PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7-27 Texas-sized beatdown, SOX 9 TEX 5 Postgamer

soxinem1
07-27-2012, 11:39 PM
Gutsy job by Sale after a rough first.

Our hitters had a great approach against a guy that's been tough and they have never seen.

CLE and DET lose, we gain!!

:bandance::bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
07-27-2012, 11:39 PM
I've got to love that late inning power!

SoxFan49
07-27-2012, 11:40 PM
I think Reed is a little lackadaisical in non-save situations, looks like the moment Kinsler got the hit Reed stopped messing around.

all*star quentin
07-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Awesome Team Win! :gulp:

LoveYourSuit
07-27-2012, 11:42 PM
With Humber and Floyd going the next 2 this one was huge to take.

PalehosePlanet
07-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Gotta say, very surprised by, and very proud by the way this team has bounced back after a horrible week. I personally thought the slump would last another week or so.

Four straight wins and 1.5 and 4.5 up on Detroit and Cleveland.

voodoochile
07-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Heck of an effort all around. From the consistent offense pounding it's way run by run back into the game to Tank's heads-up play backing up on the pop-up that led to the collision to get the out at 2nd anyway (how huge was that) to Sale settling down and working a strong 6 after that bad first. This team has heart and grit and defense and enough offense to make teams pay when they make a mistake. Oh and we got Rios too...

Bullpen was a bit shaky but then the offense blew it open late and what do you know...

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana: :bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
07-27-2012, 11:48 PM
We are now 5-2 against the Rangers this year, and thus have won the season series against them, for the first time since 2004.

soxinem1
07-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Would love to hear some good news about De Aza's wrist.... Hopefully judging from Herm's smile, maybe he is just sore.....

HomeFish
07-27-2012, 11:50 PM
If only we could play the Rangers every game!

Frater Perdurabo
07-27-2012, 11:53 PM
If the season ended today, the Angels and Athletics would play the wild card game, with the winner facing the Yankees. This means the Sox would play the Rangers in the ALDS. I like that potential matchup.

SoxFan49
07-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Bruised left wrist for Alejandro De Aza.

fram40
07-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Gotta say, very surprised by, and very proud by the way this team has bounced back after a horrible week. I personally thought the slump would last another week or so.

who'd a thunk five days ago we be up 1.5 on Detroit tonight. (two up in the loss column) very nice win for the Sox very nice

This is now one of my favorite Sox teams. Definitely

Lip Man 1
07-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Any time you can beat those guys with that offense at their place, that's special.

Lip

DSpivack
07-28-2012, 12:03 AM
If the season ended today, the Angels and Athletics would play the wild card game, with the winner facing the Yankees. This means the Sox would play the Rangers in the ALDS. I like that potential matchup.

That's assuming the Yankees end up with the best record over the Rangers, which might be the case (teams in the same division can now play each other in the LDS).

slavko
07-28-2012, 12:13 AM
Love Myers, paints those corners, just what the Dr. ordered in the 'pen. Want to bet he does some closing before it's over? This team has some backbone, didn't lose interest after the pitch location problem in the 1st. Who's responsible? Flowers, Sale or the scouting report? Beat two tough pitchers tonight. Dunn is either a base running genius or very lucky.

Can't believe they're this good. Don't wake me.:D:

soxnut1018
07-28-2012, 12:20 AM
Tigers lose. Indians lose. Sox win.

It's all good.

EdHerman12
07-28-2012, 12:20 AM
HUGE win! Love Dunn with the agressive base running! This team can hit...still a way to go but....we'll not get swept this weekemd! GO SOX!

:bandance:

johnnyg83
07-28-2012, 12:41 AM
That's a quality win. When you go down three in the first inning and battle back to win by four against a division leader and their "all star" pitcher... And at their place.

Darvish has been OK, but Japanese pitchers rarely match their hype.

JB98
07-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Good road win against a Texas team that is tough to beat at home.

Sale was short with his fastball and didn't have his slider at all in the early innings, but he battled through. The offense was famine last week. This week it is feast time. We'll see if the Sox can get to Harrison tomorrow. He's traditionally been tough on our hitters.

Nellie_Fox
07-28-2012, 12:52 AM
I think Reed is a little lackadaisical in non-save situations, looks like the moment Kinsler got the hit Reed stopped messing around.
Probably another one of those impressions that wouldn't be borne out by the stats, but it seems like Reed makes it an adventure more often than not.

Harry Potter
07-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Love Myers, paints those corners, just what the Dr. ordered in the 'pen. Want to bet he does some closing before it's over?

As long as he doesn't close 16 games the rest of the season.

Myers has a $10M option for 2013 that will vest if he closes 45 games this year. I believed he had closed 29 games at the time of the trade.

JB98
07-28-2012, 12:56 AM
As long as he doesn't close 16 games the rest of the season.

Myers has a $10M option for 2013 that will vest if he closes 45 games this year. I believed he had closed 29 games at the time of the trade.

He closed the Tuesday win over Minnesota, so he's now finished 30 games this season.

SoxFan49
07-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Probably another one of those impressions that wouldn't be borne out by the stats, but it seems like Reed makes it an adventure more often than not.

I'd like to see Reeds WHIP in non-save situations, because I'd imagine it's pretty high.

Hitmen77
07-28-2012, 01:01 AM

Wow. The Sox have gained back all the ground the lost in that disastrous sweep in Detroit. I wouldn't have bet that they'd be back to 1.5 up by Friday after that debacle.

This is a big win considering we have Humber vs. Harrison tomorrow.

We are now 5-2 against the Rangers this year, and thus have won the season series against them, for the first time since 2004.

Does this mean we've won the Texaco Cup?! Woohoo!

Tragg
07-28-2012, 01:05 AM
I take it that De Aza's okay?

Nellie_Fox
07-28-2012, 01:06 AM
I take it that De Aza's okay?They said they'll know more tomorrow.

Tragg
07-28-2012, 01:15 AM
They said they'll know more tomorrow.

He's been really key this year, as have been a couple of other waiver wire pickups.
Best production out of the leadoff since Tim Raines.

Harry Potter
07-28-2012, 01:19 AM
I take it that De Aza's okay?

https://twitter.com/DanHayesCSN
Alejandro De Aza said the left wrist definitely isn't broken. He might miss a day but didn't seem to be overly concerned.

https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan
De Aza and Ramirez both banged up left wrists. Both OK.
De Aza on missing time: 'No, no, no. If I miss any, maybe one day. But I don’t think this is bad.'

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin
De Aza sprained left wrist. Thinks he might miss one game. More to come on http://MLB.com (http://MLB.com)

central44
07-28-2012, 01:30 AM
I really think that Detroit series came at the worst possible time for the Sox. That road trip was brutal through Boston and KC...having to head to Detroit afterward must have been too much.

Anyway, it's good to see that the break against the Twins seems to have been what the offense needed, as they're crushing opposing pitching again. Hopefully this is the start of another hot streak for our Sox and another cold streak for the Tiggers.

guillensdisciple
07-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Good job sox- 1.5 up. No big deals

Chez
07-28-2012, 07:17 AM
15 more wins to get to the Sports Illustrated prediction!

Bucky F. Dent
07-28-2012, 07:58 AM
God love Lillibeast, but that Youk deal has been huge.

That dude just knows how to win big games!

October26
07-28-2012, 08:45 AM
Tigers lose. Indians lose. Sox win.

It's all good.

It sure is! :bliss: Another great win for the Sox last night. I'm glad the De Aza/Ramirez collision did not result in a serious injury for either player. I was worried because it was a violent collision. Hope we get more information today on how they are both doing.

Sox need a strong pitching performance from Humber tonight and for the offense to keep doing their thing. Keep on winning, White Sox! :bandance:

SCCWS
07-28-2012, 09:29 AM
I really think that Detroit series came at the worst possible time for the Sox. That road trip was brutal through Boston and KC...having to head to Detroit afterward must have been too much.

Boston and KC are both last in their divisions. That does not equate to a brutal road trip. These games are what make baseball so competitive. Boston has stunk since the White Sox series. Detroit has been just as bad. Yet White Sox played 2 bad series in a row, now they have bounced back well.

doublem23
07-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Completely recovered from that meltdown in Detroit

kufram
07-28-2012, 09:51 AM
There are many times when you simply cannot rationalize how one baseball team beats another and he seems that the higher the level of play the less sense it makes.

Meltdowns come and meltdowns go... what matters is who is solid at the end.

I'm going to have to watch the archive of this game.... an unexpected turn of events, gaining ground in Texas.

hawkjt
07-28-2012, 11:17 AM
It is the AL...there are no easy wins,no matter what the standings might say.

Love this comeback. Sox bats are back,after slumbering last week....nice.
DeAza is sitting tonite,but should return after that....whew!
Alexei hits a bomb after the collision....must be ok?

Rios is hitting .376 over the last 26 games....wow.
With PK and Youk,the Sox have two super-professional grinder/hitters who make the pitchers really earn it....that is critical mass that the Sox have lacked in that dept.
Is there anyone who is more comfortable hitting with two strikes than Youk? Love watching his atbats. It is like the at bat has not started for him till he has two strikes...what a bomb last nite. The guy looks like a couch potato,but has Hank Aaron-style wrists,it seems,and generates good power with a flick of them. Youk is one of the ugliest looking good athletes ever,if you know what I mean...runs better than he looks,does everything better than he looks....lov it.

Just me,or are Channel 26 games the worst produced,audio-wise, in the history of chicago sports? HELLO? Anyone home in their studios? The ambient crowd noise is off the charts....I can barely hear Hawk and Stoney( I know,some prefer that) above the din of the crowd. Do these crowds do the wave for innings at a time or is it the ch 26 audio? Get it fixed!!

Sounds bad for Danks return this year....what a bad break for the Sox. Hard to fathom that they are contending without him....baseball magic?

Good to see Greinke not go to the Tigers....but, Sox now will face him twice more as the Sox play the Angels twice more...stinks.

Humber needs to give us reason to believe in him tonite or Kenny might be forced to find a marginal starter like Millwood.

doublem23
07-28-2012, 01:47 PM
There are many times when you simply cannot rationalize how one baseball team beats another and he seems that the higher the level of play the less sense it makes.

Meltdowns come and meltdowns go... what matters is who is solid at the end.

I'm going to have to watch the archive of this game.... an unexpected turn of events, gaining ground in Texas.

Absolutely, just pointing out that we're 1 1/2 games ahead of Detroit again, as if last weekend's nightmare never happened (mathematically).

JB98
07-28-2012, 02:05 PM
I'd like to see Reeds WHIP in non-save situations, because I'd imagine it's pretty high.

Reed's WHIP in save situations: 1.143
Reed's WHIP in non-save situations: 1.333

Keep in mind, though, that Reed's WHIP in non-save situations is inflated because of one ****ty outing (http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA201205130.shtml) against the Royals in May.

central44
07-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Boston and KC are both last in their divisions. That does not equate to a brutal road trip. These games are what make baseball so competitive. Boston has stunk since the White Sox series. Detroit has been just as bad. Yet White Sox played 2 bad series in a row, now they have bounced back well.

Well, I remember those series both being extremely hard fought and competitive.