PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 'It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood' SOX vs TOR 8/16 Postgame Thread

soxinem1
08-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Break that Toronto hex!! Three in a row at Rogers Center! :bandance:

First W for Liriano in our uni, and HR's galore.

2 1/2 up on DET now!!!!!

Frater Perdurabo
08-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Seven runs on six hits is pretty efficient.

Nice outing by Liriano.

aryzner
08-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Feels great to be 2.5 up rather than 1.5.

Great series.

On another note, I hope they were able to help that fan and that he ends up okay.

soxinem1
08-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Seven runs on six hits is pretty efficient.

Especially when five of them left on airplanes...:cool:

LITTLE NELL
08-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Now lets go to KC and take care business, payback time with the Royals.

voodoochile
08-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Heck of a time to go on a homer binge. DSNB! Love all the long balls. This team has good power depth no question. Nice to make up one of the two games they are back on Detroit with a loss. This is a classic example of why people talk about loss column difference as the most important stat late in the season.

Okay that solves the Toronto problem. Now time to get some payback in KC. Hope PK is cleared to play.

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

cards press box
08-16-2012, 08:51 PM
In any time zone, it's all good!

:winner

all*star quentin
08-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Another good game. Keep Winning, boys! :)

Soxman219
08-16-2012, 08:53 PM
The Sox finally killed their Toronto hex! :bandance:
Gotta beat KC now, PK will be there and the Sox can start their run to the division crown.

thomas35forever
08-16-2012, 08:53 PM
We struggle north of the border, huh?

tstrike2000
08-16-2012, 08:56 PM
A lot of power tonight. A nice rebound start tonight and nice job by the Sox bats this series, capped off by Alex's three-run bomb and a solo shot by the Amish Missile.

PushinWeight
08-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Nice win, nice Series. Can we keep Wimpy in the broadcast booth until they lose?!

SoxFan49
My thoughts go out to that man who had a heart attack tonight, sad that something like that happened on national television. I will be praying for him tonight.

Tragg
Excellent game all around.

What a knock by Flowers.

Frater Perdurabo
08-16-2012, 08:59 PM
I like our chances against KC with Sale, Peavy and Quintana. Hope the bats stay hot.

DET plays at home, but against the Orioles, who are 8-2 in their last 10 and actually lead the Wild Card race.

OmahaSoxFan
08-16-2012, 09:01 PM
3 out of 4! In Toronto of all places! Now onto Kansas City whom the Sox have not played well lately, but the rotation sets up golden - would be a good time to go ahead and reverse that trend as well :cool:!

Great win tonight, 5 long balls and Liriano's first W as a White Sox, nice!

PeteWard
08-16-2012, 09:03 PM
I like our chances against KC with Sale, Peavy and Quintana. Hope the bats stay hot.

DET plays at home, but against the Orioles, who are 8-2 in their last 10 and actually lead the Wild Card race.

I am expecting things to go south soon for Balt. They just aren't that good.I think Detroit might sweep.

soxinem1
08-16-2012, 09:05 PM
I am expecting things to go south soon for Balt. They just aren't that good.I think Detroit might sweep.

Shhhh. Tell them that AFTER they are done playing DET!!!!!

kevingrt
08-16-2012, 09:05 PM
My thoughts go out to that man who had a heart attack tonight, sad that something like that happened on national television. I will be praying for him tonight.

Ditto.

Golden Sox
08-16-2012, 09:07 PM
The White Sox have been giving some of their players some time off. Beckham hasn't started the last 2 games. Starting next Friday at home the White Sox play 13 games in a row without any days off. Unless I'm wrong the third game of the Mariners series will have Gavin Floyd vs Felix Hernandes. Maybe the White Sox should consider starting Phil Humber against Felix the Cat. Not only would this give the pitching staff starters another day off, Humber has already pitched a Perfect Game against Seattle earlier in the year. By pitching him against Hernandes this could be one of the few times (if not the only time in MLB history) that 2 pitchers have faced each other where both have pitched perfect games the same season. From a PR standpoint, what more could the White Sox want?

Railsplitter
08-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Love it when we win when the other guys are off.:bandance:

fram40
08-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Shhhh. Tell them that AFTER they are done playing DET!!!!!

and before the Sox go there at the end of the month

slavko
08-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Can never have too many HR's. Just for those of us complaining about a 7 singles win recently. Complaining is what we do. Bullpen's looking beautiful, just about sorted out. Liriano mixing sliders with disappearing changeups, throwing strikes, looks like Coop fixed him(?) And they can catch the ball.

I'm believing.

Konerkoholic
08-16-2012, 09:23 PM
I know I shouldn't watch it, but on BBTN they recap the Sox win with "not sexy, not spectacular, but these guys just keep on winning." Uh, I think 5 HRs is pretty spectacular. They also said we rely too much on the HR and don't have much speed. Serves me right for watching those clowns.

central44
08-16-2012, 09:34 PM
I know I shouldn't watch it, but on BBTN they recap the Sox win with "not sexy, not spectacular, but these guys just keep on winning." Uh, I think 5 HRs is pretty spectacular. They also said we rely too much on the HR and don't have much speed. Serves me right for watching those clowns.

They're probably just bitter because we're not trailing Detroit by 20 games, like they all guaranteed. :cool:

doublem23
08-16-2012, 09:36 PM
We got a team

Lip Man 1
08-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Konerko:

Why are you even watching the Eastern Sports Programming Network?

---------------------------------------------

That being said, considering the issues in Toronto, considering they lost the first game, considering Konerko was on the shelf, how can anybody be unhappy with three out of four, regardless of how they scored or how often.

Very nice job.

Now just don't get swept by the garbage Royals with their ****ty pitchers and it will be a successful road trip.

Lip

SephClone89
08-16-2012, 09:43 PM
We got a team

:hawk

"We got a team there."

Noneck
08-16-2012, 09:46 PM
A very nice series win and nice contribution from bench. Pauls back tomorrow, I wonder who will be gone. I guess Veal, he has an option, Septimo doesnt.

Lip Man 1
08-16-2012, 09:49 PM
I hope you're wrong. Septimo is a new incarnation of Boone Logan.

Lip

DrCrawdad
08-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Now lets go to KC and take care business, payback time with the Royals.

Agreed. I'll be happy with a simple series win. Win game one then one more, please.

Nice win, nice Series. Can we keep Wimpy in the broadcast booth until they lose?!

I enjoy hearing Wimpy too.

amsteel
08-16-2012, 09:55 PM
3 out of 4 in Canada is more than most expected, lets just hope that doesn't mean they only win 1 in KC.

Twins Win
08-16-2012, 09:58 PM
It's great to see Franky get his first win with the Sox. I didn't see any of the game. He looked good from the box score. Was he that dominate?

Zakath
08-16-2012, 09:58 PM
The White Sox have been giving some of their players some time off. Beckham hasn't started the last 2 games. Starting next Friday at home the White Sox play 13 games in a row without any days off. Unless I'm wrong the third game of the Mariners series will have Gavin Floyd vs Felix Hernandes. Maybe the White Sox should consider starting Phil Humber against Felix the Cat. Not only would this give the pitching staff starters another day off, Humber has already pitched a Perfect Game against Seattle earlier in the year. By pitching him against Hernandes this could be one of the few times (if not the only time in MLB history) that 2 pitchers have faced each other where both have pitched perfect games the same season. From a PR standpoint, what more could the White Sox want?

Since this is the first time in modern history that two perfect games have been thrown in the same league in the same season, yes, it would be the only time that two pitchers who had thrown perfect games earlier in the season could possibly face each other - ish (they actually won't face each other, since you don't bat in the AL).

Zakath
08-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Especially when five of them left on airplanes...:cool:

Flowers' shot left on a supersonic fighter.

Noneck
08-16-2012, 10:02 PM
I hope you're wrong. Septimo is a new incarnation of Boone Logan.

Lip

Lip,

Im not saying who I would rather have , I'm guessing what will be done.

mahagga73
08-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Ditto.
theres been several tweets that he didn't make it by Jays fans . That's very sad, thoughts to the family if that's true. It didn't look good

Noneck
08-16-2012, 10:07 PM

This isnt the season to bring back Minnie to play in another decade stuff, you play your best to win now.

chisoxfanatic
08-16-2012, 10:29 PM
My favorite part of this all was Rios' HR...I love it when he give it to those boo birds.

Harry Potter
08-16-2012, 10:31 PM
#BREAKING (https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23BREAKING&src=hash): Man dies in hospital after collapsing during Jays game at Rogers Centre
http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/sports/article/220213--man-dies-in-hospital-after-collapsing-during-blue-jays-game

:(: My condolences to the fan's family.

Brian26
08-16-2012, 10:32 PM
My favorite part was Hawk claiming the stage manager told him Flowers' homer was the longest ever in the stadium, even though everyone knows Canseco hit one into the mid-part of the third deck when the place first opened, not withstanding Dunn's blast off the centerfield scoreboard two nights ago looked longer too.

mrfourni
08-16-2012, 10:42 PM
My favorite part was Hawk claiming the stage manager told him Flowers' homer was the longest ever in the stadium, even though everyone knows Canseco hit one into the mid-part of the third deck when the place first opened, not withstanding Dunn's blast off the centerfield scoreboard two nights ago looked longer too.

Hawk said it was the longest this year

jcw218
08-16-2012, 10:46 PM

I was watching this game and the what I believe I heard was that Flower's home run was the longest home run hit this year, not in the park's history.

Saracen
This is really shaping up to be one of my favorite White Sox teams.

mahagga73
I am pretty sure he said this season.

JB98
08-16-2012, 10:48 PM
The Sox pitched pretty well this whole series. Other than Floyd's one bad inning in the third game, they held Toronto's depleted lineup in check.

mahagga73
08-16-2012, 10:48 PM
My favorite part of this all was Rios' HR...I love it when he give it to those boo birds.
Why exactly do they boo him like that anyway? He was a 2 time all star and a very good player there . And it's not like he left for more money, didn't they put him on waivers?

Brian26
08-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Hawk said it was the longest this year

Flower's homer landed just above the Tony Fernandez letters. Dunn's homer two nights ago bounced off his picture on the scoreboard above centerfield. Sorry about the big picture, but for reference....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oYgwXLJxSwU/S86nZFzvZpI/AAAAAAAAAwk/pAEqmdcwk-4/s1600/skydome.jpg

TheOldRoman
08-16-2012, 10:50 PM
My favorite part was Hawk claiming the stage manager told him Flowers' homer was the longest ever in the stadium, even though everyone knows Canseco hit one into the mid-part of the third deck when the place first opened, not withstanding Dunn's blast off the centerfield scoreboard two nights ago looked longer too.Canseco's was straight down the line, about 30 feet to the left of where Flowers hit his, and the wall gets deeper in left center. I think Canesco's went a little farther, but it was close. Besides, Hawk said that is what the guy recollected, not that it was in fact the longest homer ever in that park.

chisoxfanatic
08-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Why exactly do they boo him like that anyway? He was a 2 time all star and a very good player there . And it's not like he left for more money, didn't they put him on waivers?
I know some Jays fans (friends of my boyfriend), and they have told me he dogged it for them at the end. He was dealt through the waiver wire, and all that we had to do was take on the remainder of his salary. I have no recollection of how he was doing for the Jays prior to being traded here. Maybe Brian26 or another MLB stathead might know.

TDog
08-16-2012, 10:53 PM
3 out of 4! In Toronto of all places! Now onto Kansas City whom the Sox have not played well lately, but the rotation sets up golden - would be a good time to go ahead and reverse that trend as well :cool:!

Great win tonight, 5 long balls and Liriano's first W as a White Sox, nice!

I find it impressive that the White Sox played seven games under the roofs in Toronto and St. Petersburg this year and have lost just the one extra-inning game Monday night.

Another well-pitched game, although with Rios leaving Toronto fans with something to remember him by late in the game, the pitching went unnoticed. I'm happy that the Sox stayed three games ahead of the Tigers in the loss column on a day the Tigers didn't play.

JB98
08-16-2012, 10:56 PM
I know some Jays fans (friends of my boyfriend), and they have told me he dogged it for them at the end. He was dealt through the waiver wire, and all that we had to do was take on the remainder of his salary. I have no recollection of how he was doing for the Jays prior to being traded here. Maybe Brian26 or another MLB stathead might know.

Rios was actually playing well when the Sox acquired him. He was 6-for-14 with two HRs in his final four games in a Blue Jay uniform. Then, he joined the Sox and went into a horrible spin the rest of 2009.

He hit .264 with 14 HRs, 19 SBs and 62 RBIs in 108 games with the 2009 Jays.
He batted .199 with 3 HRs, 5 SBs and 9 RBIs in 41 games with the 2009 Sox.

TDog
08-16-2012, 10:57 PM
... Sorry about the big picture, but for reference. ...

What bothers me most about the size of the picture is that it's big enough to see the 1993 banner.

slavko
08-16-2012, 11:01 PM
This isnt the season to bring back Minnie to play in another decade stuff, you play your best to win now.

Good call, got bigger fish to fry now than publicity BS. Humber looks like a nice long man and possible spot starter. Leave him there.

CHISOXFAN13
08-16-2012, 11:36 PM

Unless the mariners skip someone, Felix will not pitch in the series. The Mariners have another off day Thursday.

And even if he was, NO THANKS.

PalehosePlanet
08-16-2012, 11:45 PM
43rd time this season The Sox have held their opponent to 2 runs or less -- 2nd best in MLB (Rays 44.)

Great series after a suspect start on Monday.

SoxSpeed22
08-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Excellently pitched series and for the most part pretty well played. The long ball comes alive for us. Liriano was excellent in shutting the door.
Really sad to hear about the fan, web condolences.

fisk4ever
08-17-2012, 12:07 AM
http://www.citytv.com/toronto/citynews/sports/article/220213--man-dies-in-hospital-after-collapsing-during-blue-jays-game

Oh, I was afraid of that. The look on Youkilis' face at the end of the inning was haunting. Condolences, indeed.

Soxfanspcu11
08-17-2012, 12:15 AM
What a Terrible Event Tonight During Da Sox Game. I knew it didn't look good with the chest compressions. Major Props to Yooouk for Stoping Play, Allowing them to get him out of the stands and onto the Field, the Quickest Route Possible. It's Just HORRIFIC. We All Witnessed The Last Seconds of This Man's Life. I'm SO GLAD that My Child did not see that.

I can't Imagine what his Family Must Be Going Through, This is The Epitome of "Tragedy".

But on The Bright-Side (If there is one); @Least he passed away at a Baseball Game. He was probably having a Great Time and Enjoying Himself. Much Better than Passing Away in The "Office" or wherever he worked. It's Incredibly Sad Anyway you look at it.

This Goes SO FAR BEYOND Baseball and I Hope Everyone can recover and move on with this gentlemen in their prayers. Life, and even death happen when you least expect it. All the More Reason to Enjoy what We ALL HAVE.

GOD BLESS YOU SIR AND YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, and THOSE WHO LOVED and CARED ABOUT YOU. VERY VERY SAD :(:

Lamp81
08-17-2012, 12:51 AM
I find it impressive that the White Sox played seven games under the roofs in Toronto and St. Petersburg this year and have lost just the one extra-inning game Monday night.

It seemed to me that the roof was open for most, if not all, of this series. I do recall them saying the roof was being closed in one of the games, and it would take 20 minutes.

What a Terrible Event Tonight During Da Sox Game. I knew it didn't look good with the chest compressions. Major Props to Yooouk for Stoping Play, Allowing them to get him out of the stands and onto the Field, the Quickest Route Possible. It's Just HORRIFIC. We All Witnessed The Last Seconds of This Man's Life. I'm SO GLAD that My Child did not see that.

I can't Imagine what his Family Must Be Going Through, This is The Epitome of "Tragedy".

But on The Bright-Side (If there is one); @Least he passed away at a Baseball Game. He was probably having a Great Time and Enjoying Himself. Much Better than Passing Away in The "Office" or wherever he worked. It's Incredibly Sad Anyway you look at it.

This Goes SO FAR BEYOND Baseball and I Hope Everyone can recover and move on with this gentlemen in their prayers. Life, and even death happen when you least expect it. All the More Reason to Enjoy what We ALL HAVE.

GOD BLESS YOU SIR AND YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, and THOSE WHO LOVED and CARED ABOUT YOU. VERY VERY SAD :(:

Look at it this way, if it is your time to go, and you could pick where it happens, I may say USCF would be a great place, at least I would be in one of my favorite places. If this guy was a big Blue Jays fan, maybe this is a good way to go...

PeteWard
08-17-2012, 03:28 AM

Had the same rep there as he did in Chi last year as being lazy and an under-achiever.

October26
08-17-2012, 06:19 AM
In any time zone, it's all good!

:winner

It sure is! Great series win! It is so gratifying to watch the Sox play baseball: solid pitching, good defense, and a great offense. I loved hearing Hawk and Wimpy together on the broadcast and I especially enjoyed hearing Hawk's home run calls last night. :D: I am delighted to see the Sox playing so well and I hope the winning/fun continues for all Sox fans right through the month of October. Keep on winning, :bliss: and GO SOX!

EDIT: I just read the entire thread and learned that the fan who had the heart attack during the game last night later died. How awful! My deepest condolences go out to his family.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
08-17-2012, 06:44 AM
I woke up, turned the radio on to the Sox game, and the first thing I heard was Farmer and Jackson calling Viciedo's HR, followed by Flowers' HR. It was a good omen, lol.

After work, I saw the video of Flowers' shot on the White Sox website. My goodness, that was majestic. The only shot I'd compare it to would be Dunn's bomb off of Valverde in Detroit. He didn't miss a single stitch on that ball.

Lost in the power display was Liriano's fine performance and first win as a member of the White Sox. It's good to see him recover like that after getting knocked around against the A's. He made only one mistake to Sierra, but other than that, he was vintage Liriano.

Now let's go to KC and ****ing beat these ****ers like the hacks that they are. No more of this "Cy Mendoza/Chen/Guthrie" bull****, the Sox need to make a statement against (and example out of) these pathetic junkballers.

TomBradley72
08-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Seems like a team that is getting it's "second wind"- gotta give KW and Robin alot of credit- it was looking like the wheels were about to come off in late June- then Youklis + Myers + Liriano (for Lillibridge, Stewart, Escobar) , some extra rest for Sale and Peavy, AJ taking it up another level the past few weeks, and now the other coming to life (Dunn, Alexei, etc.)

Even Humber looks like a decent bullpen arm, and Veal could be a very nice add to the bullpen for the home stretch.

The 7 September games vs. Detroit could be the biggest September pennant race games we've played in many years-

Red Barchetta
08-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Flower's homer landed just above the Tony Fernandez letters. Dunn's homer two nights ago bounced off his picture on the scoreboard above centerfield. Sorry about the big picture, but for reference....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oYgwXLJxSwU/S86nZFzvZpI/AAAAAAAAAwk/pAEqmdcwk-4/s1600/skydome.jpg

I once saw a Raptors-Lakers basketball game at Skydome before they opened the Air Canada center. That was a weird experience.

Pictures like this remind me of the 70s era National League ballparks with all the round, astroturf ballparks. Ugh. Skydome was cool when it first opened, however now it looks dated. Jays, Rays and A's all need some new digs...

delben91
08-17-2012, 08:48 AM
For what it's worth, Sportscenter is saying Flowers' HR was about 470'

delben91
08-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Now let's go to KC and ****ing beat these ****ers like the hacks that they are. No more of this "Cy Mendoza/Chen/Guthrie" bull****, the Sox need to make a statement against (and example out of) these pathetic junkballers.

The pitching matchups are actually identical to the last KC series. And we all know how that turned out...

Chez
08-17-2012, 09:01 AM
We caught the Jays at a good time -- and capitalized. HR's are nice, but I don't want our offense too reliant on the long ball. When the trip started, I told my buddies that 5 wins would be awesome. We can do it. This team is good.

Only 4 more wins till we reach the Sports Illustrated 69. SI will be receiving an e-mail from me when the Sox get to that number.

DonnieDarko
08-17-2012, 09:05 AM
The pitching matchups are actually identical to the last KC series. And we all know how that turned out...

Indeed. Is it just me or does Chris Sale seem to have problems pitching against KC? I mean, it's not like he's done BAD, it's just that his worst outings seem to be against that team (starts in which the Sox don't seem to give him many runs, either).

Noneck
08-17-2012, 09:10 AM

All the Sox pitchers will be be going on 4 days rest in this series and vs. the yanks. Hope they are ready.

Harry Potter
08-17-2012, 09:13 AM
All the Sox pitchers will be be going on 4 days rest in this series and vs. the yanks. Hope they are ready.

So, normal rest

Noneck
08-17-2012, 09:16 AM
So, normal rest

Not really, most starters have been getting at least 5 so far in the 2nd have.

WisSoxFan
08-17-2012, 09:24 AM
The Sox are as close the Rangers in the loss column as the Tigers are to the Sox. I'm just sayin...

SoxFanCPA
08-17-2012, 09:25 AM

Dunn didn't reach the jumbotron, it landed in the camera well below it.

tstrike2000
08-17-2012, 09:46 AM

Yes, thoughts are with his family. I had just turned the game on the inning before and then saw them trying to do CPR after I heard Hawk talking about it. Unfortunate.

SOXSINCE'70
08-17-2012, 10:20 AM
:hawk

"We got a team there."

"It's all good."

SOXSINCE'70
08-17-2012, 10:22 AM

I got a chuckle out of that.If they're gonna boo,may as well give them something to really boo about.:cool:

hawkjt
08-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Great win!
Tyler Flowers showing signs of life with the bat since his regular playing time with AJ on the DL....nice.

Frankie has been pitching solid for 2.5 months,with only a couple of bad starts sprinkled in. His stuff is stellar,and having two power leftys like Sale and Frankie vs the Yanks is sooo nice.

Gavin and Frankie are sharper when they work every 5 days.
Sale,Jake and Quintana probably could always use the extra day.
Make it work Coop.

Unless things change the Sox will miss King Felix...good.
DWise joins the list of player additions by Kenny this year who have come cheap,but made immediate impacts on the team...Youk,Meier,Frankie...Kenny better be playing the lotto...he is hot!
As we were reminded last nite,life is short...enjoy each day ,and each win.

SoxandtheCityTee
08-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Canseco's was straight down the line, about 30 feet to the left of where Flowers hit his, and the wall gets deeper in left center. I think Canesco's went a little farther, but it was close. Besides, Hawk said that is what the guy recollected, not that it was in fact the longest homer ever in that park.

And while watching the replay of the Flowers HR Wimpy mentioned the Canseco shot.

The Immigrant
08-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Tyler Flowers against lefties this season: .342/.359/.711.

DonnieDarko
08-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Tyler Flowers against lefties this season: .342/.359/.711.

I think the solution to how to get the best out of Flowers is obvious.

thomas35forever
08-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Sad to hear about the fan. Really shows how fragile life is.:(:

guillensdisciple
08-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Sad to hear about the fan. Really shows how fragile life is.:(:

Yep live your day as it is your last.

Sad thing, but hopefully he died watching a team he loved and maybe was happy before passing.

Frater Perdurabo
08-17-2012, 02:34 PM
I think the solution to how to get the best out of Flowers is obvious.

I think it's time for Flowers to start v LHP, with AJ occasionally DHing those games.

downstairs
08-17-2012, 02:52 PM

Wow the Sox feed showed it? Ugh. All I could get was the Toronto feed, and I'm glad they didn't.

pearso66
08-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Wow the Sox feed showed it? Ugh. All I could get was the Toronto feed, and I'm glad they didn't.

Yes the Sox feed did show it. Pretty much from right after the foul ball right before it. At first you couldn't tell what was going on until Hawk mentioned it. The articles all say it lasted 4 min, it seemed like it lasted 30 min.

Hitmen77
08-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Great to take 3 of 4 up North. Now, the Sox need to take care of business in KC. Detroit isn't letting up, so the Sox need to keep on winning.

The Sox feed wasn't zoomed in on the scene; but, yes, I could tell from the shot they were showing that the medics were doing chest compressions. Hawk also mentioned that they were informed it was a heart attack.

What a shame for that fan's life to come to an end. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

:rip:

http://www.masslive.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/08/toronto_blue_jays_fan_dies_aft.html

soxinem1
08-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Pictures like this remind me of the 70s era National League ballparks with all the round, astroturf ballparks. Ugh. Skydome was cool when it first opened, however now it looks dated.

They can change most of that by doing what virtually every MLB team has done:

Replace the turf with grass.

KC was, IMHO, was the best of those early 70's turf parks, and became even better once they ditched the crap and went to grass.