PDA

View Full Version : Well Let's See...

kevingrt
07-26-2002, 11:49 PM
Let's say the Thomas, Ritchie trade to Boston goes down and the Lofton & Howry to San Fran goes down. Our new line-up, staff, and bullpen would be?

Line-Up:
2B-Harris
CF-Rowand
LF-Lee
RF-Maggs
1B-Paulie
3B-Valentin
DH-Liefer
C-Alomar Jr.
SS-Clayton

Staff:
Buerhle
Garland
Wright
Glover
Rauch or An Aquired Pitcher?

Bullpen:
Wunsch
Marte
Ginter
Foulke
Osuna
Fultz
Biddle

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2002, 11:55 PM
If they move Lofton, I would look for Harris to switch to center.

RKMeibalane
07-27-2002, 12:11 AM
If Frank is traded, this is the lineup I would use:

CF- Rowand
2B- Harris
LF- Lee
RF- Ordonez
1B- Konerko
DH- Valentin
3B- Crede
C- Alomar/Johnson
SS- Clayton

BuehrleACE56
07-27-2002, 01:41 AM
during pregame they asked jerry about harris playing CF and he sounded like it was gonna be strictly 2nd base for wee willie. fine with me. he dont belong in center. put rowand out there every day.

RKMeibalane
07-27-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
during pregame they asked jerry about harris playing CF and he sounded like it was gonna be strictly 2nd base for wee willie. fine with me. he dont belong in center. put rowand out there every day.

Manuel will probably change his mind, as usual. Harris will play a few more games at second, and then he will be moved to center field when Lofton is traded to the Giants. Then, when that experiment blows up in JM's face, Harris will be used strictly as a pinch-runner.

Jerry_Manuel
07-27-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Manuel will probably change his mind, as usual. Harris will play a few more games at second, and then he will be moved to center field when Lofton is traded to the Giants. Then, when that experiment blows up in JM's face, Harris will be used strictly as a pinch-runner.

It's really not up to Manuel.

With Harris, Hummel, Crede, and Jimenez you have three spots for four players. Most will argue that Jimenez isn't that good, and I won't disagree, but the Sox will give him his shot.

One of those guys has to switch to the CF and that would be Harris. He has the speed to play center, his arm is weak though.

Daver
07-27-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

It's really not up to Manuel.

With Harris, Hummel, Crede, and Jimenez you have three spots for four players. Most will argue that Jimenez isn't that good, and I won't disagree, but the Sox will give him his shot.

BATTERS AVG G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI SH SF HP BB IB SO SB CS DP SLG OBP 1B 2B 3B SS OF C E

#Jimenez, D'Angelo .244 13 45 8 11 12 1 0 0 4 1 2 0 6 0 1 4 0 1 .267 .321 0 0 0 13 0 0 4

In thirteen games in AAA Jiminez has committed 4 errors,and has a whopping 4 RBI.

RKMeibalane
07-27-2002, 05:01 PM
Ken Williams really screwed up when he traded for Jimenez. D'Angelo was as good as Alfonso Soriano, but I think the serious car accident he was involved in has ruined his career.

I don't blame Jimenez. He is doing the best he can under difficult circumstances. KW expects him to be an All Star, but I think he lost that ability when he fractured one of his vertebrae. It doesn't do any good to accquire someone who cannot play at the level he once did.

Jerry_Manuel
07-27-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by daver
In thirteen games in AAA Jiminez has committed 4 errors,and has a whopping 4 RBI.

I know he's not that good.

The Sox are going to give him a chance to play.

Jerry_Manuel
07-27-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Ken Williams really screwed up when he traded for Jimenez.

It's not a mistake.

It's a gamble. Williams is counting on him coming back to form, which may never happen.

Tragg
07-27-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Let's say the Thomas, Ritchie trade to Boston goes down and the Lofton & Howry to San Fran goes down. Our new line-up, staff, and bullpen would be?

Line-Up:
2B-Harris
CF-Rowand
LF-Lee
RF-Maggs
1B-Paulie
3B-Valentin
DH-Liefer
C-Alomar Jr.
SS-Clayton

Staff:
Buerhle
Garland
Wright
Glover
Rauch or An Aquired Pitcher?

Bullpen:
Wunsch
Marte
Ginter
Foulke
Osuna
Fultz
Biddle

That team wins 65 games. Alomar and Clayton STILL on this team? Can't get rid of that great "leader" Jose Valentin. Give me a break.

I am looking for the new players we get after making those trades - I see one new name - Futz.

Jerry_Manuel
07-27-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
That team wins 65 games. Alomar and Clayton STILL on this team? Can't get rid of that great "leader" Jose Valentin. Give me a break.

He was talking about this season's lineup, if a deal goes. Unless someone trades for Sandy or Royce they'll be here.

Tragg
07-27-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

He was talking about this season's lineup, if a deal goes. Unless someone trades for Sandy or Royce they'll be here.

Okay - my mistake. But I still hope we get some players in return. I guess Hernandez and Nixon are wishful thinking.

Jerry_Manuel
07-27-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Okay - my mistake. But I still hope we get some players in return. I guess Hernandez and Nixon are wishful thinking.

No biggie. If Sandy and Royce were in next season's lineup, I'd raise hell.