PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys heard

fado
08-08-2001, 02:02 PM
It's being reported in Minnesota that Guzman is out until Sept. at least. And that they have no idea how long it will really take before he is readdy to play. I bet they are really pissed about that trade now.

Fisk Fan
08-08-2001, 02:08 PM
Keep your finger on the pulse to see if the media makes a big deal about the "damaged goods" scenario. It just seems that the Sox get the short end of the stick when it comes to the media spin.

Some things will never change!

PutItOnTheBoard
08-08-2001, 02:16 PM
Fisk Fan, it is a safe bet that the media will not refer to Christian Guzman as damaged goods seeing how that trade took place about three and a half years ago.

Fado is referring to the fact that Minnesota made a stupid trade this year, getting rid of one of their best bats when Guzman's status was still up in the air. Oh well, helps out the Sox in the long run. Heck maybe we could even catch them if we could actually win some games. Too bad we traded James Baldwin for a bag of baseballs.

fado
08-08-2001, 02:23 PM
Sorry I was referring to Lawton's trade sorry about being so vague. But hey, I thought that those baseballs were major league quality. Who knew? Beyond that did you guys notice that one of the pitchers that we got threw two innings the other night and got 6 strikouts? Those batters were all tee-ball players, but hey, this guy struck them all out!

Fisk Fan
08-08-2001, 02:25 PM
Considering the going rate for a starting pitcher before the trading deadline, don't you think we should have got a little more for Badwin? BTW, how stupid do we look after that trade!?!