PDA

View Full Version : What is Kenny doing?

balboner
07-26-2002, 10:59 PM
I'm all for trimming payroll, but if he trades Lofton and Howry for another picher with a 5 plus ERA (Fultz), he deserves to be punched. The point of trading isn't just for money reasons, but to get good young players. Needless to say Adkins isnt very good, and Fultz is real bad. KW is setting this franchise back a few years almost daily.

HawkDJ
07-26-2002, 11:04 PM
If young pitchers are less than 28 years old, than Fultz isn't a young pitcher.

kevingrt
07-26-2002, 11:06 PM
I rather just trade Lofton and Howry for a minor league player...

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2002, 11:07 PM
Just heard Levine on the post-game show, he made it sound like it's a package of players. With Fultz being the only guy he knows for sure is included.

RKMeibalane
07-26-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Just heard Levine on the post-game show, he made it sound like it's a package of players. With Fultz being the only guy he knows for sure is included.

Wonderful. I'm sure Frank Thomas, Joe Borchard, and Joe Crede are part of that package. I think everyone who vists this board on a regular basis should arrange to meet in Chicago. We should then go to KW's house and burn the place to the ground. Just a thought.

WinningUgly!
07-26-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
I rather just trade Lofton and Howry for a minor league player...

Can't we at least get a prospect that doesn't suck yet? I don't expect a top notch guy for Lofton and/or Howry, but is asking for someone who hasn't already reached "worthless" status too much?

Daver
07-26-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

Wonderful. I'm sure Frank Thomas, Joe Borchard, and Joe Crede are part of that package. I think everyone who vists this board on a regular basis should arrange to meet in Chicago. We should then go to KW's house and burn the place to the ground. Just a thought.

Kenny lives in Plainfeild,about forty miles from Chicago.....

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Can't we at least get a prospect that doesn't suck yet? I don't expect a top notch guy for Lofton and/or Howry, but is asking for someone who hasn't already reached "worthless" status too much?

Yes, it is.

BuehrleACE56
07-27-2002, 12:31 AM
bruce levine acted like it was basically a done deal. if this is his finale, kenny went out with a good game. maybe that will seal the deal. i am all for offloading payroll and giving the kids a chance, but i hope we get at least two or three prospects. if howry goes too then i definately expect more than one. and not worthless ones either. i wont mind dumping the gascan at all. he proved himself just that tonight. adding fuel to the fire. <sigh>

Jerry_Manuel
07-27-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
i am all for offloading payroll and giving the kids a chance, but i hope we get at least two or three prospects. if howry goes too then i definately expect more than one. and not worthless ones either. i wont mind dumping the gascan at all. he proved himself just that tonight. adding fuel to the fire. <sigh>

So you yourself are calling Howry garbage, but you expect worthwhile prospects in return?

Don't think so.

Tragg
07-27-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

So you yourself are calling Howry garbage, but you expect worthwhile prospects in return?

Don't think so.

Howry still throws hard. I wouldn't just dump his ass. he isn't expensive, when he was given the opportunity to save 3 (or was it 4) years ago, he succeeded. He's certainly got as much on the ball as most middle relief guys.
And we know KW has zero negotiating skills. He will get less than zero for Howry (probably nothing plus pay salary).