PDA

View Full Version : Sox-Rangers game Saturday evening(?)

SephClone89
07-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Just noticed on my At Bat app that the game on Sunday is on at 6pm, which clearly interferes with ESPN's exclusivity window. Is it not on TV? Or is there a special exemption for crazy hot weather in the Texas sun?

spongyfungy
07-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Just noticed on my At Bat app that the game on Sunday is on at 6pm, which clearly interferes with ESPN's exclusivity window. Is it not on TV? Or is there a special exemption for crazy hot weather in the Texas sun?

I think you're right about the heat. per mlb blackout wiki : . The Texas Rangers have traditionally been allowed to play (and televise locally) Sunday night home games during the summer to avoid the extreme heat often found in their home market.

TheOldRoman
07-25-2012, 01:52 PM
It will be on TV locally (but blacked out on MLB.TV). The Rangers always have an exemption to play Sundays nights at home during the summer months due to the intense heat.

DumpJerry
07-25-2012, 02:38 PM
The Rangers ars exempt from the ESPN blackout because it gets too damn hot to play day games there in July and August.

BigHurt3515
07-25-2012, 02:45 PM
It will be on TV locally (but blacked out on MLB.TV). The Rangers always have an exemption to play Sundays nights at home during the summer months due to the intense heat.

Blacked out on MLB.TV for what reason?? That is stupid.

TheOldRoman
07-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Blacked out on MLB.TV for what reason?? That is stupid.Because it is only shown locally. ESPN has the exclusive rights nationally to show the only game broadcasted on Sunday nights, the Rangers just have an exception to that. The Rangers played the Twins on Sunday a few weeks back and I was unable to watch that when I had my free preview of MLB.TV.

asindc
07-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Because it is only shown locally. ESPN has the exclusive rights nationally to show the only game broadcasted on Sunday nights, the Rangers just have an exception to that. The Rangers played the Twins on Sunday a few weeks back and I was unable to watch that when I had my free preview of MLB.TV.

This is some bull****.:angry:

KMcMahon817
07-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Those having trouble can watch the game here...

**** ESPN.

http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/63129/1/texas-rangers-vs-chicago-white-sox-live-stream-online.html

GABP
07-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Those having trouble can watch the game here...

**** ESPN.

http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/63129/1/texas-rangers-vs-chicago-white-sox-live-stream-online.html

Awesome, thanks!