PDA

View Full Version : *** OFFICIAL *** There's a new Jordan in town POST-GAME WALK-OFF WINNER

doublem23
08-10-2012, 10:04 PM
:putitontheboard

DonnieDarko
08-10-2012, 10:05 PM
...wow. What a damned finish! :o:

Scottiehaswheels
08-10-2012, 10:06 PM
I would have gone with thats a W for Danks

Frater Perdurabo
08-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Bench bat found?

BigHurt3515
08-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Awesome. Just awesome

voodoochile
08-10-2012, 10:07 PM
OH **** YES!

Damn that feels good. So frustrating to see Floyd fall behind early again, but the team kept fighting and kept hitting solo shots until they got the lead. And what a time to take that first lead. Danks obviously sitting dead red looking first pitch fastball all the way and he got it ALL. Reddick didn't even move, just turned looked and then started to walk off.

We needed it. Heck, we need them all the way the Kittens are playing.

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana: :bandance:

DonnieDarko
08-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I just have to say...I liked Danks ever since he was drafted for some reason. I always cheered for him, hoped that he would become at least average. I still don't see him as anything other than a 4th outfielder, but I don't see him leaving the ML roster for awhile. Safe to say that the Sox are set in that position for awhile, no?

What a time for your first home run, Danks. Here's to hoping that you've got a lot more in you than that!

billyvsox
:putitontheboard

How long you been waiting for that post game thread title. Very Nice!!!!

PalehosePlanet
Four solo shots? Whatever works, I'll take it! Big win!

Congrats Jordan, your first major league homer a walk off shot? Not too many players can say that.

FielderJones
Solo shots by our 5, 6, 7, and 8 hitters. Homer or nothing. I'll take the homer :wink:

It's all good!

Now do this tomorrow too.

ChicagoG19
08-10-2012, 10:09 PM
I am happy with the win, but the reliance on home runs is starting to concern me.

bunkaroo
08-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Just stunned - in a good way. Figured Alexei and Tank would have a hard time, but as soon as Stone said left-handlers usually have a better look at Neshek, I was thinking it would be something if he managed a HR. Wow.

ChiSoxGal85
08-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Me, after Viciedo's at bat: "well, Danks hasn't been hitting at all. Guess we're going to extras..."

Me, 15 seconds later: :bandance:

I yelled so loud, jumping up and down, that I freaked out the dogs!!

all*star quentin
08-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Congratulations, Jordan Danks on your first MLB walk-off homer! :gulp:

Hahaha, he just got pied! :tongue:

Martinigirl
08-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Really excited about the win but I have to point out how painful the new CSN reporter is. I miss Sarah.

Frater Perdurabo
08-10-2012, 10:15 PM
I am happy with the win, but the reliance on home runs is starting to concern me.

Agreed. I wish we could score runs other ways, too. (Nothing wrong with homers; just need to stack walks and hits as well.)

voodoochile
08-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Postgame show in Oakland the talking heads are defending plunking AJ talking about how no one likes him anyway.

:AJ:
"OH GAWD! NOOOOOOOO!"

:fans
"We still love you, AJ!"

:AJ:
"Sniff... that's... that's... that's... (wipes eye, blows nose)... (Pies Danks)... welcome to the bigs, rook, now go get me a beer..."

cbone
08-10-2012, 10:20 PM
I guess I have to be more patient when Gavin falls behind early, but it gets so frustrating. What a great finish! :gulp::bandance:

Tragg
08-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Danks absolutely clobbered that ball. It was way out.

sox1970
08-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Danks absolutely clobbered that ball. It was way out.

Manto should show Viciedo that swing tomorrow.

happydude
08-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Stone kind of called it. He mentioned right before Danks came up that, "lefthanders will see Neshek much better", and then boom!

Tragg
08-10-2012, 10:28 PM
It seems like Oakland always has one of those Kent Tekulve looking pitchers in their bullpen.

Tragg
08-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Manto should show Viciedo that swing tomorrow.

He needs to show Viciedo what the strike zone is....or at least Viciedo needs to learn it.

Noneck
08-10-2012, 10:47 PM
The relief staff did very well again. Crain looked really sharp. And one more in the bank for Myers. Maybe Ventura will be getting a call from the top soon, to switch Crain and Myers role. Ok I'm kidding, for now at least.

JB98
08-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Neshek got away with a couple bad pitches to Ramirez. I figure Alexei couldn't barrel it up because that motion is hard on right-handed hitters. As Stone noted, lefties can see it better against Neshek. Danks got a good one to hit and got all of it.

Lip Man 1
08-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Hell of a way to get your first home run and like Double said they needed it since Feldman can't seem to beat anybody but the White Sox.

Oakland by the way has changed their rotation, Travis Blackley (?) goes Saturday and our old friend Bartolo Colon now pitches Sunday.

Let's hope for two wins and take the series. Any win they can get with Konerko out is a good thing.

9th game this year the Sox won when trailing in the 7th inning or later, six have come since July 24th.

Just glad Oakland who had seven hits and three walks off Floyd in six innings didn't score more runs.

Lip

EdHerman12
08-10-2012, 11:19 PM
As soon as I saw Neshek warming up I was thinking...I know they can get a run or two off this guy...What a great way to win battling back after Gav got in teh hole...the guy does it in reverse! Starts out bad...gets better! Whatever! It a White Sox win! :gulp:

GO WHITE SOX!

SoxSpeed22
08-10-2012, 11:30 PM
After that series stinker against KC, this was an excellent win against a scorching hot Oakland team.

sox1970
08-10-2012, 11:43 PM
After that series stinker against KC, this was an excellent win against a scorching hot Oakland team.

Now 4-6 in their last 10.

DumpJerry
08-10-2012, 11:49 PM
The guy sitting behind me at the game called it. When Danks came up, he told his girlfriend that right now would be a perfect time for his first major league dinger. We all thanked him profusely.

Ron Karkovice
08-10-2012, 11:59 PM
He needs to show Viciedo what the strike zone is....or at least Viciedo needs to learn it.

I am also so mad viciedo did NOTHING TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Jk clutch hr. Derp.

cards press box
08-11-2012, 12:34 AM
What a dramatic finish!

:winner

TheOldRoman
08-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Manto should show Viciedo that swing tomorrow.Or he could, you know, show Viciedo his own swing when he hit the opposite-field homer to tie it in the 7th.

johnnyg83
08-11-2012, 01:05 AM
I love Friday wins. I tuned out after the 3-0 start. Shame on me. Thank you Robin.

ghostface36
08-11-2012, 01:08 AM
Jordan hit that one pretty far i think hes got some pretty ih

Nellie_Fox
08-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Jordan hit that one pretty far i think hes got some pretty ihWhat? :?:

thomas35forever
08-11-2012, 02:13 AM
This team just refuses to lose (most of the time). That's the sign of a true contender.

Chez
08-11-2012, 07:19 AM
The guy sitting behind me at the game called it. When Danks came up, he told his girlfriend that right now would be a perfect time for his first major league dinger. We all thanked him profusely.

I was the opposite. Four seconds after I announced to my section that there was no way Danks was going to touch Neshek BOOM! That ball was crushed -- anyone get a distance on the HR? The Sox were fortunate they weren't down by more than 3 as it seemed like every ball Oakland hit off Floyd was a rocket. Our bullpen was nails. Let's keep it going.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
08-11-2012, 07:28 AM
I was the opposite. Four seconds after I announced to my section that there was no way Danks was going to touch Neshek BOOM! That ball was crushed -- anyone get a distance on the HR? The Sox were fortunate they weren't down by more than 3 as it seemed like every ball Oakland hit off Floyd was a rocket. Our bullpen was nails. Let's keep it going.

420 feet, according to ESPN.

October26
08-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Me, after Viciedo's at bat: "well, Danks hasn't been hitting at all. Guess we're going to extras..."

Me, 15 seconds later: :bandance:

I yelled so loud, jumping up and down, that I freaked out the dogs!!

:lol: I had the exact same feeling that the game was headed into extra innings. Glad we were both wrong.

I managed to get home from work just in time to see Viciedo hit the homer to tie the game in the 7th :bandance: and hear Hawk make his "It's All Good!" call. But it was Jordan Danks who saved the best for last, belting his homer in the bottom of the 9th to give the Sox the walk-off win. Hawk's call of the Danks homer was incredible; it gave me chills up and down my spine. :D: Love the Hawkeroo!

What a satisfying win - keep on winning, White Sox!

SCCWS
08-11-2012, 08:33 AM

Scorching??? Oakland is 4-6 in their last 10 games. They have been hot but hopefully are now cooling off.

hawkjt
08-11-2012, 10:44 AM
I was thinking how Jordan never seems to turn on any pitches and booomm!! He turns on the perfect pitch to turn on,and grooves a perfect power swing...if he never does anything in his career,he can always show his grandkids that swing and that moment...sweeetttt!

Gavin's struggles early are a major concern,but he is finding his slot later and giving us some good innings. Still wonder if he is just too strong early,with another extra day outing, and he is one guy that really does need to go every 5th day?

Sox need to survive this next week,and hope PK is back next weekend...go get another,Sox!

CoopaLoop
08-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Love the title. That was a bomb.

aryzner
08-11-2012, 12:08 PM
It took me a while and a few views of the highlight after the website put it online to figure out what in the hell Hawk said after, "That ball hit high and deep! Way back!"

It sounded like Hawk was having some sort of senior moment at first. Watching it live I didn't catch it and he sounded like, "GRANIT.. GRAT.. MOOOOOO!" but I'm pretty sure now that it's "Reddick doesn't move!"

Anyway that was a side note and I'm just wondering if anyone else didn't understand Hawk at that moment in the game.

Nice win, Sox. I thought we were screwed with how Gavin came out. There are still traces of that "we have no chance" mentality once scored upon early. I have to get that out of my head because this team is no longer like that. There is always a chance to win with this team.

Brian26
08-11-2012, 12:13 PM
It took me a while and a few views of the highlight after the website put it online to figure out what in the hell Hawk said after, "That ball hit high and deep! Way back!"

Doesn't Hawk usually say "...high and deep, way back, he looks up, ...and you can put it on the board..."

Since Reddick didn't move, he just replaced the "he looks up" with "Reddick doesn't move".

ChiSoxGal85
08-11-2012, 12:15 PM

It sounded like Hawk was having some sort of senior moment at first. Watching it live I didn't catch it and he sounded like, "GRANIT.. GRAT.. MOOOOOO!" but I'm pretty sure now that it's "Reddick doesn't move!"

Anyway that was a side note and I'm just wondering if anyone else didn't understand Hawk at that moment in the game.

Absolutely, it sounded like gibberish to me!!! Several of the beat writers/bloggers were tweeting about it last night, too, and are still joking about it this morning.

Edited to add: Although I can't blame Hawk at all for being caught off guard...Danks not exactly being a likely candidate for a walk-off HR.

dickallen15
08-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Hawk mentioned earlier during the game that if he sounded different it was because he bit his tongue eating dinner.

TDog
08-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Scorching??? Oakland is 4-6 in their last 10 games. They have been hot but hopefully are now cooling off.

Oakland had a great July. They have cooled off. Last month they won a lot of close games, especially at home, although that doesn't diminish the achievement. It's really typical A's baseball. They bring up people no one knows. The pitchers seem unhittable (until they develop arm trouble). Their hitters (top prospects from other teams that they traded their top prospects and former Rookies of the Year winners and contenders during the offseason) come out blazing until the league finds their holes and either they adjust, become wildly popular as budding stars, get bobblehead and jersey giveaway days and get traded for other teams' top prospects.

The A's are a very competive team and are always bringing up young pitchers who will be unhittable at their start of their careers, although this year for their rotation they have dredged up McCarthy and Colon who were bouncing around baseball before the A's signed them. I hope the A's have their July fight in them when they play the Tigers.

I really was surprised to see the White Sox win last night. Not because I expected them to lose going into the game, but because they couldn't generate any offense against McCarthy, and the A's came out hitting Floyd hard after scoring a run without a hit. Floyd was getting people out with hanging curves (although he was victimized on hanging cutters). Getting out of the bases-loaded situation was huge, and I loved the way Pierzynski simply stepped on home after the strikeout. I also love the way Pierzynsk looked at McCarthy after he was hit. There really is a veteran confidence in his play this year that impresses me.

When Danks came up, I thought he had a chance against the funky righthander. He apparently made good use of his watching time from the on-deck circle. All of the home runs the White Sox hit, with the exception of Viciedo's, came on pitches that looked like they were just what White Sox hitters were expecting. I think those three came on the first pitch, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

I really would like to see more offense, although the Sox did hit into some uncharacteristically good A's defense last night.

In case anyone wonders (I don't know if this is in the notes anywhere), Danks was not the first American Leaguer this year to end a game with his first major league home run. The A's catcher last night did it in a game against the Giants, which the A's were losing at the time.

Chez
08-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Hawk mentioned earlier during the game that if he sounded different it was because he bit his tongue eating dinner.

Dinner in August, 2007? :D:

KenBerryGrab
08-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Danks for dat one!

TheVulture
08-11-2012, 03:01 PM
I had no idea Danks had that kind of power. His homer looked like a vintage Dunn shot.

DumpJerry
08-11-2012, 03:15 PM
I had no idea Danks had that kind of power. His homer looked like a vintage Dunn shot.
It reminded me of Thome's 500th. As soon as it left the bat, it was a No-Doubter. There was no "could be, might be.." or "well hit, going back, back..." just "GONE!!!!"

I was in 115, so I had a "profile" view of the trajectory. It was moving with serious purpose. Also reminded me of Luzinski, Kittle, Zisk, Thomas and Gamble shots.

slavko
08-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Dinner in August, 2007? :D: I was thinking TIA because I never heard the explanation. He sounded like Brickhouse having cardiac arrest with a mouthful of hamburger on that last call, but I got the Reddick doesn't move part.

Winning, having fun, what the hey.

Jose.Contreras
08-12-2012, 07:58 PM

Where were you're seats? That guy you speak of may very well had been me. I was literally saying that to my girlfriend as Danks was coming to bat and received plenty of gratitude from the fans around me.

DumpJerry
08-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Where were you're seats? That guy you speak of may very well had been me. I was literally saying that to my girlfriend as Danks was coming to bat and received plenty of gratitude from the fans around me.
115, row 5.