PDA

View Full Version : Nice Story On Kenny...

Lip Man 1
08-01-2012, 05:07 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120801&content_id=35931958&vkey=news_cws&c_id=cws

Lip

shingo10
08-01-2012, 08:18 PM
For all the flak he received during the "rebuilding/not rebuilding" offseason you have to admit that this has worked out as good as anyone could have expected.

Factor in that our projected number 1 went down in May and given all the other injuries to out pitching staff this truly is a special season. It's one of my favorites for sure. I think Robin really did change the culture in a positive way.

Ron Karkovice
08-02-2012, 01:54 AM
What a fun season this is turning out to be. Weregoing to hit the SI win mark soon.

sox230
08-02-2012, 03:16 PM
You can't help but think that the only reason Kenny is always in his "shadow" is because the lack of coverage and attention locally and nationally. Media people everywhere were praising David Kaplan for reporting that Dempster had approved the Yankees and Rangers to be traded to (not even an actual trade!). Meanwhile, how many rumors were there about Youkilis, Myers or Liriano (especially the last two)? How much Dempster stuff flooded your Twitter timelines? I think that Kenny does thrive on this though. You also can't help but to think that Theo coming in town might have lit a fire under Kenny's ass just a little bit. I also didn't think that the Ozzie-Kenny feuds had much effect on the actual ball club, but this season is proving otherwise.

Corlose 15
08-02-2012, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't call the White Sox pitching mediocre compared to the rest of the league and I wouldn't call their hitting either. Sale and Peavy have been some of the best starters in the league this year, Quintana has been great, Floyd has been league average and Humber has had his up and downs. Is the rotation fragile and in need of Liriano? Yes, but not because of mediocrity.

As for the lineup Dunn leads the league in HR and is near to tops in RBI and Konerko, Rios, and Pierzynski have all had very good seasons. De Aza has been solid all year in the leadoff spot and Youkilis has stabilized their gaping hole at 3B. They've got the talent to cause some damage in the playoffs, they've just got to get there in one piece.

pythons007
08-02-2012, 07:03 PM
You also can't help but to think that Theo coming in town might have lit a fire under Kenny's ass just a little bit.

The Cubs have always hired the next hero to project them to the promise land. Mcphail, baker, pinnella, now Theo and I'm probably forgetting people. Kenny likes under the radar and it helps when you have Chicago media asshats like Kaplan that bleed cubbie blue. Does anyone remember the ****ing Pujols jersey?