PDA

View Full Version : JR the next Marge Schott?

Fisk72
07-26-2002, 12:07 PM
I'm not too familiar about how they were able to get the Reds out of Marge Schott's hands, but I was hoping we might be able to do the same with JR. Any takers?

Fisk72
07-26-2002, 12:07 PM
Then again, maybe JR IS Marge Schott!

PaleHoseGeorge
07-26-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Fisk72
Then again, maybe JR IS Marge Schott!

Very true. They certainly look alike.

Can somebody post some pictures. I'm quite certain of this.

:gulp:

RKMeibalane
07-26-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Fisk72
I'm not too familiar about how they were able to get the Reds out of Marge Schott's hands, but I was hoping we might be able to do the same with JR. Any takers?

Schott did several things to lose the Reds. In 1993, she was suspended by Major League Baseball, although I don't remember what she did. The final straw came in April of 1996. Tragically, longtime NL umpire John McSherry died of a heart attack on Opening Day at a Reds-Expos game in Cincy. Schott made some insensitive remarks surrounding the incident, and then tried to apologize by sending the rest of the umpiring crew flowers.

A few weeks later, she made contreversial comments about Adolf Hitler. If I remember correctly, she said, "In the beginning, he was good, but then he lost control."

I don't think I need to explain why everybody in baseball despised that woman. She was evil.