PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 'A Tank Has Swept Into The Cell' MIN vs SOX 7/25 Postgame Thread

soxinem1
07-25-2012, 05:19 PM
I think that IBB in front of Viciedo the other day kind of fired him up.

Good to see Jake win without his best stuff, and we remain at least tied for 1st Place another day.

Did I hear right, we have won 15 of 19 against these guys? :scratch:

Now on to TEX, where the revenge-minded Rangers will be gunning for us.

thomas35forever
07-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Love that I get to use this:
:notwinks

JB98
07-25-2012, 05:22 PM
The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers. And I hope they never remove Bye-Bye Blackburn from their rotation.

The Sox are 7-2 against Minnesota this year and 15-4 over the last 19 meetings dating back to last season. Are we still their bitches?

VMSNS
07-25-2012, 05:23 PM
The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.

Beat me to it.

SephClone89
07-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Www.didthetwinswin.com

happydude
07-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Good bounce back after last week. The Twins are bad and they were treated as such. I don't know what Crain's deal was, though; no need to be looking to hit corners with a 6 run lead against a light hitting team.

voodoochile
07-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Oh yeah, beating the Twinkies still makes me smile, I don't care how bad they suck these days. We owe 'em a couple that's for damned sure.

Tank... is... a... MAN!

:soxwin:

:)

:bandance:

thomas35forever
07-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Www.didthetwinswin.com (http://Www.didthetwinswin.com)
They've stopped updating that.:(:

Soxman219
07-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Just like that, the Sox are back in 1st. This is a long way from being over though. If there is any time to face Texas it's now.

voodoochile
07-25-2012, 05:26 PM
They've stopped updating that.:(:

I guess so because it hasn't been updated since at least Sunday...

:sweep

soxinem1
07-25-2012, 05:27 PM
First sweep of MIN at The Cell since 2008.

:bandance::bandance:

LITTLE NELL
07-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Love sweeping the Twins.
Good to see Jake getting some run support even though he labored a bit today as did Crain.
Youk twisting his ankle did not look good, hope it's a mild strain but Youk is like Carlos Quentin, one injury after another. BoSox fan I play golf with predicted that Youk would get hurt somewhere along the way before the season is over.

asindc
07-25-2012, 05:29 PM
That's a White Sox winner!!:bandance:

The Sox now have a better record at home than on the road.:o:

RockJock07
07-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Love sweeping the Twins.
Good to see Jake getting some run support even though he labored a bit today as did Crain.
Youk twisting his ankle did not look good, hope it's a mild strain but Youk is like Carlos Quentin, one injury after another. BoSox fan I play golf predicted that Youk would get hurt somewhere along the way before the season is over.

I hope Youk doesn't turn into Rip Hamilton.

FreeBuck12
07-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Between the errors and runs driven in by Viciedo today I couldn't decide if I wanted to hug him or kill him..

Soooo glad to finally see some run support for Jake! It's about time!

Im really excited for Sale/Darvish on Friday and praying AJ Returns to the lineup as well, even though Flowers didn't disappoint today.

Saw Dunn is listed day-to-day right now- I just sprained my ankle a week and a half ago (at US Cellular actually... I fell down the stairs...).. i def feel for him that is incredibly painful.

QueerGirrl
07-25-2012, 05:38 PM
I hope Youk doesn't turn into Rip Hamilton.

Please no!!!! Be ok Youk! Twins suck and life is good.

LITTLE NELL
07-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Between the errors and runs driven in by Viciedo today I couldn't decide if I wanted to hug him or kill him..

Soooo glad to finally see some run support for Jake! It's about time!

Im really excited for Sale/Darvish on Friday and praying AJ Returns to the lineup as well, even though Flowers didn't disappoint today.

Saw Dunn is listed day-to-day right now- I just sprained my ankle a week and a half ago (at US Cellular actually... I fell down the stairs...).. i def feel for him that is incredibly painful.

Did Dunn also hurt his ankle, I know Youk did.

slavko
07-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Crain used the 9th to work on his curve ball. Still needs work. Thx, Twins. Fixed the hitting, fixed the losing. Good for what ails ya. First place for at least a few hours

BigKlu59
07-25-2012, 06:05 PM
:bandance: Nice 3 game elixer..:gulp:Well needed sweep over a team that has to be beaten when played... Now dont slide against the Royals,... Take those boys to the woodshed as well.. Enjoy the the sweep and the day off. Dont stop now boys....Its all good !!!!

BK59

DonnieDarko
07-25-2012, 06:21 PM
:bandance: Nice 3 game elixer..:gulp:Well needed sweep over a team that has to be beaten when played... Now dont slide against the Royals,... Take those boys to the woodshed as well.. Enjoy the the sweep and the day off. Dont stop now boys....Its all good !!!!

BK59

Wait, Royals? I thought that the Sox play the Rangers next?

All I can say about the sweep is that I love it! Great to see the ball flying out of the park and to see Konerko coming out of his slump. If the middle of the order can get clicking again, then this team will be very dangerous to face. Only bad thing that I have to say is that Beckham looks lost at the plate again, and that I hope Youkilis is okay.

LITTLE NELL
07-25-2012, 06:22 PM

BK59

Klu, the Rangers are next on the schedule, 3 games there then another 3 in the ''Land of Sky Blue Waters''.

hawkjt
07-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Gordo got a hit,and lined out sharply to right....progress.
Robin said Youk will probably be ok to go on Friday.
I know he had injuries issues the last 6 months with the Red Sox,but so far with the Sox he has missed like one game in maybe his first 27? I will take that anyday of the week.

Rangers will be gunning for the Sox,but if Sale can be his normal self, and the Sox keep hitting, they have a shot at taking that series,then up to Minny.....keep it rolling Sox!

JB98
07-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Good bounce back after last week. The Twins are bad and they were treated as such. I don't know what Crain's deal was, though; no need to be looking to hit corners with a 6 run lead against a light hitting team.

Looked like he was rusty. He hasn't pitched much this year. Couldn't get anything offspeed over, couldn't command the fastball. I don't think he was necessarily trying to pick corners. He was just struggling. He's needs to pitch in low pressure situations for the time being. Myers and Jones can handle the high-leverage spots in the seventh and eighth innings in the short run.

Lip Man 1
07-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Takes some of the sting out of looking awful over the weekend.

Team should enjoy the day and go easy, with the minor injuries and the heat in Texas it's more important to relax right now.

Go Tribe...(for tonight)

Lip

LITTLE NELL
07-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Takes some of the sting out of looking awful over the weekend.

Team should enjoy the day and go easy, with the minor injuries and the heat in Texas it's more important to relax right now.

Go Tribe...(for tonight)

Lip

Got another screw job on the schedule with a night game in Texas on getaway day.

SoxSpeed22
07-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Good to see us beating up on bad teams like we are supposed to. The Twins pitching staff is crap and the Sox treated them like it. At least 6-7 in that 13 game stretch is hard to complain about given how badly the road trip went. The Texas trip will be a tough one.

DumpJerry
07-25-2012, 07:04 PM
The White Sox are the piranhas.

voodoochile
07-25-2012, 07:18 PM
The White Sox are the piranhas.

I disagree with the number of bombs and the high run differential the Sox were hardly nibbling the Twinkies to death. More like great white sharking them...

DumpJerry
07-25-2012, 07:24 PM
I disagree with the number of bombs and the high run differential the Sox were hardly nibbling the Twinkies to death. More like great white sharking them...
Well, in each game this series, the Twins start with a lead and then......................CHOMP.

Harry Potter
07-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Well, in each game this series, the Twins start with a lead and then......................CHOMP.

Except for yesterday's game :cool:

ChiSoxFann
07-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Got another screw job on the schedule with a night game in Texas on getaway day.

I think it has to do with the Texas heat. I believe the Rangers play Sunday night home games during the summer months since the Texas sun can be brutal. I know Texas wants revenge after the sweep here so the Sox have to be ready.

So glad the bats showed up today. Made sitting in the heat well worth it.

DumpJerry
07-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Except for yesterday's game :cool:
But they did have a 4-2 lead at one point.

October26
07-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Just got home after spending a fantastic day with my daughter at US Cellular Field. Wow - was it hot in the outfield today! We spent the first 6 innings in RF outfield seats and then moved to some seats down the 1B line which were in the shade.

Love this thread title, btw. Tank! :D:

I've been working an insane amount of hours lately and it felt great to take the afternoon off to attend a Sox game. My daughter was very excited as well to be able to attend the game today. Peavy had a nice outing and the Sox bats were awesome. I really enjoyed watching the Sox sweep the hated Minnesota Twins. :bliss: Keep on winning, White Sox! :bandance:

ChiSoxGal85
07-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Just got home after spending a fantastic day with my daughter at US Cellular Field. Wow - was it hot in the outfield today! We spent the first 6 innings in RF outfield seats and then moved to some seats down the 1B line which were in the shade.

Love this thread title, btw. Tank! :D:

I've been working an insane amount of hours lately and it felt great to take the afternoon off to attend a Sox game. My daughter was very excited as well to be able to attend the game today. Peavy had a nice outing and the Sox bats were awesome. I really enjoyed watching the Sox sweep the hated Minnesota Twins. :bliss: Keep on winning, White Sox! :bandance:

Oh, so THAT's why Tank had such a great game...it was just for you! :D: I'm happy that you had such a good time with your daughter and that it was such a great game to be at...a White Sox winner!

all*star quentin
07-25-2012, 08:06 PM
:sweep Seventh time this season!

doublem23
07-25-2012, 08:41 PM
:sweep Seventh time this season!

Hard to believe a team that has swept 7 series already and has only been swept once is still only 8 games over .500.

:scratch:

ChiSoxFann
07-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Did anyone else at the game think Viciedo's HR to center was a routine fly out? It certainly looked that way off the bat. My dad and I assumed it was a fly ball and were both shocked it got out. I just remembered after reading a Rongey Tweet where he thought the same thing. Tank is one strong man.

SI1020
07-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Did anyone else at the game think Viciedo's HR to center was a routine fly out? It certainly looked that way off the bat. My dad and I assumed it was a fly ball and were both shocked it got out. I just remembered after reading a Rongey Tweet where he thought the same thing. Tank is one strong man. I thought the same way. He didn't seem to get all of the ball and then it just carried. I was very surprised it went out, and yes that is one strong young man.

October26
07-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Oh, so THAT's why Tank had such a great game...it was just for you! :D: I'm happy that you had such a good time with your daughter and that it was such a great game to be at...a White Sox winner!

Awww, thanks! Actually, Tank had a good day at the plate but not so good in the field. I spent the game screaming: "Oh yes, Tank!" and then a little while later I'd yell out: "Oh no, Tank!" Viciedo did make a nice running catch right up against the wall later in the game (I forget the inning). And his bat was hot today - just like the weather. :D:

AshleyShaferBMW
07-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Nice sweep after some people wrote the team off. I watched the game from left field today and the heat was almost unbearable. Santiago shot a water hose from the bullpen into the crowd every once in a while to try to cool the fans off, but retreating to the concourse seemed to be what most did to escape the heat.

chisoxfanatic
07-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Sweeping a team, especially after being swept, is HUGE. I hope their hot bats don't cool off after the day off tomorrow.

doublem23
07-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Did anyone else at the game think Viciedo's HR to center was a routine fly out? It certainly looked that way off the bat. My dad and I assumed it was a fly ball and were both shocked it got out. I just remembered after reading a Rongey Tweet where he thought the same thing. Tank is one strong man.

I was in the RF corner (Sect. 109) and I didn't think it was going to get out, especially since it was hit to almost dead center field. I was only hoping that Span wouldn't get back in time since he played a real ****ing lazy CF today. Frankly, all of Minnesota's OF looked like they didn't give a **** out there. Can't imagine Gardenhire's long for this job when his players are basically zoned out in July.

Rios' HR, OTOH, I knew was gone the moment it left his bat.

TheFrisbee
07-25-2012, 10:30 PM
I missed the game due to work. I see Septimo threw two scoreless innings. How did he look? If he can get some strikes over more often than not, with the stuff he has, he can be filthy.

I was in the RF corner (Sect. 109) and I didn't think it was going to get out, especially since it was hit to almost dead center field. I was only hoping that Span wouldn't get back in time since he played a real ****ing lazy CF today.

The HR stroke of Rios sure is a sweet one. I still can't understand how he kept that terrible stance of last year going for so long.

doublem23
07-25-2012, 10:32 PM
I missed the game due to work. I see Septimo threw two scoreless innings. How did he look? If he can get some strikes over more often than not, with the stuff he has, he can be filthy.

He looked good, though, you have to take it with a grain of salt because the Twins essentially clocked out of today's game somewhere around 2 PM.

Mohoney
07-26-2012, 12:14 AM

At least everybody else gets the same treatment in Texas. The Rangers don't have a weekday day game at home until September 27th.

TDog
07-26-2012, 02:04 AM
But they did have a 4-2 lead at one point.

Going into the bottom of the seventh. I wonder how different this series would have been if Gardenhire had brought in Perkins to pitch the seventh, although that is unrealistic second-guessing because everyone knows you only bring your closer in when you have a lead in the ninth. And who am I to question such a great manager?

The Twins lost today's game in the first when they could only get a run home on a bases-loaded double play before sending Blackburn out to pitch. The Sox offense had a great series. The Sox had three players in three games who were a triple short of hitting for the cycle. And the amount of hitting the Sox did with two strikes was most impressive. None of the games ended up close, even the one where the Sox were down two going into the bottom of the seventh.

Shrug your shoulders and say the Sox were supposed to beat the Twins, but on the roadtrip, the Sox weren't playing good baseball, certainly after the win in Boston, excluding the first eight innings Thursday. In Detroit, Peavy gave up three two-out hits to give up the lead in a winnable game against Verlander. Today with a two run lead and runners on second and third with none out, he struck out the next three hitters. It wasn't the Tigers, his stuff was good enough when it needed to be today that I get the feeling it could be the next time he faces them.

I hope the Sox can carry this back on the road where they will face teams they have swept in Chicago this month.

palehozenychicty
07-26-2012, 02:09 AM
I was in the RF corner (Sect. 109) and I didn't think it was going to get out, especially since it was hit to almost dead center field. I was only hoping that Span wouldn't get back in time since he played a real ****ing lazy CF today. Frankly, all of Minnesota's OF looked like they didn't give a **** out there. Can't imagine Gardenhire's long for this job when his players are basically zoned out in July.

Gardenhire is untouchable. If he couldn't get fired for all of that postseason failure, fughettaboutit.

The Immigrant
07-26-2012, 04:35 AM
At least everybody else gets the same treatment in Texas. The Rangers don't have a weekday day game at home until September 27th.

What about weekends?

doublem23
07-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Somebody is going to have to explain to me how Nick Blackburn has won as many games this year as Jose Quintana.

Mohoney
07-26-2012, 09:15 AM
What about weekends?

2 Sundays and 1 Saturday, IIRC.

Bruizer
07-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Nice sweep after some people wrote the team off. I watched the game from left field today and the heat was almost unbearable. Santiago shot a water hose from the bullpen into the crowd every once in a while to try to cool the fans off, but retreating to the concourse seemed to be what most did to escape the heat.

I saw that during the game. We sat in the upper deck in the sun where the breeze was pretty nice. We had a great time despite the heat!

voodoochile
07-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Somebody is going to have to explain to me how Nick Blackburn has won as many games this year as Jose Quintana.

Well Quintana didn't get wins in two games he held the other team to zero runs for 8 innings. That's part of the problem.

bunkaroo
07-26-2012, 12:07 PM
I had tickets for LF but thankfully was able to upgrade to Sec 128 row 36 under the overhang. Well worth the $44 extra for two tickets.

Had a few Twins fans around us - had to laugh when they were still fervently applauding the Twins making routine plays in the 8th inning. Guess you gotta have something to cheer about!

Gotta be the hottest game I've ever been at though.

BigKlu59
07-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Klu, the Rangers are next on the schedule, 3 games there then another 3 in the ''Land of Sky Blue Waters''.

Wait, Royals? I thought that the Sox play the Rangers next?

All I can say about the sweep is that I love it! Great to see the ball flying out of the park and to see Konerko coming out of his slump. If the middle of the order can get clicking again, then this team will be very dangerous to face. Only bad thing that I have to say is that Beckham looks lost at the plate again, and that I hope Youkilis is okay.

Gents,... I was referring that when they play the downtrodden, such as any bottom feeder, they should pillage the series like locusts in the cornfield. As Lip say's, beat the beatable so they dont leave the taste of lamentation in your mouth..

BK59