PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere...

RKMeibalane
07-26-2002, 06:01 PM
...Ozzie Guillen is laughing his head off. The man the Sox got to replace his glove at short is actually a worse hitter than he was.

Good grief! This team has problems- the understatement of the year.

DrCrawdad
07-26-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
...Ozzie Guillen is laughing his head off. The man the Sox got to replace his glove at short is actually a worse hitter than he was.

Good grief! This team has problems- the understatement of the year.

Who are you referring to? At the moment I can't remember who the Sox got at short to replace Guillen or it that person is still around.

Do you mean Mike Caruso? Caruso's in town with the Royals now.

Are you perhaps referring to Ozzie Smith? The Royce Clayton connection?

RKMeibalane
07-26-2002, 11:32 PM
I was referring to The Choice. Caruso at least hit that "little league" homerun to help sweep the Cubs in 1999.

Daver
07-26-2002, 11:35 PM
I was referring to The Choice. Caruso at least hit that "little league" homerun to help sweep the Cubs in 1999.

Caruso was Schuelers biggest mistake,he should have let him develop in the minors instead of rushing him to the Sox to show something from the "White Flag trade".Had he done that Caruso would now be the Sox starting SS and Royce Clayton would never have been here.

RKMeibalane
07-26-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by daver

Caruso was Schuelers biggest mistake,he should have let him develop in the minors instead of rushing him to the Sox to show something from the "White Flag trade".Had he done that Caruso would now be the Sox starting SS and Royce Clayton would never have been here.

You cannot be certain of that, daver. Had Caruso developed into the player everyone thought he would be, Williams probably would have traded him to Texas in exchange for Clayton.

Daver
07-26-2002, 11:44 PM

You cannot be certain of that, daver. Had Caruso developed into the player everyone thought he would be, Williams probably would have traded him to Texas in exchange for Clayton.

Last time I checked Texas had a starting SS...........

WinningUgly!
07-26-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by daver

Last time I checked Texas had a starting SS...........

Yeah, they'll get by at SS for a while with that guy. :D:

RKMeibalane
07-27-2002, 12:19 AM
Texas could have played A-Rod at short with Caruso at second. Meanwhile, the Sox would still get stuck with Royce.