PDA

View Full Version : Cheap mlb.tv for August.

SephClone89
08-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Hey everyone,

I got an email an hour ago with an offer for mlb.tv

I don't think it can be used multiple times or anything like that, but basically if you watched the mlb.tv Free Game of the Day at any point this year, you should have gotten an email with an offer to get mlb.tv premium for $2.99 for August (advertised as 88% off a regular montly rate). I just jumped on it.

I had already been planning on getting it for the stretch run in September, anyway, so $3 for another month was an easy decision.

Just wanted to give a heads-up, if people haven't checked/tend to skip past their emails from MLB.

EDIT: looks like they've done this a couple of times this season. They have some other info (refer a friend deals, Lexus promos) listed on their site as well.

http://mlb.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/211/~/weekly-promotional-updates

SephClone89
08-02-2012, 05:19 PM
More again:

The current Refer-A-Friend deal for this season is actually insanely good. Details:
http://mlbtv.extole.com/m/1131371388

Basically, if you're a subscriber, you can have people click a link and they get their first month for 99c, and for each person who clicks it (up to 5), you get 5% off the mlb.com store.

It's not actually that great a deal for those who are doing the referring, but for the referees it's pretty damn great.

DSpivack
08-02-2012, 07:08 PM
More again:

The current Refer-A-Friend deal for this season is actually insanely good. Details:
http://mlbtv.extole.com/m/1131371388

Basically, if you're a subscriber, you can have people click a link and they get their first month for 99c, and for each person who clicks it (up to 5), you get 5% off the mlb.com store.

It's not actually that great a deal for those who are doing the referring, but for the referees it's pretty damn great.

Sweet---thanks!

SephClone89
08-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Sweet---thanks!

No problem.

If anyone is interested in being one of my referred friends, feel free to PM me.

Medford Bobby
08-03-2012, 04:12 PM
I got that too....how much will they charge in September after the 2.99 promo is over. :scratch:

I usually get an email after the Alll Star game for the whole season for 25 bucks....but NOT this year!:angry:

SephClone89
08-03-2012, 04:45 PM
I got that too....how much will they charge in September after the 2.99 promo is over. :scratch:

if you read the email, you'll see that you pay the regular monthly rate for Premium. So $25.

I usually get an email after the Alll Star game for the whole season for 25 bucks....but NOT this year!:angry:

You have to be mistaken. I can't see them giving away half the season for that cheap. I would've gotten it last year if that deal had been on the table.

Medford Bobby
08-04-2012, 08:13 AM
if you read the email, you'll see that you pay the regular monthly rate for Premium. So $25.

You have to be mistaken. I can't see them giving away half the season for that cheap. I would've gotten it last year if that deal had been on the table.

Yea same here....but this year MLB not being cheap....:angry:

I will sign if they go to 15 bucks in September..

kevingrt
08-04-2012, 09:34 AM

Same that has always been my favorite promo. Very annoyed they did not do it this year.

SephClone89
08-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Same that has always been my favorite promo. Very annoyed they did not do it this year.

Man, I must've been missing something the last few years, because I never heard of that one.