PDA

View Full Version : Central Illinois Directv Customers- WCIU HD games

SpartanSoxFan
07-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Hello everyone,

I was just curious if you all are watching the Sox tonight on the local affiliate WAOE-HD 59 out of Peoria. I know that this is an HD station because they broadcast "How I Met Your Mother" in HD...but it looks like tonight's broadcast is in 4:3 Standard Def only. :(: Is this the norm? Is it a licensing issue between WGN and WAOE?

Lip Man 1
07-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Spartan:

Send Bob Grim of the Sox an e-mail with that question...he'll be able to answer it for you.

bgrim@chisox.com

Lip

balke
07-24-2012, 11:00 PM
I was watching Baseball Tonight and they weren't even showing highlights - probably do to the game being SD. SD needs to be eliminated.

FielderJones
07-24-2012, 11:02 PM
I was watching Baseball Tonight and they weren't even showing highlights - probably do to the game being SD. SD needs to be eliminated.

I was watching over the air HD; looked fine to me.

balke
07-24-2012, 11:11 PM

Maybe that's the secret. Where I'm at it's on Uverse and the channel broadcasting it doesn't have an HD option.

FielderJones
07-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Maybe that's the secret. Where I'm at it's on Uverse and the channel broadcasting it doesn't have an HD option.

Certainly there was HD footage available for BBTN. Probably would have taken 30 seconds away from Yankee and Red Sox coverage, though.

WLL1855
07-25-2012, 12:19 AM
Hello everyone,

I was just curious if you all are watching the Sox tonight on the local affiliate WAOE-HD 59 out of Peoria. I know that this is an HD station because they broadcast "How I Met Your Mother" in HD...but it looks like tonight's broadcast is in 4:3 Standard Def only. :(: Is this the norm? Is it a licensing issue between WGN and WAOE?

I'm afraid I can't answer this question to your satisfaction but I typically watch the WCIU games out at Old Chicago at Grand Prairie if they can get them. I do know that OC has Dish Network so that might be a factor in what I'm watching but as far as I can tell I'm getting the HD feed.

Edit: Good God I butchered that response. Note to self: Don't post before bed when exhausted.

Hitmen77
07-25-2012, 08:01 AM

Are you in Chicagoland? I'm surprised that they wouldn't have every local channel (including WCIU) in HD.

I get it in HD on Comcast. But, I am in the Chicago market.

SpartanSoxFan
07-25-2012, 04:04 PM

Are you saying you are getting WCIU over the air in Chicagoland or WAOE in Peoria?

SpartanSoxFan
07-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Spartan:

Send Bob Grim of the Sox an e-mail with that question...he'll be able to answer it for you.

bgrim@chisox.com

Lip

Will do...thanks!