PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7-29 107 degrees must make the ball slippery; TEX 2 SOX 0 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
07-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Well that sucked.

Feldman pitched well. Given all the Rangers he put on base via walks and HBPs, Floyd was both lucky the Rangers hitters are in a funk, and unlucky that his fielders failed to make some routine plays.

Winning a series in Texas is no small accomplishment. We are 6-3 against the Rangers this year, which is impressive after starting out 1-2 against them.

Let's go sweep the Twins.

amsteel
07-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Oh well, keep winning series and they'll win the division.

aryzner
07-29-2012, 09:48 PM
It's never easy to sweep a team, especially a good team like Texas. I'll take 2 of 3.

That all being said, yes, let's sweep the Twins. :D:

LoveYourSuit
07-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Easy to blame the defense and Gavin but you aren't going to win games by not scoring. Even more vs mediocre SP, brutal.

Gavin played with fire all night but still hung in there. His control has been brutal since coming back from the DL.

I guess let's take the series win and be happy.

guillensdisciple
07-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Ehh, one of those games that we had no business winning anyway. Gained 3 games in the standings in one week.

That's a good week.

RadioheadRocks
07-29-2012, 09:51 PM
It wasn't Gavin's WORST game, but he definitely relied on luck to get out of those self-imposed jams. His defenders can sugar coat it all they want, but he's going to have to figure it out for the stretch run.

Frater Perdurabo
07-29-2012, 09:52 PM
On a slightly unrelated note, does anyone find it just a little strange that Ron Washington does commercials for ACE Cash Express? Or am I the only one to experience cognitive dissonance?

Boondock Saint
Blah.

Gavin could have pitched a perfect game to this point, and we still wouldn't have a win, because we couldn't score.

Still only counts for one loss, though. Just have to do better tomorrow.

slavko
I like the bad Feldman better. This Feldman is one intelligent pitcher, gives you nothing to hit, changes speeds, location. Still, those 2 runs SHOULD NOT HAVE SCORED!:angry:

Kud...dammit anyway. Wanna win them all.

Brian26
07-29-2012, 10:05 PM
On a slightly unrelated note, does anyone find it just a little strange that Ron Washington does commercials for ACE Cash Express? Or am I the only one to experience cognitive dissonance?

Have to say, I enjoyed the Rangers broadcast for those few innings.

DickAllen72
07-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Have to say, I enjoyed the Rangers broadcast for those few innings.
So that's what professional announcers sound like.

Saracen
07-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Noticed that yesterday, really...odd.

ChiSoxGirl
07-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Since a Pick to Click hasn't been posted yet, I chose my own and am posting a link to the TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4315) in this thread.

Right on cue....

http://idigitalcitizen.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/eeyore.jpg?w=450

Frater Perdurabo
07-29-2012, 10:13 PM
So that's what professional announcers sound like.

Their TV PBP guy is usually their radio PBP guy, but is filling in while the regular TV PBP guy recovers from an illness. His radio background is apparent because he spends a lot of time describing the action, which is superfluous for TV viewers. He's pretty good, though.

Frater Perdurabo
07-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Since a Pick to Click hasn't been posted yet, I chose my own and am posting a link to the TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4315) in this thread.

Right on cue....

Jordan Danks probably deserves the PTC.

Lip Man 1
07-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Considering everything that happened this weekend, I'm satisfied taking two of three from the defending A.L. champs on their field.

Would have loved the sweep given that Detroit won though...however it is frustrating to waste a team pitching performance that only allowed two runs.

12th time this year the Sox lost a game when allowing three runs or less.

Win the series in Minnesota.

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
07-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Noticed that yesterday, really...odd.

Not only is the commercial itself strange, but choosing him as the spokesman is also strange for reasons specific to his own not-too-distant past.

CoopaLoop
07-29-2012, 10:40 PM
The thing about baseball that can be so maddening living day by day.

This is a game that shouldn't have even really been close with all the trouble Floyd was getting into, but it ends up 2-0. Suck to have the bats go silent against Feldman again.

Great week, great series.

tstrike2000
07-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Offensive feces tonight, but a good a series for us. We leave Texas in first place so let's start another winning streak.

TDog
07-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Ninth time the White Sox were shut out this year, almost as many times as the 10 they were shut out last season. A rather disappointing and unexpected way to finish the season in Texas after beating the current best Rangers pitcher Saturday night. But sometimes pitchers pitch great games even if their stats lead you to believe they are incapable.

Floyd pitched a very good game, although he had to work awefully hard in what should have been a 1-0 loss. The Rangers went 0-for-10, including the relief inning and a third, with runners in scoring position, benefiting only from a two-out-run-scoring error and fundamentally pushing across a leadoff double with productive outs. Getting on base doesn't score runs, and it mean much if no one drives in any runs, and I thought the Sox were going to run away with this game after the Rangers left the bases loaded in the first two innings. The White Sox had their chances -- not great chances, but they went 0-for-5 with runners in scoring position.

So Floyd, who began the season in a shutout loss on a Sunday in Texas, needed to do better than keep the ball in the part this time to keep the White Sox in the game. But that first start was against Harrison.

As a result, the White Sox only ended up picking up only three games on the Tigers in the seven days after they lost three games against the Tigers.

When the schedule comes out, I look to see if the White Sox have to play in Texas in July or August becaue that can drain a visiting team. Fortunately, the last two games didn't seem unusually draining. Nights in Minneapolis might feel refreshing after Texas, although they will have to face a team that has won three straight after losing three straight in Chicago.

Sox
07-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Good Guys take 2 out of 3 from the Lone St-rangers. Not an easy feat considering the talent on their ball club but you have to like it anyway. After initially being on the losing end of a can of corn from the motor city kitties sweep of the Sox about a month ago things are looking up for the South-Siders.:bandance:

SoxSpeed22
07-29-2012, 11:06 PM
When it's not your day, it's not your day. Hard to complain about taking 2 of 3 in Texas though.
Might as well sweep the Twins again to make us feel better.

chisoxfanatic
07-30-2012, 12:56 AM
If we make the playoffs, playing Texas is still looking pretty good. We finished 6-3 against them. You're not going to win every game.

I hope the Twins aren't going to play like they did against Cleveland this weekend.

doublem23
07-30-2012, 01:10 AM
I hope the Twins aren't going to play like they did against Cleveland this weekend.

Well, the Sox are a lot better than Cleveland

thomas35forever
07-30-2012, 02:42 AM
Missed this one except for a few glances at the TV. Can't win 'em all, I guess. Now let's continue our Twinkie feast.

Foulke You
07-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Ninth time the White Sox were shut out this year, almost as many times as the 10 they were shut out last season.
We have a very up and down offense this year. Quite streaky. However, at least we HAVE an offense this year.:tongue: There is a lot of firepower in this lineup that can bludgeon a pitcher. However, our sometimes achilles is that it is a very aggressive lineup early in the count. This tends to aid junk ball pitchers who don't like to throw strikes unless they have to.

palehozenychicty
07-30-2012, 01:29 PM
The team is doing fine. That Rangers team is a World Series competitor and the Sox seem to match up well against them.

On to Minneapolis.