PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Army

Quentin08
08-13-2012, 11:46 AM
The playoff race between the Sox and Tigers should go down to the wire. No doubt it's going to be an exciting finish, one that we'll remember for a long time.

The next home game against the Tigers is Monday night, September 10. It's half price night so it could potentially sell out despite it being a September game. I just bought a pair in the upper deck, and the total came out to less than $25.

Let's sell this game out, and let's sell it out early. We need to make a statement the next time the Tigers come into town. If we sell it out early, people will notice, and the other 3 games will likely draw big crowds as well. If it sells out, it will be the most raucous crowd for a regular season game since the blackout game in '08. And our players will feed off that energy. Let's do it! :bandance:

kittle42
08-13-2012, 12:01 PM
____ Army and ____ Nation are best left to other fanbases.

voodoochile
08-13-2012, 12:07 PM

Um... White Sox Army is kind of a board meme has been all along...

:army

and

:churrosarmy:

are both tags in the database. How you don't know that I have NO idea...

Chez
08-13-2012, 12:09 PM

Agree; but I support Quentin08's plan and enthusiasm.

voodoochile
08-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Wait... wait wait wait...

WSI has been the Sox Army since some poor hapless schlub on the ESPN Toon's board coined the term after a massive trolling session back in summer 2000. They used to troll our ESPN board all the time until most of the regulars there joined WSI where trolls got banned. Then we paid them back in spades nightly for most of the summer. That was before we got respectable, but ever since any call to action here has been a call for the Sox Army to get on their asses and start doing that internet spam thing.

We take pride in being the Sox Army around these parts. We may have invented the damned term or at least had it thrust upon us to wear with pride.

Know your WSI history. It's important...:tongue: :cool:

cbone
08-13-2012, 12:32 PM
I can't make it but looking at tickets on Stubhub there are 2 in the 4th row in UD 548 for 6 bucks each that are a steal, someone snag em.

voodoochile
08-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Oh and I'll go for sure if one of you kind folks will merely spring for the round trip plane ticket from San Jose...:D:

Harry Potter
08-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Half-price monday and discount codes readily available online for the other three games of the series.

If only we could share those codes on here :shakehead: