how Chen is 5-1 with a 2.81 ERA over his last nine starts against the Sox.

Congrats to Dunn on #400.

ChiSoxGirl
08-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Still have no idea as to how Chen is 5-1 with a 2.81 ERA over his last nine starts against the Sox.

Congrats to Dunn on #400.

Maybe he's hurling the ball at Sox hitters from his groin area as you referenced in last night's postgame thread. :lol:

Lip Man 1
08-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Oakland begat Minnesota which begat Toronto which begat Kansas City.

Goes a long way towards explaining why the Sox have only been in the postseason three times in 12 seasons.

It's now as big a mental issue as the Metrodome was.

Four errors don't help either.

Lip

RockJock07
08-18-2012, 11:18 PM
The difference between the Royals doing this to us and the Twins doing this to us is that the Royals are irrelevant.

So as far as I'm concerned, the only people that really celebrate this **** are dumb KC fans and the players. At least we're not watching Denard Span and Alexi Casilla celebrate after a walk off single in a dome stadium.

In the end, how we do head to head against the Tigers will determine if we are playing fall ball.

Oh, and to celebrate this sucktastrophy, I headed on to the local 7/11 and grabbed myself a college classic- four lokos. Stlll does the trick. I recommend drinking 2 for the price of 6 dollars and seeing where the night will take you. Guaranteed to be great places.

EDIT: best news of the night is the fact that the Royals don't have enough fans to stalk our postgame threads and make us see the annoying 100 guests.

This is a very level headed post. What matters are the games vs the Tigers remaining and how the Sox play them.

Still not happy to lose to a team like the Royals. Reminds me of 2 seasons ago when the Royals won like 12 or 13 games vs the Sox. So frustrating.

JB98
08-18-2012, 11:21 PM
If it makes anyone feel any better, Zach Britton of Baltimore lowered his ERA from 8.10 to 6.23 with seven innings of shutout ball in Detroit tonight. The Tigers lost to a garbage pitcher, too.

It doesn't make me feel any better because I hate losing. But I offer that factoid because it might provide therapy for others as we suffer through another miserable Kansas City series.

BainesHOF
08-19-2012, 12:05 AM
I don't recall if I've ever been as mad about back-to-back games as these last two. The stupid, macho, hard-headedness of pitching to Butler time after time after time after time is beyond ridiculous. That so many people were in on it -- the pitchers, the catchers, the manager and pitching coach -- is stupefying.

Pitching stupidly like we have the past games is how you blow a pennant race. We deserved to lose these two games. A team that pulls this B.S. at this level does does not deserve to finish in first place or make the playoffs.

At least Stone and Hawk finally started speaking about the team's idoicy after the third time we allowed Butler to hurt us. They maintained some credibility with me. However, the team has lost me with its mental midget act the past two nights. I can't support the blatant, repeated stupidity.

StillMissOzzie
08-19-2012, 12:05 AM
Welcome to Oakland East. Ugh.

The Sox have ALWAYS had trouble with soft-tossing lefties, at least as far back as Jimmy Key. Something in the Sox water supply, I guess.

And 4 errors? Even this year's Twinkies will beat our boys with 4 errors.

SMO
:mad:

DrCrawdad
08-19-2012, 12:33 AM
That was uuugly.

Spot on!

Soxman219
08-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Congrats to Dunn on #400 and Youk's 1000th hit!:bandance:

Other than that, this is pathetic. When Detroit lost while the game was still on the line, the Sox had a golden opportunity to gain ground on the Tigers being only down 1. Yet, in typical 2nd half Sox fashion, they give up 4 runs ALL WITH TWO OUTS in a crucial time of the game where a contending division rival just lost! I don't get it, I just don't get! Why do the Sox have a problem with the Royals? The Royals are bad year in and year out, but lately the Sox can't beat mediocre pitchers like Cy Chen and have a hard time getting out All-star hitters Cain and Moustakas. You've seen Chen NINE TIMES in the last two years, you would think by now they would know to be patient on his slow stuff. Outside Butler, none of them can produce runs by themselves. This team as no legit stars, and yet the Sox lose another series against them in horrid fashion. It's so maddening.:mad:

thomas35forever
08-19-2012, 02:02 AM
Well, with four errors, we didn't deserve to win anyway regardless of whether Chen was pitching or not. At least Detroit lost, so no harm done.

SBSoxFan
08-19-2012, 04:55 AM
That was uuugly.

I don't recall if I've ever been as mad about back-to-back games as these last two. The stupid, macho, hard-headedness of pitching to Butler time after time after time after time is beyond ridiculous. That so many people were in on it -- the pitchers, the catchers, the manager and pitching coach -- is stupefying.

Pitching stupidly like we have the past games is how you blow a pennant race. We deserved to lose these two games. A team that pulls this B.S. at this level does does not deserve to finish in first place or make the playoffs.

At least Stone and Hawk finally started speaking about the team's idoicy after the third time we allowed Butler to hurt us. They maintained some credibility with me. However, the team has lost me with its mental midget act the past two nights. I can't support the blatant, repeated stupidity.

You do realize they intentionally walked Butler in the 8th inning of Friday night's game, right? The next batter hit a 2-run double that was the margin of victory. Pitchers miss their spots, they usually get hit.

SOXSINCE'70
08-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Memo to Robin Ventura and Don Cooper:

I am in no way athletic;the only thing I can catch is a cold.
But,having said that,even I know that pitching to Billy Butler is NOT a good thing.He's hitting over .400
against the team. Why do you continue to put Sox fans in heart attack mode by pitching to Babe Ruth?!?!?!?!?
IMO Billy Butler=Jason Kubel (against the Sox).
Losing sucks.:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

SOXSINCE'70
08-19-2012, 06:51 AM
Well, with four errors, we didn't deserve to win anyway regardless of whether Chen was pitching or not. At least Detroit lost, so no harm done.

True,but one wonders when this team will get its head out of its ass and realise that THEY control their
destiny,and I am tired of praying for the Tiggers to lose when the Sox lose.:(: I hope the Royals play the Tiggers this hard.
if they meet again this year,that is.

Just my opinion.

Dick Allen
08-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Failed opportunity to gain ground, which really hurts with the Yankees coming to town.

Brian26
08-19-2012, 09:07 AM

Not sure if you saw the entire game, but Stone and Hawk made comments after Butler's first hit and second hit. They even made a comment after Peavy plunked him in the first.

SCCWS
08-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Congrats to Dunn on #400 and Youk's 1000th hit!:bandance:

This team as no legit stars, and yet the Sox lose another series against them in horrid fashion. It's so maddening.:mad:

I assume you mean other than Butler, they have no legit stars. Butler is having a better year offensively than anyone on Sox.

#1swisher
08-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Congratulations Dunn #400 and to Youkilis 1000th! :gulp:

Sox
08-19-2012, 10:26 AM
That was uuugly.

Ditto!!!!!!!

BainesHOF
08-19-2012, 11:13 AM
You do realize they intentionally walked Butler in the 8th inning of Friday night's game, right? The next batter hit a 2-run double that was the margin of victory. Pitchers miss their spots, they usually get hit.

That was the correct thing to do. Pitching to Butler for the rest of the series was not.

I'll just add that Peavy hitting Butler was bush league considering that Peavy allowed Butler to beat him after that. For all his talk, Peavy doesn't have a lot going for him upstairs.

BainesHOF
08-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Not sure if you saw the entire game, but Stone and Hawk made comments after Butler's first hit and second hit. They even made a comment after Peavy plunked him in the first.

Yes. I was including Friday's hit in my count. When Stone and Hawk finally unloaded on the team for it, I wish they would have pursued how it was allowed to happen. Like I wrote before, there's a lot of people involved in it and nobody put a stop to it. That's was makes me so mad. Nobody knew we shouldn't be pitching to Butler?! Epic fail.

kittle42
08-19-2012, 11:51 AM
For all his talk, Peavy doesn't have a lot going for him upstairs.

I never thought that was in question. Luckily, we generally only care about how he pitches.

Hitmen77
08-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Playing KC now feels like a few years ago when the Twins owned the White Sox. :angry:

In a way, this reminds me of the Sox not being able to handle the lousy Tigers in 2003. The Tigers lost 119 games that year, but I think the Sox were something like 8-8 against them. The Sox ended up losing the division by 2 games. If only they took care of business vs. the Tigers, things may have been different that year.

Having a losing record vs. the Royals this year could end up being the difference maker this year.

It doesn't help that our head to head record vs. Detroit is less than stellar. We have a lot of games left vs. KC and Detroit.

Lip Man 1
08-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Hitmen:

The Sox rolling over and dropping dead against garbage teams has been going on way before that. Look at 1964 and 1967 off the top of my head but yes you're right, it has reached new heights since the new century started.

Lip