PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod to the DL

#1swisher
07-25-2012, 11:36 AM
During Tuesdays game, Alex Rodriquez was hbp from Felix Hernandez. Headed to the DL with a broken left hand. Expected to be out 6-8 weeks.

Alex discusses his injury in this video.
http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=23325901

doublem23
07-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Just rub some steroids on it

TheOldRoman
07-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Just rub some steroids on itI believe "the cream" will take care of that. Maybe add a little of "the clear" on the tongue for extra measure.

eriqjaffe
07-25-2012, 12:12 PM
I bet the Yanks regret designating Dewayne Wise for assingment now.

SephClone89
07-25-2012, 12:32 PM
So he continues to avoid me. Never saw him live for the Ms or Rangers, and never saw the Yankees till '10. He was injured at the Cell in '10, and when I went to Yankee Stadium in '11. My friends and I have tickets for August 20th. One of my best friends is a Yankees fan, so that's why I continue to shell out money for those overpriced games.

But then it's not as if I have an urge to see him, though he was one of my favorite non-Sox players in my naive youth.

WhiteSox5187
07-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Didn't he restructure his deal in 2010? Because since then he hasn't been healthy at all.

TheOldRoman
07-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Didn't he restructure his deal in 2010? Because since then he hasn't been healthy at all.He infamously opted out of his deal in 2007 before game 4 of the World Series (in which the Red Sox would clinch). This infuriated baseball (who asks teams not to make any personnel announcements during the series) and the Yankees, who lost money they were getting annually from the Rangers from the trade in 2003. The Yankees resigned him for another ten years and $275 million. The Yankees will pay him another $114 million over the next five years. Serves them right.

jdm2662
07-25-2012, 02:00 PM
He infamously opted out of his deal in 2007 before game 4 of the World Series (in which the Red Sox would clinch). This infuriated baseball (who asks teams not to make any personnel announcements during the series) and the Yankees, who lost money they were getting annually from the Rangers from the trade in 2003. The Yankees resigned him for another ten years and $275 million. The Yankees will pay him another $114 million over the next five years. Serves them right.

Yeah, and I also remember the Yankees specfically telling BorASS to stay out of contract talks. I guess things got done much quicker without his antics. But, serves the Yankees right for signing him to that contract. Should've just let him test the market. He wasn't getting that money anywhere else.

Zakath
07-25-2012, 10:28 PM
During Tuesdays game, Alex Rodriquez was hbp from Felix Hernandez. Headed to the DL with a broken left hand. Expected to be out 6-8 weeks.

He was the third Yankee King Felix hit in 2 innings (hit Ichiro in the seventh and Jeter in the eighth before plunking A-Rod). He's already plunked 10 this year, when he'd never had more than 8 in an entire season before.

Hmmm...