PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Ticket Booths

Clembasbal
08-04-2012, 09:06 AM
When you go there and buy a $40 ticket, do you have to pay service fees like you do online, or it is just cost you $40?

Just wondering because I don't want to pay an extra $6 per ticket if I can just avoid the fee at the box office.

Thanks

doublem23
08-04-2012, 09:13 AM
I haven't bought a ticket at the box office in years, so I don't know if all the fees are strictly online, but of course, you still have to pay taxes and what not, so that $40 ticket will still cost more.

Plus, aren't box office purchases subject to the Sox's idiotically ridiculous dynamic pricing bull****? So you don't know what you're going to be paying.

SephClone89
08-04-2012, 09:14 AM
As doub says, I think there are small fees (taxes and etc), but you don't need to pay the $5-10 a ticket like you do on Ticketmaster.

As long as you're not worried about missing out on tickets or anything, then fee-wise it's much better to do box office.

You can always buy tickets to future games at the ticket windows in the park as well. I've done that in the past.

dickallen15
08-04-2012, 09:19 AM
If the ticket is $40, it will cost you $40. There are no fees. Taxes are already included in the ticket price. Like what was stated above, who knows what the ticket price will be when you get to the booth with "dynamic" pricing.

Clembasbal
08-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Perfect, thanks guys

SoxFanCPA
08-04-2012, 09:43 AM
The problem with the ticket booth is that you can't use the discount codes. I have no clue why anyone would buy a full price ticket.

SephClone89
08-04-2012, 09:59 AM
The problem with the ticket booth is that you can't use the discount codes. I have no clue why anyone would buy a full price ticket.

Yep.