PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 'It's A Dunn Deal & That's Fien With Us' MIN vs SOX 7/24 Post Game Thread

soxinem1
07-24-2012, 11:18 PM
I think Gardenhire and Mastroianni kind of pissed our boys off with their acting jobs in the 7th.

Good! Congrats to Gardy on his Academy Award, hope the ass-kicking was worth it.

Pretty solid night with the bats, especially later in the game.

Dare I say it? Bring out the brooms tomorrow!! :bandance::bandance:

SephClone89
07-24-2012, 11:19 PM
The Sox are done.

soxfanreggie
07-24-2012, 11:19 PM
I think Gardenhire and Mastroianni kind of pissed our boys off with their acting jobs in the 7th.

Good! Congrats to Gardy on his Academy Award, hope the ass-kicking was worth it.

Pretty solid night with the bats, especially later in the game.

Dare I say it? Bring out the brooms tomorrow!! :bandance::bandance:

A sweep would be fantastic! Just keep winning series and we'll do well.

Johnny Mostil
07-24-2012, 11:20 PM
First place again, eh?

sullythered
07-24-2012, 11:21 PM
That was awesome.

Also, Brett Myers really, really looks like an enormous douche. Whatever, get outs.

thomas35forever
We're mediocre at best. No way will we win this division.

ChiSoxGal85
Nice win! Quintana not super sharp, but the offense comes through, nice to see. :superman: Myers looked good in the 9th.

First place tie with the Tigers!

all*star quentin
Just keep Winning!

soxinem1
07-24-2012, 11:23 PM
That was awesome.

Also, Brett Myers really, really looks like an enormous douche. Whatever, get outs.

Did he say something offensive to you? :smile:

kittle42
07-24-2012, 11:24 PM
A sweep of an inferior team with a horrible starter on the mound tomorrow would be just fine by me.

CoopaLoop
07-24-2012, 11:24 PM
it's all good

voodoochile
07-24-2012, 11:25 PM
I love the smell of burnt crushed Twinkie in the evening. It smells like victory.

Don't Stop Now, Boys!

Loving all the inside out swings the last few games. Adjust to hit what the pitchers are throwing then they have to come back inside and with this lineup and that ballpark, that's a recipe for a lot of fireworks.

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana:

Frater Perdurabo
07-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Need to win games, period. "Winning series" is a laudable accomplishment if you lose the first game of that series, but you need to win as many games as possible.

Nice of the bats to break out the lumber big time in the later innings.

Quintana and the bullpen were good enough.

Sweep tomorrow, then enjoy the off day, then gear up for the Rangers, who we humiliated previously and will want revenge.

Aesero
07-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Dunn finally got a clutch hit! (The double because a runner was in scoring position, not the HR)

Zakath
07-24-2012, 11:28 PM

From that point on:
7th - Youkilis walk, Dunn 2-run HR, Konerko single, Rios double (Konerko to third, Escobar runs for Konerko), Ramirez walk, Viciedo single (scores Escobar and Rios, goes to second on error), Flowers walk, Beckham GIDP

8th - De Aza walk (steals second, goes to third on error), Youkilis walk, Dunn double (scores De Aza and Youkilis), Escobar groundout (Dunn to third), Rios single (scores Dunn), Ramirez 2-run HR, Viciedo groundout, Flowers groundout

9 runs, 7 hits (2 HR, 2 doubles), 5 walks, 2 errors, 1 stolen base

Think Gardy wants that one back? :D:

central44
07-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Hopefully coming was what this team needed to end that horrendous slump.

BigKlu59
07-24-2012, 11:31 PM
:bandance: Nice turnaround by the offence...crush it, spray it, move them around.. Nice way to beat up on a team that you are supposed to. Myers looks to be what the BP needed at this point. No nonsense approach..

Aint this winning fun?..:bandance: Forgot what whoopin a team felt like...

BK59

JB98
07-24-2012, 11:33 PM
The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.

Just in case anyone was wondering, the Sox are 14-4 in their last 18 games against Minnesota.

SephClone89
07-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Just in case anyone was wondering, the Sox are 14-4 in their last 18 games against Minnesota.

Stop; you're ruining the narrative!

Brian26
07-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Loved Dunn's one-handed home run.

SephClone89
07-24-2012, 11:38 PM
By the way, did Myers catch TCM's homer? It looked like he did on my SD programming on HDTV (thanks, hotel).

Brian26
07-24-2012, 11:39 PM
By the way, did Myers catch TCM's homer? It looked like he did on my SD programming on HDTV (thanks, hotel).

Saw that. He flipped it to Nieves, who gave it to a youngster in the stands.

thomas35forever
07-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Saw that. He flipped it to Nieves, who gave it to a youngster in the stands.
And thus, a lifelong Sox fan was made.

FielderJones
07-24-2012, 11:47 PM
Congratulations to our mediocre first place team. Keep hitting and keep winning.

The baseball gods were severe in their judgement of the trap "out". :wink:

Lip Man 1
07-24-2012, 11:48 PM
JB:

That's great. Start to close the gap after all those years when they couldn't do a thing with them.

Nice to see Konerko snapping out of it. Sorry Q didn't get the win but the team did and that's all that counts.

4th time this year the Sox came back to win when trailing going into the 7th inning or later.

Lip

SoxSpeed22
07-24-2012, 11:49 PM
At least we're winning these ones at home so that gives me a lot more optimism about August and September if we can make it through the rest of July.
I'm going to need to understand what happened in the 7th, because I was watching something else.

Zakath
07-24-2012, 11:50 PM

Rather non-chalantly as well.

Too bad he really, really looks like an enormous douche.

Zakath
07-24-2012, 11:52 PM
At least we're winning these ones at home so that gives me a lot more optimism about August and September if we can make it through the rest of July.
I'm going to need to understand what happened in the 7th, because I was watching something else.

Mastroianni trapped a line drive hit by De Aza to lead off the seventh, though he claimed to have caught it. Hernandez (ump at 1st) called De Aza safe. Gardenhire comes out to complain, call gets overturned. Sox proceed to open up a can of whoopass on the Twins in retribution.

The Immigrant
07-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Beckham looked absolutely clueless at the plate. A couple days off would probably do him some good.

Zakath
07-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Beckham looked absolutely clueless at the plate. A couple days off would probably do him some good.

3 hits in the last 10 games, with 0 RBI.

voodoochile
07-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Mastroianni trapped a line drive hit by De Aza to lead off the seventh, though he claimed to have caught it. Hernandez (ump at 1st) called De Aza safe. Gardenhire comes out to complain, call gets overturned. Sox proceed to open up a can of whoopass on the Twins in retribution.

I admit I was watching on a computer screen but it looked to me like he got the glove under it, but the color of the glove against the dark streak of grass I couldn't make it out exactly. It was damned close unless someone has a HDTV and can say otherwise. Was it clearly a trap?

soxinem1
07-24-2012, 11:57 PM

Youk is looking a little tired too. I'd give both a game or so off.

FielderJones
07-24-2012, 11:59 PM
I admit I was watching on a computer screen but it looked to me like he got the glove under it, but the color of the glove against the dark streak of grass I couldn't make it out exactly. It was damned close unless someone has a HDTV and can say otherwise. Was it clearly a trap?

It wasn't clearly a trap on TV, but the ump saw the trap and called safe. I hope he sees the replay and ignores his crew the next time they want to overrule him.

JB98
07-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Youk is looking a little tired too. I'd give both a game or so off.

They can have a day off Thursday.

TDog
07-25-2012, 12:05 AM
When Konerko hit a two-strike solo home run to break the 1-1 tie in the fifth, it was a pitchers duel. It ended up a pad-your-stats night for White Sox hitters and Josh Willingham.

If you're the Twins, you have to believe this was a game you should have won after Quintana struggled his third time through the lineup, giving up the lead lead by giving up his second Willingham home run. The Twins followed the template of other teams who have had success is shutting down the top of the Sox order in late innings, bringing in a lefty with De Aza leading off the seventh. If Gardenhire had the right idea, he went to the wrong lefty, probably because Duensing pitched four innings Monday night and Perkins has been closing (one of the problems with having a lefty closer). Tonight, the game turned when Dunn, whose weakness has been late-inning southpaw relief pitchers, took the lefty reliever deep to tie the game.

I was hoping Konerko wouldn't come out for a pinch-runner after he followed with his fourth hit, not because I thought he had a good chance of getting a triple for his first cycle in the eighth, but because the score was still tied, and a double play would end the inning that way. But the Sox kept hitting, even after the intentional walk to Ramirez. I thought the Sox should have scored more, but the next inning they picked up where they left off, with Dunn driving in two more against the righty reliever and the Sox having a comfortable lead by the time Konerko's spot in the order came up again.

I questioned Quintana coming out for the Sox in the seventh, and Jones kept the game from getting away from the Sox. On balance, though, Ventura tonight and in the first two games of the series outmanaged Gardenhire, who went by the book in the bottom of the seventh with players who may not have been up to executing.

This game was a big win not just because it put the White Sox back into first two days after they fell 1.5 games back, but because they won a game that seemed so typical of recent losses. It doesn't matter if the quality of the opposition had something to do with it (i.e. the Twins of a couple of years ago wouldn't have been expected to make three errors in three innings where the Sox scored). But this Sox team still has some fight left.

balke
07-25-2012, 12:06 AM
Hawk had me cracking up. I thought it was clearly a trap - turned out to be an almost impossible call (in standard definition). One frame on the replay it looks like its going into his glove - then the next it looks like it bounced up off the ground into his glove.

Still gotta get done out of that 3 spot though. That homerun would've been better if it were a single.

LoveYourSuit
07-25-2012, 12:07 AM

I disagree. I think this team is good enough to win this division or atleast battle for it.

Noneck
07-25-2012, 12:07 AM
3 hits in the last 10 games, with 0 RBI.

Hes batted below .200 for the past month and about OBP of.250. But he is what he is, a poor hitting and good defensive 2nd baseman.

balke
07-25-2012, 12:09 AM
What does everyone think of Myers? I don't remember the last time I saw a pitcher do what he's doing. Basically just nibbling that corner. He has complete control on the outside edge - that's gotta drive you nuts as a batter.

Only guy I can kinda think of is Maddux from way way back (no I'm not calling him Maddux).

Zakath
07-25-2012, 12:10 AM
I disagree. I think this team is good enough to win this division or atleast battle for it.

Doesn't hurt that it's really a mediocre division.

PushinWeight
07-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, the race for the Central Division is on.
I have a feeling its going to take til the last week of September to decide the winner.

TDog
07-25-2012, 12:17 AM

Oddly enough, in last night's Giants game, Mark Kotsay in left trapped a line drive with a runner on third and two outs. The third base umpire called Brandon Crawford out, Giants manager Bruce Bochy came out to complain and the play was overturned. The replay, which umpires of course didn't see, showed it was a clear trap and the umpiring crew was right to overturn the initial call. The SF media today was saying they had never seen such a play overturned after a manager came out to argue and how great it was.

Sometimes I wonder if plays in other recent games have any effect on umpires' calls and actions.

slavko
07-25-2012, 12:25 AM
What does everyone think of Myers? I don't remember the last time I saw a pitcher do what he's doing. Basically just nibbling that corner. He has complete control on the outside edge - that's gotta drive you nuts as a batter.

Only guy I can kinda think of is Maddux from way way back (no I'm not calling him Maddux).

Good catch. That's the difference between Myers throwing all fastballs and Thornton doing the same and getting hit. Myers tries to paint and succeeds.

sullythered
07-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Did he say something offensive to you? :smile:

His tough guy mannerisms after the last out, and his horrible, horrible hair/facial hair are enough for me.

kittle42
07-25-2012, 12:50 AM
His tough guy mannerisms after the last out, and his horrible, horrible hair/facial hair are enough for me.

Yeah, having a personality is pretty terrible.

Can't believe I'm actually compelled to defend Myers!

Crooked Number
07-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Hawk was so damn entertaining tonight. I was hoping to hear the "hitting contagion", but instead he treated us with "It's all good" several times. Yes! What a performance by the Sox. Plenty of ball left, this is going to be a very interesting rest of the season. Oh yeah, time for the Paulie gals again:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=7380&d=1334378966

MeteorsSox4367
07-25-2012, 01:33 AM
It wasn't clearly a trap on TV, but the ump saw the trap and called safe. I hope he sees the replay and ignores his crew the next time they want to overrule him.

I was at the game and the thing that got me was that the second-base umpire and first-base umpire looked right at each other before the call was made.

How the hell do they reverse that without looking at a replay?

Noneck
07-25-2012, 01:41 AM
She will be having a very tough couple months ahead. It makes sense to move out of the area.

Nellie_Fox
07-25-2012, 01:44 AM
I was at the game and the thing that got me was that the second-base umpire and first-base umpire looked right at each other before the call was made.

How the hell do they reverse that without looking at a replay?They aren't allowed to use replay for that play. They huddle and change calls all the time without looking at replays.

It was the first base umpire's call. They looked at each other to see if he had it. Once he made his call, and the second base ump thought he had a different view of it, they huddled. Not at all unusual. It looks like they changed it from right to wrong, but changing a call after a huddle is not unusual.

RCWHITESOX
07-25-2012, 02:06 AM
Doesn't hurt that it's really a mediocre division.

Well so is the National West and Central and the American League East. Point is their is really no dominate team this year and the Sox have just as much chance as anyone else.

doublem23
07-25-2012, 07:04 AM

http://www.starwarstoybox.com/809-1878-large/star-wars-admiral-ackbar-it-s-a-trap-t-shirt.jpg

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=23312293&c_id=mlb

doublem23
07-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Well so is the National West and Central and the American League East. Point is their is really no dominate team this year and the Sox have just as much chance as anyone else.

Uh, did you just call the AL East, a division that currently has no teams under .500, mediocre?

LITTLE NELL
07-25-2012, 07:11 AM
As Harry liked to say; ''Big possum walk late''.

DonnieDarko
07-25-2012, 08:04 AM
http://www.starwarstoybox.com/809-1878-large/star-wars-admiral-ackbar-it-s-a-trap-t-shirt.jpg

You, sir, win the internets.

SaltyPretzel
07-25-2012, 08:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQljzQ_FpUE

chisoxfanatic
07-25-2012, 08:57 AM
They aren't allowed to use replay for that play. They huddle and change calls all the time without looking at replays.

It was the first base umpire's call. They looked at each other to see if he had it. Once he made his call, and the second base ump thought he had a different view of it, they huddled. Not at all unusual. It looks like they changed it from right to wrong, but changing a call after a huddle is not unusual.
I wish they would go with what the guy closest to the play said more often. I've seen so many times where umpires further from the play overturn a call, making it wrong. I'm glad the 2012 Sox play with a chip on their shoulder. They seem to play the whole "disrespect" thing very well.

oldgrouch
07-25-2012, 09:15 AM

Maybe he needs to stop using Dunn's bat. :scratch::scratch:

doublem23
07-25-2012, 09:19 AM
I wish they would go with what the guy closest to the play said more often. I've seen so many times where umpires further from the play overturn a call, making it wrong. I'm glad the 2012 Sox play with a chip on their shoulder. They seem to play the whole "disrespect" thing very well.

Well, it's not just about distance, but also perspective. Really, that play probably should have been the 2B ump's call since, as the replay showed, anyone looking up the line at the RF would not have been able to see he trapped that ball, but someone with a side view would have an easier time.

Frankly, even though they blew the call, I'm glad they at least got together and conferred. As long as you're not going to have replay, umps are going to make mistakes. It happens. But nothing more frustrating than watching some guy make a call and then not confer with his crewmates.

It is what it is.

October26
07-25-2012, 09:36 AM
First place again, eh?

:thumbsup: Yep :bliss: feels great. :gosox:

Madvora
07-25-2012, 09:44 AM
From that point on:
7th - Youkilis walk, Dunn 2-run HR, Konerko single, Rios double (Konerko to third, Escobar runs for Konerko), Ramirez walk, Viciedo single (scores Escobar and Rios, goes to second on error), Flowers walk, Beckham GIDP

I've had it with Beckham's hitting already. He's not going to amount to anything.

34rancher
07-25-2012, 10:01 AM

I didn't know that Robin had such friends in low places...

Look at the video 3 later.

SOXSINCE'70
07-25-2012, 10:22 AM

And in their last 16 games in Detroit, the Sox are 3-13.:o::(:

Looks like Comerica Park is the new Metrodome.:angry:

Hitmen77
07-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Great to see the offense pile on the runs in their last 2 innings. With all the worries about the rotation and the bullpen, I think the Sox success will ultimately come down to whether this offense is productive through the end of the season. During the recent tailspin, the Sox only scored 1 or 2 runs in 5 of those losses.

Great to see Konerko on fire again. That's what we need.

Nice to see a big crowd (34,000) for last night's game.

Hes batted below .200 for the past month and about OBP of.250. But he is what he is, a poor hitting and good defensive 2nd baseman.

You know, after Gordon went on a little roll back in May and June, I was hoping that maybe he had finally turned the corner offensively. But his July numbers are terrible and he looks like he's gone back to the same struggles we've seen over the last couple of years.

SOXSINCE'70
07-25-2012, 10:27 AM
It is what it is.

:KW
"Next time,you'd better tell them where the quote came from.":D:

Hitmen77
07-25-2012, 10:27 AM

I can't speak for thomas35 here, but I totally read his post as an "implied teal" comment.

sullythered
07-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Yeah, having a personality is pretty terrible.

Can't believe I'm actually compelled to defend Myers!

His ridiculous hair and beard does not denote a "personality." It looks stupid, and it just serves to compound the notion I held about him because of his past. AJ has personality, this guy is an abusive jerkoff.

I don't boo performance, but I booed Wil Cordero, and I'll boo this guy.

SOXSINCE'70
07-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, the race for the Central Division is on.
I have a feeling its going to take til the last week of September to decide the winner.

And where are the sox playing that last week of September?? To be specific,their last 3 regular season games?? This will be ineteresting.

:indianslose:wh1tesox00

Johnny Mostil
07-25-2012, 10:48 AM
And in their last 16 games in Detroit, the Sox are 3-13.:o::(:

Looks like Comerica Park is the new Metrodome.:angry:

I'm not convinced. Last year the Sox were 3-6 against Detroit at home and 2-7 in Comerica. The year before, they were 3-6 against Detroit at home but 5-4 in Comerica.

Johnny Mostil
07-25-2012, 10:52 AM
And where are the sox playing that last week of September?? To be specific,their last 3 regular season games?? This will be ineteresting.

:indianslose:wh1tesox00

Tampa (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws#y=2012&m=9&calendar=DEFAULT)? :thinking: :wink:

SOXSINCE'70
07-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Tampa (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws#y=2012&m=9&calendar=DEFAULT)? :thinking: :wink:

Cleveland.

kobo
07-25-2012, 11:15 AM
I've had it with Beckham's hitting already. He's not going to amount to anything.
He may not amount to anything offensively, but he's one of the best defensive infielders the Sox have had. Such a shame, because if he could hit .270 and at least be competent at the plate I think we'd all be happy. But it seems like he hasn't changed his approach at the plate at all since he's been here and I think after this year the Sox need to consider finding another 2B.

CHISOXFAN13
07-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Cleveland.

The White Sox close the season with a four game series against the Rays.

doublem23
07-25-2012, 11:19 AM

You might want to check out October (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws#y=2012&m=10&calendar=DEFAULT)

chisoxfanatic
07-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Cleveland.
In OCTOBER. The end of September does see us playing the Rays.
Check the month of October. The season spills into there with a short road trip to end the season.

cws05champ
07-25-2012, 11:22 AM
He may not amount to anything offensively, but he's one of the best defensive infielders the Sox have had. Such a shame, because if he could hit .270 and at least be competent at the plate I think we'd all be happy. But it seems like he hasn't changed his approach at the plate at all since he's been here and I think after this year the Sox need to consider finding another 2B.
Yeah, pretty disappointing. I was really hoping he would turn into an Ian Kinsler type with a little less pop. We need his great defense at 2B right now, but I'm afraid you are right. The problem is though, he DID change his approach. His mechanics changed once he struggled in his 2nd year and stopped driving the ball in the location where the pitcher pitched the ball. Can't lay off the high fastball and pulls off the slider.

Johnny Mostil
07-25-2012, 11:23 AM
You might want to check out October (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws#y=2012&m=10&calendar=DEFAULT)

D'oh! I forgot the season ends mid-week. :redface:

doublem23
07-25-2012, 11:32 AM

I fully believe you can still win the Majors getting little offensive production from your 2B. I think the Sox have more pressing needs right now, especially long term solutions at 3B and C. I am personally hoping that maybe in a year or two Joey DeMichele will be pushing Beckham for PT

sox1970
07-25-2012, 11:34 AM
I fully believe you can still win the Majors getting little offensive production from your 2B. I think the Sox have more pressing needs right now, especially long term solutions at 3B and C. I am personally hoping that maybe in a year or two Joey DeMichele will be pushing Beckham for PT

Or Carlos Sanchez.

amsteel
07-25-2012, 11:54 AM
I really wish instead of Gardenhire complaining, unpires conferring, and Ventura complaining one guy could have looked at a video for 10 seconds and gotten the call RIGHT.

Zisk77
07-25-2012, 11:56 AM

I diasgree. He is still young and learning. Sure its disappointing that he hasn't lived up to his early promise. However, Think how long it took Joe Crede to become the hitter that was expected. At trade deadline '05 people were clamoring for the sox to trade for Eric Chavez and the like. Even if this is the best Beckham can be offensively (and I don't think he is) then thats ok as long as he is the worts offensive player we have and continues to play the stellar defense.

amsteel
07-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Also, I was able to go to the game last night, which means in the last 3 Sox games I've attended they are 3-0 and have outscored the opponent 40-6.

I need to go to more games.

Crooked Number
07-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Also, I was able to go to the game last night, which means in the last 3 Sox games I've attended they are 3-0 and have outscored the opponent 40-6.

I need to go to more games.

Can you bottle some of that game attendance luck and give some over here? I'm 1-5 at the Cell this year, 2-5 overall (Win at Wrigley). Going to a bunch of games in the next few months so hopefully I get a reversal of fortune!

DeadMoney
07-25-2012, 12:23 PM
I really wish instead of Gardenhire complaining, unpires conferring, and Ventura complaining one guy could have looked at a video for 10 seconds and gotten the call RIGHT.

The problem with this is even when they come back out after overturning a HR, the manager STILL comes out asking for an explanation. So really, you're still going to see some type of conference (although it might be a tad quicker).

Madvora
07-25-2012, 01:00 PM
I diasgree. He is still young and learning. Sure its disappointing that he hasn't lived up to his early promise. However, Think how long it took Joe Crede to become the hitter that was expected. At trade deadline '05 people were clamoring for the sox to trade for Eric Chavez and the like. Even if this is the best Beckham can be offensively (and I don't think he is) then thats ok as long as he is the worts offensive player we have and continues to play the stellar defense.
Just because Crede did it doesn't mean that's the norm and that's what's to be expected. It seems like Beckham keeps coming up in these big situations and does nothing but let us down. Yes, he's a good defender and is helping the team, but I've seen enough. I'd take my chances with someone who can hit.

DeadMoney
07-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Just because Crede did it doesn't mean that's the norm and that's what's to be expected. It seems like Beckham keeps coming up in these big situations and does nothing but let us down. Yes, he's a good defender and is helping the team, but I've seen enough. I'd take my chances with someone who can hit.

I'm convinced Beckham is just a really streaky hitter who will sit between .230 and .260 (with possible slight variations during hot/cold streaks), but is a fantastic defender. He is what he is and you just have to let him go through his streaks if you can handle it. For me, I've come to this expectation so watching him struggle doesn't nearly upset me as much as it used to and as much as I'm sure it annoys others.

JB98
07-25-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm convinced Beckham is just a really streaky hitter who will sit between .230 and .260 (with possible slight variations during hot/cold streaks), but is a fantastic defender. He is what he is and you just have to let him go through his streaks if you can handle it. For me, I've come to this expectation so watching him struggle doesn't nearly upset me as much as it used to and as much as I'm sure it annoys others.

Yeah, I have to say I hate Beckham's offense. However, defense is the biggest strength of the 2012 White Sox. The Sox have the best defense in the division by a mile. I'm not inclined to do anything that disrupts that.

DSpivack
07-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I have to say I hate Beckham's offense. However, defense is the biggest strength of the 2012 White Sox. The Sox have the best defense in the division by a mile. I'm not inclined to do anything that disrupts that.

Maybe the best in baseball.

Madvora
07-25-2012, 02:03 PM
It never used to upset me until now. Now I've reached a point where I believe, like you said, he is what he is. I used to hold out hope that he was just young and things would change, but they won't. He sucks as a hitter.