PDA

View Full Version : 72 Celebration Story / Pictures...

Lip Man 1
07-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Folks:

George Bova put up the "72 Celebration / Reunion Recap" story on the main page today (Sunday 7/29). You might recall I posted this in a thread two weeks ago because I didn't want it to get out dated. I was not able in that format, to put up the pictures that went with it.

George was able to, so if you'd like to see some of what went on those two days, here is the link to the story with the pictures off to the right side:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=2&id=4314

Lip

Sox
07-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Folks:

George Bova put up the "72 Celebration / Reunion Recap" story on the main page today (Sunday 7/29). You might recall I posted this in a thread two weeks ago because I didn't want it to get out dated. I was not able in that format, to put up the pictures that went with it.

George was able to, so if you'd like to see some of what went on those two days, here is the link to the story with the pictures off to the right side:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=2&id=4314

Lip

:cool: That must have been the experience of a lifetime. Thanks for the great article and the pictures.:smile:

dickallen15
07-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Lip,
That looked like a lot of fun. One question, I'm really concerned about Carlos May. I know he lives around here and was a team "ambassador", but I haven't seen him at any functions recently and he was a pretty big part of the 1972 team, and did not appear to participate. He's really a sweet guy. Do you know if he's OK?

Hitmen77
07-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Lip,
That looked like a lot of fun. One question, I'm really concerned about Carlos May. I know he lives around here and was a team "ambassador", but I haven't seen him at any functions recently and he was a pretty big part of the 1972 team, and did not appear to participate. He's really a sweet guy. Do you know if he's OK?

Isn't he first base coach for Schaumburg's minor league team?

Bucky F. Dent
07-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Great story, Lip! Thanks!!!!!

dickallen15
07-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Isn't he first base coach for Schaumburg's minor league team?
I didn't know that. I feel better now. I thought he might be sick or something.

Lip Man 1
07-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Dick:

He was at the celebration reunion dinner. He could not appear at the game that Sunday because he was coaching. He stayed for the pre dinner festivities to sign autographs, ate dinner then had to leave.

He sat next to me and looked fine if not a tad "heavy" around the middle.

Lip

BainesHOF
07-31-2012, 01:24 AM
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

BigKlu59
07-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Great Job, Lip...The photo's really show the appreciation in the eyes of those "honored".. And you know what they say about, Honor.. You can open a mans heart with honor. I see you fellowshipped with many happy and opened hearts..

BK59