PDA

View Full Version : Christine O'Reilly World Series Ring?

ShooterMcGavin
07-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Is Christine wearing a 2005 Series ring during her interview with Steve Stone? I'm not sure about that.

ChiSoxFann
07-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Every staff member got one. Even her, unfortunately.

FielderJones
07-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Every staff member got one. Even her, unfortunately.

Why unfortunately? Isn't charitable work and community outreach a noble part of White Sox baseball?

Noneck
07-24-2012, 11:53 PM
Isn't charitable work and community outreach a noble part of White Sox baseball?

Both are very noble and should be appreciated but that doesnt make a paid employee noble. Basically she is getting paid to do this job and I dont know if she does it well.

ShooterMcGavin
07-25-2012, 03:55 AM
Why unfortunately? Isn't charitable work and community outreach a noble part of White Sox baseball?

No one said charitable work isn't noble, only questioned whether such work deserves baseball's championship ring.

Here is the White Sox Charities grant list, it appears the overwhelming bulk of funding goes to at-risk youth, including the CeaseFire organization: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/community/grants.jsp

DumpJerry
07-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Why was this thread started? All employees of the 2005 White Sox were given rings and I'm sure almost none of those rings have been sold or are otherwise no longer in the possession of the owner.

Is this thread a personal attack on O'Reilly or a political comment given the most recent post?

Hitmen77
07-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Why was this thread started? All employees of the 2005 White Sox were given rings and I'm sure almost none of those rings have been sold or are otherwise no longer in the possession of the owner.

Is this thread a personal attack on O'Reilly or a political comment given the most recent post?

No kidding. What's wrong with the Sox giving WS rings to all of their employees?

This is the first I have heard someone complain about O-Reilly. What has she done to draw people's disdain?

DumpJerry
07-25-2012, 09:51 AM
It just so happens that I saw that very ring on Opening Day 2006 when O'Reilly stopped by my seats to hi to two friends of hers whom she got tickets for that day.