PDA

View Full Version : Wandy Rodriguez going to PIT

soxinem1
07-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Good to see them actually make a move 'going for it'

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/pirates-close-to-acquiring-wandy-rodriguez.html

russ99
07-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Good to see them actually make a move 'going for it'

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/pirates-close-to-acquiring-wandy-rodriguez.html

Good to see the Astros ditch that awful contract for good prospects in Grossman, Cain and Owens.

Great that the Astros have a quality GM for the first time since Gerry Hunsicker quit. Luhnow is stockpiling pitchers like there's no tomorrow. Probably another two years in the desert, but the Astros have a nice future ahead, and it's looking like they'll pass on Appel picking first again next year. ;)

sox1970
07-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Watch the Pirates win the top wild card, which would have been good enough the last 17 years...then lose a one-gamer at home to the Braves or Dodgers. That would suck.

CoopaLoop
07-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Watch the Pirates win the top wild card, which would have been good enough the last 17 years...then lose a one-gamer at home to the Braves or Dodgers. That would suck.

That would be so Raven.

soxinem1
07-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Good to see the Astros ditch that awful contract for good prospects in Grossman, Cain and Owens.

Great that the Astros have a quality GM for the first time since Gerry Hunsicker quit. Luhnow is stockpiling pitchers like there's no tomorrow. Probably another two years in the desert, but the Astros have a nice future ahead, and it's looking like they'll pass on Appel picking first again next year. ;)

I agree about the prospects, but HOU is including a lot of $$$$ on this deal. PIT needs the depth and will have him through next year as well.

thomas35forever
07-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Bye-bye to the final remaining Astro from '05.

Tragg
07-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Good return for the Astros - better than they got for Oswalt a couple of year ago.
But the Astros are going to look like the Pirates did for so long for I'd think 5 years at least, unless they hit FA.
They just don't have any real ML players on the roster.

WLL1855
07-28-2012, 01:17 AM

I'd give my fondest wishes for the Pirates to come out of the NLCS on top.

Yeah, it isn't much but that's all I've got.

Hitmen77
07-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Good return for the Astros - better than they got for Oswalt a couple of year ago.
But the Astros are going to look like the Pirates did for so long for I'd think 5 years at least, unless they hit FA.
They just don't have any real ML players on the roster.

The Astros also are moving to a division dominated by two powerhouse franchises (Angels and Rangers). It's going to be tough to go up against those big boys.